Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4-6-1 what’s next?

runthepost

Win the division? Looking really slim right now, Tenn wins the division with 3 wins, Colts on the other hand need to win out (not likely).

Playoffs as a wildcard? Need to win probably 5 or win out again, looking really slim with the upcoming schedule. 

Ride the season out with Ryan in command and hope we can win games scoring 16-19 points or just let Sam have a shot and probably not win again?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treat it like the preseason but with your starters and key backups.  Use it to evaluate and see who stays and who goes.  Not sure a rebuild is warranted but if the GM goes it may be unavoidable. Have contract decisions on MPJ, Taylor and Okereke plus a few other players I’m not thinking of. This will be nothing but evaluation from here on out. 

We'll end up,at worst, 7-9-1 and at best, 9-7-1. That's the kind of the roster we have. I doubt Jeff let's these guys surrender. And the defense will win us a few games vs most offenses in the league if our offense just plays even average.

So, hopefully we get to see the young guys with an actual future on the team improve. Not Sam since the team will take Matt getting benched again as tanking. 

Make Pierce a bigger focus in the offense, even if he's * up at times. Keep Raimann and Fries in for the rest of the year. Continue featuring Granson. Get Nick Cross more time and have Dayo play full time snaps on the DL even after Kwity is back.

It's also on Saturday to prove he can actually improve our OL through the end of the season. If he wants a chance at the full time job, he needs to have these guys playing well. If he can't, then what's the point in keeping him over a talented OC who can create a system around whomever our new QB will be.

Probably 6-10-1. Maybe 7-9-1. 

However, I think the Colts will be competitive in every game. 

I think we beat the Steelers and the Texans. 

We might sneak out a win or two against the Cowboys, Vikings, Chargers, or Giants.

The Giants is the most winnable game. 

If we overachieve then we might also beat the Vikings. That would make us 8-8-1. 

Obviously, best case is to win out. That would make us 10-6-1. Possibly making the playoffs. But we have no more room for error. 

Roster Evaluation time. 

Who's gonna quit?

Who's gonna show less effort?

Let's see who really wants to be a colt. This will be one of the first stretches in a while where we are basically out of contention. Will be interesting to see how the team reacts. 

(i know we aren't removed yet, but one more loss pretty much removes us)

14 minutes ago, colts89 said:

We'll end up,at worst, 7-9-1 and at best, 9-7-1. That's the kind of the roster we have. I doubt Jeff let's these guys surrender. And the defense will win us a few games vs most offenses in the league if our offense just plays even average.

So, hopefully we get to see the young guys with an actual future on the team improve. Not Sam since the team will take Matt getting benched again as tanking. 

Make Pierce a bigger focus in the offense, even if he's * up at times. Keep Raimann and Fries in for the rest of the year. Continue featuring Granson. Get Nick Cross more time and have Dayo play full time snaps on the DL even after Kwity is back.

It's also on Saturday to prove he can actually improve our OL through the end of the season. If he wants a chance at the full time job, he needs to have these guys playing well. If he can't, then what's the point in keeping him over a talented OC who can create a system around whomever our new QB will be.

saturday can only improve poor talent just so far

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What's next????

Hopefully go winless the rest of the way and hit.on a QB in the draft.

But knowing the colts, we'll probably win enough games to put us in a more difficult position to secure a QB we want.....whoever that may be.....or we'll go Guard in the first.  haha

Max Duggan is the man, he will probably be there when we pick.

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

the season was shot when ballard did not get an above average lt and let glow and reed get away

I have to say, I am not impressed with Ballard at this point - this has gone bad. I want to see a complete overhaul. We need to draft a QB, I like the Duggan kid, maybe try and get Peyton involved in our organization somehow, and I would love to see Jim Harbaugh coach us. I would keep Jeff as well, not sure what capacity, Reggie at WR coach is solid.

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I agree that that's probably the case. But that's the reason Saturday was brought on. If he can't actually do that, I really hope Irsay doesn't decide to keep him.

