Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Raiders Postgame Thoughts (merge)

EastStreet

21 minutes ago, Myles said:

not a fan of the screen pass, but all in all the play calling was much better than it has been under Reich.  

How so?  Just looking at the first half scoring drives by IND, the play calls are the same as what they have always been.  If you like JT up the middle on first down, you got even more of it than before.  The big chunk play was a short pass to Granson on an obvious passing down that got YAC.

1st & 10 at IND 30

(9:51 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to IND 33 for 3 yards (A.Billings).

2nd & 7 at IND 33

(9:12 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short left to M.Pittman to IND 42 for 9 yards (J.Brown; S.Webb).

1st & 10 at IND 42

(8:34 - 1st) J.Taylor left guard to IND 47 for 5 yards (T.Moehrig).

2nd & 5 at IND 47

(7:57 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor up the middle to 50 for 3 yards (M.Crosby; L.Masterson).

3rd & 2 at 50

(7:19 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short right to M.Pittman ran ob at LV 44 for 6 yards (S.Webb).

1st & 10 at LV 44

(6:46 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to LV 43 for 1 yard (K.Peko; M.Crosby).

2nd & 9 at LV 43

(6:05 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short right to K.Granson pushed ob at LV 11 for 32 yards (T.Moehrig).

1st & 10 at LV 11

(5:30 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to LV 4 for 7 yards (D.Harmon; S.Jones).

2nd & 3 at LV 4

(4:57 - 1st) J.Taylor left tackle to LV 5 for -1 yards (L.Masterson).

3rd & 4 at LV 5

(4:15 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short right to J.Taylor to LV 1 for 4 yards (J.Brown, M.Crosby).

1st & Goal at LV 1

(3:35 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on LV, Defensive Too Many Men on Field, 0 yards, enforced at LV 1 - No Play.

(3:21 - 1st) Timeout #1 by LV at 03:21.

1st & Goal at LV 1

(3:17 - 1st) Matt Ryan 1 Yd Rush C.McLaughlin extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Rhodes, Holder-M.Haack.

And the short FG drive.

1st & 10 at IND 46

(15:00 - 2nd) (Shotgun) Z.Moss up the middle to 50 for 4 yards (C.Jones; A.Robertson).

2nd & 6 at 50

(14:24 - 2nd) J.Taylor left tackle to LV 37 for 13 yards (A.Billings).

1st & 10 at LV 37

(13:58 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short left to M.Pittman to LV 30 for 7 yards (J.Brown).

2nd & 3 at LV 30

(13:24 - 2nd) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor left guard to LV 30 for no gain (M.Crosby).

3rd & 3 at LV 30

(12:48 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass incomplete short left to M.Pittman (S.Webb). LV-L.Masterson was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

4th & 3 at LV 30

(12:38 - 2nd) C.McLaughlin 48 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Rhodes, Holder-M.Haack.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Myles said:

Granted it was only the Raiders, but the offense looked much better and the play calling was advantageous to the players we have.  I'll be interested to see how it continues to evolve.  

The Colts did climb from 14 to 16 in the next Draft order, so that is a bummer.  I can see the team winning 3 more games and ending with a 7-9-1 record which will probably net a pick around 10-12.  

Raimann and Fries were solid, kinda, and we ran the ball about 50/50 with decent success. They couldn't just T off with their pass rush. 
 Philly has great corners and a much better D-line so we will likely get roughed up once again. I would expect Ryan to be less successful aganst them with his dink and dunk. His preferred route tree is very limited because he has very modest arm strength. He is cautious because he knows it IMO.
 1-2 more victories is what i expect. I think Ryan will put up under 21 most games the rest of the season.
 We have some really talented players that won't quit, and i will be rooting for them every step of the way.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Superman already addressed this in another topic, but I think it’s reversed. This fanbase needs to get off the high horse and stop shooting the messenger every time you don’t agree with the message.

You’re overreacting to one game over a team that is probably way worse than the Colts. And you can’t blame the media when the people giving commentary are former players, coaches, scouts, and GMs. You’ve said you’ve been around football a long time, but there are people who have actually played or coached at the NFL level giving their feedback.

I still don’t think hiring Saturday the way they did was the right thing for an organizational standpoint. Even if it works out. The end does not justify the means. Everyone had nothing but nice things to say about Saturday and wanted to see him succeed, but the process and principle we’re still wrong.

Part of being a fan is excepting the hood with the bad. Right now this team is still a mess. And there are times it has been in the past. Every time the media picks up on stories about it does not mean it’s a personal attack on the Colts. The Colts are a small market team. Nobody cares about them until they do something news worthy.

