Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4-6-1 what’s next?

runthepost

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is the point spread factor though. I usually get 70% of my games right when picking but that is without the point spread being factored in.

Yea I don’t gamble so I don’t really know what it all means…but I’m sure that it’s a better payout with a spread as opposed to just win or lose

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Draft a LT with the top pick.  No QB until you rebuild this OL.

I agree that none of the QBs look great.  

Without a franchise QB we are screwed. I have accepted it. Matt is just too old, he still has game but isn't a top 10 QB anymore. To have any chance to win in this league, you need a top 10 QB as far as winning the AFC or SB. Luck set us back 5 years easily. 

Whats next? Probably 2 or 3 more wins. Leaving us middle of the pack in the draft with a GM who refuses to spend draft capitol to move up. So the QB carousel likely is to continue. Maybe Joe Flacco next? Brees comes out of retirement? Brady for 1 year. Who knows. This streak of mediocrity wont end till Ballard is fired.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to say, I am not impressed with Ballard at this point - this has gone bad. I want to see a complete overhaul. We need to draft a QB, I like the Duggan kid, maybe try and get Peyton involved in our organization somehow, and I would love to see Jim Harbaugh coach us. I would keep Jeff as well, not sure what capacity, Reggie at WR coach is solid.

it just sucks because he built a top 5 defense this year so its not all bad .   dayo starting looking solid the last two games he is getting some nice pressures and will improve .  paye without injury was on pace for ten sacks .    its just the lack of trading down for a QB in 2020 and 2021 draft that will get him fired .    also the left tackle situation and his players he paid regressing is gonna get him fired .

27 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Whats next? Probably 2 or 3 more wins. Leaving us middle of the pack in the draft with a GM who refuses to spend draft capitol to move up. So the QB carousel likely is to continue. Maybe Joe Flacco next? Brees comes out of retirement? Brady for 1 year. Who knows. This streak of mediocrity wont end till Ballard is fired.

ill bet money the raiders get stroud  and trade carr to us .  that is such a ballard move

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

it just sucks because he built a top 5 defense this year so its not all bad .   dayo starting looking solid the last two games he is getting some nice pressures and will improve .  paye without injury was on pace for ten sacks .    its just the lack of trading down for a QB in 2020 and 2021 draft that will get him fired .    also the left tackle situation and his players he paid regressing is gonna get him fired .

Top 5 defense without Leonard.  Not too shabby.  

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Without a top 10 QB, teams are screwed unless you have the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs defense. Even in 2015 as great as Denver's D was, they still had Peyton who was clutch and didn't screw it up.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Without a top 10 QB, teams are screwed unless you have the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs defense. Even in 2015 as great as Denver's D was, they still had Peyton who was clutch and didn't screw it up.

2019 season doomed ballard if the colts lose a couple more games they are getting tua or herbert . 

Just now, coming on strong said:

2019 season doomed ballard if the colts lose a couple more games they are getting tua or herbert . 

I tend to believe it was actually the 21 draft and rivers not coming back a second year is where the turning point actually was. Had Rivers  not retired we never go after Wentz and with fields falling he would of been a colt.  Sat behind rivers a year.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Confirmed today Hooker tore his ACL in the game yesterday. For a guy who will already be 25 before the draft having a redshirt season is not good.

yea he is gonna fall out of the first  .  if he is 25 now he will be 26 his rookie year and might have to sit out his first year .   would be starting his first game at 27

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Without a franchise QB we are screwed. I have accepted it. Matt is just too old, he still has game but isn't a top 10 QB anymore. To have any chance to win in this league, you need a top 10 QB as far as winning the AFC or SB. Luck set us back 5 years easily. 

Totally disagree.  This QB class is way overrated.  I am glad we don't have a top pick because I think who ever uses a top 3 pick on a QB is getting fools gold.  This years draft class has the best OT class in a long long time.  

We need to lose more to get a LT.  If we win 7-8 games we will get stuck with a RT or have to trade up to get a LT.  

I think because the D is solid and Taylor will run we are going to screw the pooch.  But since I do not like the QB class I am OK with that.  

No QB in this draft is a difference maker.  

3 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Totally disagree.  This QB class is way overrated.  I am glad we don't have a top pick because I think who ever uses a top 3 pick on a QB is getting fools gold.  This years draft class has the best OT class in a long long time.  

We need to lose more to get a LT.  If we win 7-8 games we will get stuck with a RT or have to trade up to get a LT.  

I think because the D is solid and Taylor will run we are going to screw the pooch.  But since I do not like the QB class I am OK with that.  

No QB in this draft is a difference maker.  

We have no quarterback. Matt Ryan can’t throw it last 2” yards. He had horrible footwork. He panics in the pocket. Doesn’t know how to maneuver the pocket. We need a different QB. We have to stop putting off a QB.

I say we win 3 maybe 4 more games if we are lucky….or unlucky depending on how you look at it. I’m guessing we will have yet another year of Matt Ryan and they will try to improve the oline through the draft and free agency.  I would prefer we lose most of the remaining games and grab a QB in the draft but I don’t think Saturday is going to let that happen.

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have no quarterback. Matt Ryan can’t throw it last 2” yards. He had horrible footwork. He panics in the pocket. Doesn’t know how to maneuver the pocket. We need a different QB. We have to stop putting off a QB.

He has no faith in the Oline. Do u blame him? I have seen the greats such as Manning and Brady crumble when getting the crap knocked out of him.

43 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hate to tell u this but the dark days r here.

Ah yes, but imagine. We don't resign Parris...then Pittman walks. We still need to find a coach. Our best DB is 32 years old.. :gloomy: Who do we get to play QB if Matt Ryan pulls a Rivers.. Sam, or we gonna find another aging QB to fill in? lol :gloomy:

Maybe I have too much of a raincloud. Somebody snap me out of this lol

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Ah yes, but imagine. We don't resign Parris...then Pittman walks. We still need to find a coach. Our best DB is 32 years old.. :gloomy: Who do we get to play QB if Matt Ryan pulls a Rivers.. Sam, or we gonna find another aging QB to fill in? lol :gloomy:

Thr D actually looks solid but I think the Eagles record is severely bloated and Hurts has slowed down a lot as the season has progressed. The Oline is a mess and I think they need to refocus there. It is not simply a fact of getting a player here and there. LT, RG and center need some serious talent injection or the young guys there need to development. LG and RT also neeed to play better. However I think without a doubt it shows the importance of a LT and the lack of commitment needed to sign a LG for 20 mill a year. Also interesting that this D has played the best it ever has and our 20 mill LB has been absent . However Ballard said it is the 2nd most valuable position next to the 3tech. I called him out on that and got burned but I was right.

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Honestly, I would make more of an attempt to sign Campbell.  I see nothing special in Pittman. I said it at the beginning of the season. Remember I said that at the end of this season we may view Pittman as our 3rd best receiver? I won't stray from  that statement.  Hell, Gramson is even opening my eyes.

Archived