Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 12: Steelers @ Colts, MNF, Nov. 28, 2022, 8:15PM ET

NFLfan

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes he is. He is a running back playing qb. These running type qbs look cute but u will never form a championship team with them. Colts made Hurts look average. Keep him in the pocket and make him thow. The other down side. U have to build your team to fit their skill set. When they get injured u r kind of screwed cause they r no real back up with any talent that can play that style.

I wouldn’t call 72 completion percentage and a QB rating of 107 average

I know the one and dones were bad under Manning. However this had to be llthe  most disastrous season as a Colts fan. The other years, I knew the team would make the play offs and then just had to wait if they could win a game lol.  This year I bought into the hype. It seems like every game is a punch in the gut for me. It just reminds me of how foolish I was to  believe the hype. Honestly,  its like saving up my money to buy that car I have wa Ted for years only to find out I bought a lemon. Every day I take it out of the garage another problem pops up. I am at the point wherw I just want to leave that car in garage until I have the money and time to fix it. In this case after April 2023.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Am I the only one who really hopes AR and Steichen end up being a success story and this hypothetical Ballard firing doesn’t happen? 
    • You were picking better than me most weeks, just had unfortunate luck once or twice, I definitely earned that last spot. My average was pretty bad week after week. 
    • You are missing out a rather LARGE piece of the puzzle in your factoring here. We had last season's win numbers with GARDNER FREAKING MINSHEW at QB practically the whole season. Love the guy and what he did for us last season, but he isn't exactly a world beater at the QB position. AR brings such a different dynamic to this offense and teamm, Shane is going to be chomping at the bit to get started this season. The sample size we saw from AR last season was small, but it was definitely encouraging - especially considering we were all expecting him to be much more raw and inaccuarte. He basically red-shirted last year, learning the NFL game and in Steichen's ear the whole time, while learning the playbook inside out.  Our team has fundamentally stayed the same as last season, which damn near won the AFC South with Gardner at QB for the love of god. Now we add AR to that mix, as well as some very interesting additions in Mitchell and Latu who could have very meaningful impacts. The fact that we are so under the radar is almost laughable - AFC South isnt going to know what hit it. 
    • Great points!  I would assume the Irsay’s would conduct the interviews. If Steichen is given more control he would as well or the new GM could decide his fate like Ballard did with Pagano. Several ways it can go and we are a few years away from it even happening so who really knows. I’m hoping none of it matters and the team becomes a true contender and this discussion is merely killing time. 
    • I would say "hire the best who's available for the job". If all the good / great GM candidates are gone, you're stuck hiring someone like Grigson (or maybe someone from this forum).   I often wonder, who's the best candidate to hire for an impossible job? Someone who can make the impossible, possible?
  • Members