Superman's opinion is not fact. That would be ridiculous. I have never known him to think that way about himself. He and I have had some deep conversations over the years, and when someone makes a good point, he and I have shown the ability to change our mind. Unfortunately, it may be challenging to hear your opinion on this matter, because it appears you have chosen to give up your own opinion and replace it with someone else's. I think highly of Superman too, but he is not going to make my opinions for me. I believe he and I both respect that about each other. And although we tend to agree often; we do not always agree. 

You mention "the message", as though your definition of "the message" is the only definition. It is not. It is your definition, and we all must accept that some may agree with our definition while others will not, because we are talking about an opinion. Your definition of an opinion will differ from other's definition of their opinion. 

You say that I am overreacting, which is way off base. I have done the exact opposite of overreacting. I'm sure your words were aimed to be off-putting, but they failed to hit any relevant point.  

You stated that you don't think hiring Jeff Saturday was a good decision and follow up that nothing will change your mind. No result or series of results will change your mind. That is very closed-minded. I on the other hand, have had a very open mind about the entire situation, and will accept the results either way. 

Like others on this board, I am a first-generation Indianapolis Colts fan, and have witnessed the Colts fanbase mature. Others and I have matured with it. The media does not care about any fan of any team. The media is in business to make money, and they can only do so when people click on their stories and buy into the narrative they produce. NFL teams do not need the audience of the media. It is not required. NFL teams only need the audience of the fans. However, to survive, the media requires the audience of the fans. 

I think we should address why you believe that hiring Jeff Saturday was wrong, and why you are unwilling to change your mind, no matter what the results are. I would like to understand your thoughts on that more. Maybe we can find some common ground or maybe we won't. At least that route gives us the possibility to have an understanding of each other’s point of view. I would like to hear your point of view. If Superman and I talk about this then I will get his point of view, from him. 

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True dat. Just goes to show you they feast on famine and failures. Stay away from opinion piece networks for a week and you will see how better your mood feels, it is real. :) 

I always take what the media says with a grain of salt. I laughed about it the entire time. I just enjoy pointing out their unwillingness to accept mistakes. It really should tell everyone what they are about. 

13 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Raimann and Fries were solid, kinda, and we ran the ball about 50/50 with decent success. They couldn't just T off with their pass rush. 
 Philly has great corners and a much better D-line so we will likely get roughed up once again. I would expect Ryan to be less successful aganst them with his dink and dunk. His preferred route tree is very limited because he has very modest arm strength. He is cautious because he knows it IMO.
 1-2 more victories is what i expect. I think Ryan will put up under 21 most games the rest of the season.
 We have some really talented players that won't quit, and i will be rooting for them every step of the way.

I expect 2 more Ws (Pitt and Hou), and maybe a 3rd. Maybe the LAC, or an a upset. 

On the Raimann and Fries. Wasn't impressed to be honest, but tempo helped all the OL a lot. And I'll re-watch, but thought we played more power when running, which would have helped all the OL too. What is funny though, during the game, several people were complaining about Pryor... Pryor didn't play lol... Yet still someone went hot-take that the sack was on Pryor lol... Regardless, that sack was all on Ryan. Not the OL played good on the snap, but Ryan needs to throw the ball away, or hit the flat. 

Philly IMO is a very good team. But they are a bit a paper tiger. Super weak SoS. 

I basically posted this after we hired Jeff. Not my exact words but in this context:

I said, I have no problem with the Jeff hiring.

Most people were saying the move to hire Jeff was disrespectful and we were a clown show. I said they don't know what they are talking about. Most of the media, ex players and ex coaches were calling Irsay a joke and saying we were a clown show. That aged well lmao 

I said, It was time to fire Frank because he clearly has lost the team after the Patriots loss. We looked lifeless and putrid in that game. By the way I liked Frank and defended him on many occasions, but it was time for him to go.

There is no Rooney rule (mid-season hiring) which some wasn't aware of, so I said we did not violate that. Facts.

I said this is a win/win situation for us because of Jeff fails and we go lets say 2-6 or even worse we probably end up with a top 5 pick. If we make a run and go like 6-2 and make the playoffs it would be one of the best stories of the year.

I said, Matt Ryan gave us the best chance to win, look at what happened.