I don't think Saturday will stay either. I think he's happy just closing out this season. I see dark days ahead for us lol. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just here for our pick segments and will gamble on a few games. Our season is shot. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just here for our pick segments and will gamble on a few games. Our season is shot. 

I did very well.today.....almost blew it by taking the colts in money line but wound up taking colts and points, I felt it was a lock.....another lock was pats over jets but the under even more so. Had both and parlay with colts. 

When it comes to betting, I know you know your onions too..

35 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Treat it like the preseason but with your starters and key backups.  Use it to evaluate and see who stays and who goes.  Not sure a rebuild is warranted but if the GM goes it may be unavoidable. Have contract decisions on MPJ, Taylor and Okereke plus a few other players I’m not thinking of. This will be nothing but evaluation from here on out. 

This ^^^ except the same guy that holds the “who stays / who goes” role is the same guy who hired Pryor at LT. :Cry:

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I did very well.today.....almost blew it by taking the colts in money line but wound up taking colts and points, I felt it was a lock.....another lock was pats over jets but the under even more so. Had both and parlay with colts. 

Lost out on $1200 because the Vikings are getting spanked :hissy:

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Only game I bet on this week was GB and Tennessee, I took GB and bet $100. I lost $100. 

20 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What's next????

Hopefully go winless the rest of the way and hit.on a QB in the draft.

But knowing the colts, we'll probably win enough games to put us in a more difficult position to secure a QB we want.....whoever that may be.....or we'll go Guard in the first.  haha

I don't like any of the QBs in next years draft. We need to really stink next year for 2024.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ouch! I lost $100 because Aaron lost a fat egg. I usually bet parlays or at least more than 1 game. I figured I would be a smart guy and take GB with Aaron knowing their season is on the line. So much for that homer simpson oops GIF

Went 9-1 on the parlays today then the Vikings get spanked 

Just now, runthepost said:

Lost out on $1200 because the Vikings are getting spanked :hissy:

Awh.....that's too bad.

I posted just a couple days.ago to some that said they liked the Vikings to make it to the SB that they haven't been there since 1977 and will.fail in the playoffs. But of.course that didn't mean they couldn't beat the Cowboys today. But I do have the Cowboys in small parlays today. 

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Awh.....that's too bad.

I posted just a couple days.ago to some that said they liked the Vikings to make it to the SB that they haven't been there since 1977 and will.fail in the playoffs. But of.course that didn't mean they couldn't beat the Cowboys today. But I do have the Cowboys in small parlays today. 

I remember that post haha . I actually have the 49ers making the SB so I wasn't one of those. I did say they need HFA to have a chance and I remember your reply :thmup:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sort of, not going to lie but I really thought GB would win. As far as us beating Philly I had my doubts more. I try not to bet with my heart, that is where you get into trouble. 

Seems like if someone just followed the analysts that do weekly game picks you’d make more money than you lose. Some of those analysts have like a 70% win record on their choices 

20 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I don't like any of the QBs in next years draft. We need to really stink next year for 2024.

We won't be a SB contender until we get a QB that is duel and can be durable. QB's like Hurts prove that today. Dude had 3rd and long and just runs up the middle for an 8 yard TD like it was peanuts. He also completed huge 3rd down plays by passing. 

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Seems like if someone just followed the analysts that do weekly game picks you’d make more money than you lose. Some of those analysts have like a 70% win record on their choices 

It is the point spread factor though. I usually get 70% of my games right when picking but that is without the point spread being factored in.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sort of, not going to lie but I really thought GB would win. As far as us beating Philly I had my doubts more. I try not to bet with my heart, that is where you get into trouble. 

I really thought we'd win today because of the criticism from the media on irsay. The eagles did their part but colts offense just too sorry. A team can only go so.far looking bad(eagles).

I was lucky I decided to take the points instead of the money line. 

I didn't really have a opinion on the packer game, toss up to me.

Archived