I may not know how to make sausages but I do know football and know how to make Waffleshomer simpson episode 3 GIF

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I basically posted this after we hired Jeff. Not my exact words but in this context:

Most people were saying the move to hire Jeff was disrespectful and we were a clown show. I said they don't know what they are talking about. Most of the media, ex players and ex coaches were calling Irsay a joke and saying we were a clown show. That aged well lmao 

I said, It was time to fire Frank because he clearly has lost the team after the Patriots loss. We looked lifeless and putrid in that game. By the way I liked Frank and defended him on many occasions, but it was time for him to go.

There is no Rooney rule which some wasn't aware of, so I said we did not violate that. Facts.

I said this is a win/win situation for us because of Jeff fails and we go lets say 2-6 or even worse we probably end up with a top 5 pick. If we make a run and go like 6-2 and make the playoffs it would be one of the best stories of the year.

I said, Matt Ryan gave us the best chance to win, look at what happened.

I may not know how to make sausages but I do know football and know how to make Waffleshomer simpson episode 3 GIF

Yeah. I think that is exactly what you said. Over the past week, we have both agreed on most of the points you have highlighted above. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think what he is saying is very much like Rivers. Rivers couldn't thread the needle before a safety closed in while leading his WR, it was more like a sailed arched throw, Matt Ryan is no different. That was one of the reasons I wanted us to go after Stafford after Rivers.

Ryan doesn't throw flat fast balls that thread the needle against good safeties, he is good enough to look off the safety, and lead the WRs while they are 1-on-1 like he led Pierce for that TD at the end of the Jags game (like Rivers led Pascal for a TD vs Steelers etc.). That is definitely his limitation at this point in his career, no matter how much time you give him. He will find a guy within a zone, 20 yards down the field, no problem. But against tight coverage every where, he needs guys getting open (or schemed open) and we can't expect him to run for key first downs too many times.

To think otherwise would be dangerous and will end up hurting the Colts. We have to play around his limitations. 

Great example of this is the play where he tried to hit Pittman and it sailed and could have been a pick by the safety

For them to have any chance moving forward the defense has to force some turnovers.  Stop turning it over and force one or two.  The Colts have won the turnover battle, what, twice this year?  That's the number one reason they are sub .500.

3 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. We played with fire which is good to see but still things need to be tightened up. The line had some issues down the stretch and the defense needs to figure out life without Leonard.

But good to see Jeff get a win and McDaniels melt down. That was nice.

:banana:

Watching McDanials Lose & Carr Cry Over A Game  To A Untested Rookie HC  Led COLTS Team Was Special .

Saturday Was Hired IMO To Finish The Season Irsay Made A Good Move His Investment His Team . 

One thing I just read is that JT played like 60 snaps yesterday. In order to win in this league you need playmakers and you need to play them.  I don't think it's coincidental he had the game he had.  In the past we were trying to get production for Hines.  That didn't work and he's no longer a Colt.  JT is our bell cow and our best offensive player.  He needs to be out there. Yesterday he finally was and it paid off.   That move can really pay dividends for the Colts.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him get going down the final stretch.  Go Colts!

19 minutes ago, #12. said:

For them to have any chance moving forward the defense has to force some turnovers.  Stop turning it over and force one or two.  The Colts have won the turnover battle, what, twice this year?  That's the number one reason they are sub .500.

It seems like without Leonard we can't create any turnovers. We are playing pretty good defense but the turnovers aren't there.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I expect 2 more Ws (Pitt and Hou), and maybe a 3rd. Maybe the LAC, or an a upset. 

On the Raimann and Fries. Wasn't impressed to be honest, but tempo helped all the OL a lot. And I'll re-watch, but thought we played more power when running, which would have helped all the OL too. What is funny though, during the game, several people were complaining about Pryor... Pryor didn't play lol... Yet still someone went hot-take that the sack was on Pryor lol... Regardless, that sack was all on Ryan. Not the OL played good on the snap, but Ryan needs to throw the ball away, or hit the flat. 

Philly IMO is a very good team. But they are a bit a paper tiger. Super weak SoS. 

Pryor not playing is a great thing for this club. 

15 hours ago, Indeee said:

We could be if we lose out. If this team starts winning it will cripple us yet again. The worst thing that could happen is if this team finishes with a draft pick 12-18. That does us zero good

I was just looking at a list of all the QB's drafted in the 1st round since 2000. I am amazed at how many misses there were within the top 15, (I counted approximately 20). Reminder that players like Mahomes were found at #10, Rothlisberger at #11, Watson at #12, Rodgers at #24, and L. Jackson at #32 respectively. Sometimes the QB just has to fit your team/scheme. The Colts probably need to find a QB they love realistically within the first 3-rounds.

Second Rounders since 2020 include: D. Carr #36; G. Smith #39; A. Dalton #35; Drew Brees #32.

Third-Rounders: N. Foles; R. Wilson; J. Brissett, D. Mills.

Fourth-Rounders; K. Cousins, D. Prescott (While teams mortgaged their futures to move-up to pick Goff and Wentz)

Fifth-Rounders: No notable selections

Sixth-Rounders: T. Brady #199; T. Taylor #180.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/ranking-every-nfl-quarterback-drafted-first-round-since-2000/16obdsowna7kk1gnhl9iqrp2pg

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't want to see him playing G ever again. I'm open to LT again. 

Did you notice our 1st TD on the goal line?

Tempo, and power on the QB run for the score.

No silly zone shotgun handoff. Just quickly line up, and fire the OL. 

16 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Not gonna read to far into this, we beat a team with a worse record. Now if they can win against a team with a better record that will be a start, not trying to be pessimistic but cautious. We had Bradley who knows the offensive players, there defense is worse in the league and multiple Star players on IR, heck they prepared for Sam E. But Ryan played, there’s tape out on the new playcaller so teams will look at his tendencies going forward. 

So, how did we beat the Chiefs?

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

How so?  Just looking at the first half scoring drives by IND, the play calls are the same as what they have always been.  If you like JT up the middle on first down, you got even more of it than before.  The big chunk play was a short pass to Granson on an obvious passing down that got YAC.

1st & 10 at IND 30

(9:51 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to IND 33 for 3 yards (A.Billings).

2nd & 7 at IND 33

(9:12 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short left to M.Pittman to IND 42 for 9 yards (J.Brown; S.Webb).

1st & 10 at IND 42

2nd & 5 at IND 47

(7:57 - 1st) (Shotgun) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor up the middle to 50 for 3 yards (M.Crosby; L.Masterson).

3rd & 2 at 50

(7:19 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short right to M.Pittman ran ob at LV 44 for 6 yards (S.Webb).

1st & 10 at LV 44

(6:46 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to LV 43 for 1 yard (K.Peko; M.Crosby).

2nd & 9 at LV 43

(6:05 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short right to K.Granson pushed ob at LV 11 for 32 yards (T.Moehrig).

1st & 10 at LV 11

(5:30 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Taylor up the middle to LV 4 for 7 yards (D.Harmon; S.Jones).

2nd & 3 at LV 4

3rd & 4 at LV 5

(4:15 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short right to J.Taylor to LV 1 for 4 yards (J.Brown, M.Crosby).

1st & Goal at LV 1

(3:35 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on LV, Defensive Too Many Men on Field, 0 yards, enforced at LV 1 - No Play.

1st & Goal at LV 1

(3:17 - 1st) Matt Ryan 1 Yd Rush C.McLaughlin extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Rhodes, Holder-M.Haack.

And the short FG drive.

1st & 10 at IND 46

(15:00 - 2nd) (Shotgun) Z.Moss up the middle to 50 for 4 yards (C.Jones; A.Robertson).

2nd & 6 at 50

1st & 10 at LV 37

(13:58 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short left to M.Pittman to LV 30 for 7 yards (J.Brown).

2nd & 3 at LV 30

(13:24 - 2nd) D.Pinter reported in as eligible. J.Taylor left guard to LV 30 for no gain (M.Crosby).

3rd & 3 at LV 30

(12:48 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Ryan pass incomplete short left to M.Pittman (S.Webb). LV-L.Masterson was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

4th & 3 at LV 30

(12:38 - 2nd) C.McLaughlin 48 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Rhodes, Holder-M.Haack.

There you go!

3 minutes ago, Mighty Blue said:

So, how did we beat the Chiefs?

Many in here called it luck. I thought we played great D in that game and Matt Ryan came through at the end. Another pet peeve I have is, when some say we are lucky to win when we win but when we lose on a fluke like against Washington, the same people credit Washington and say we suck. 

We beat KC so anything is possible if we play mistake free and play great D.

23 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Some of the players on this roster underperforming, and them being Ballard's choices, is what gives me pause if Ballard will swallow his pride and evaluate things objectively as the season goes on. I know Saturday is the kind of guy who will give it to him straight. The question is, if Ballard will continue his stubborn ways. Banogu kept playing, Matt Pryor kept playing etc. and lot of these guys would have been benched on most teams by now. It will all come to a climax at the end of the season.

1 game at a time. Let us stack a few wins before the end of the season and then talk.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I always take what the media says with a grain of salt. I laughed about it the entire time. I just enjoy pointing out their unwillingness to accept mistakes. It really should tell everyone what they are about. 

I agree. My wife tells me to watch my language after some of the bozos give their opinions. 
She also, reminds me to watch my salt intake:number1:

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many in here called it luck. I thought we played great D in that game and Matt Ryan came through at the end. Another pet peeve I have is, when some say we are lucky to win when we win but when we lose on a fluke like against Washington, the same people credit Washington and say we suck. 

:thmup:

11 hours ago, colts89 said:

I 100% agree. The Colts future QB needs to be addressed, and every asset should be on the table in order to make that move(aka Ballard needs to take his shot despite how conservative he is). But, if some fans get what they wanted and the team purposefully tanks then that will affect the morale of the franchise forever more. If there's a chance to play good football, you play good football. Only actual losers would disagree.

The thing that worries me about Ballard is that he loves his draft picks so much. I am afraid if someone like a D. Carr is available if the Raiders keep playing poorly, that he will make the case to Irsay to go after a veteran QB again. This is assuming they don't stick with Ryan who will still be under contract next year.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let us admit this though. KC kicker missing an XP, FG and Skyy Moore fumbling a punt return to gift us a TD opportunity by the goal line, and Chris Jones committing the unsportsman like penalty were all self-inflicted wounds that the Colts had no part of causing. We took advantage of their mistakes but we rarely forced any.

If ANY team makes that many mistakes, they rarely win. We have a pick six by Ryan and a fumble by Pittman, we lost vs Titans on the road. We have a fumble by Ryan and a fumble by Taylor, we lost vs Titans at home. However, Titans forced all of those with contact and pressure. The mistakes KC made, we didn't truly force any of them. I truly didn't think KC took us seriously and they paid for it, whether they were willing to admit it or not.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Let us admit this though. KC kicker missing an XP, FG and Skyy Moore fumbling a punt return to gift us a TD opportunity by the goal line, and Chris Jones committing the unsportsman like penalty were all self-inflicted wounds that the Colts had no part of causing. We took advantage of their mistakes but we rarely forced any.

If ANY team makes that many mistakes, they rarely win. We have a pick six by Ryan and a fumble by Pittman, we lost vs Titans on the road. We have a fumble by Ryan and a fumble by Taylor, we lost vs Titans at home. However, Titans forced all of those with contact and pressure. The mistakes KC made, we didn't truly force any of them. I truly didn't think KC took us seriously and they paid for it, whether they were willing to admit it or not.

Mahomes had a chance at the end to tie it or beat us and we got the INT. We actually played great D that day. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mahomes had a chance at the end to tie it or beat us and we got the INT. We actually played great D that day. 

Yes, we were good enough to make plays on D, no doubt. We just weren't firing on offense for a whole lot of the 7 games. So, given those circumstances, we definitely did good to take advantage of every mistake made. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I also had no issues with the Saturday hiring.  I still think it was a good choice.  The team looked noticeably better on the field.  

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Next week if we beat the Eagles, the Jets beat the Pats, the Steelers beat the Bengals and the Chiefs beat the Chargers. We are actually in the 7th playoff spot lol!

Beating the Eagles will be really tough. We need to play our best game of the year to do that. Having said that, see - things are far from over like many were saying last week. I love the fact we have Matt Ryan is back and Taylor looks 100% healthy. We also look good on defense.

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Next week if we beat the Eagles, the Jets beat the Pats, the Steelers beat the Bengals and the Chiefs beat the Chargers. We are actually in the 7th playoff spot lol!

Before GIF

...She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her!

She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;
I don’t know why she swallowed a fly – Perhaps she’ll die!...

That is what your post reminded me of, that old lady who swallowed a fly nursery rhyme :) 

57 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

One thing I just read is that JT played like 60 snaps yesterday. In order to win in this league you need playmakers and you need to play them.  I don't think it's coincidental he had the game he had.  In the past we were trying to get production for Hines.  That didn't work and he's no longer a Colt.

Yep.  No more having to try to justify that contract.  JT can catch swing passes and run wheel routes just as well as Hines.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

This game made it obvious that Reich was a big part of the problem.   In less than a week, Jeff and Parks had this team looking totally different in a good way.  The players seemed to like and respect Jeff in a way we didn't see under Reich.  

Agree in part but remember the Raider's two wins were against Denver and Houston.  I was never sold on Reich but the people in the business have nothing but praise for him as a person and a coach so what do I know? Let's hold off until the game with Philly is over.

Just now, King Colt said:

Agree in part but remember the Raider's two wins were against Denver and Houston.  I was never sold on Reich but the people in the business have nothing but praise for him as a person and a coach so what do I know? Let's hold off until the game with Philly is over.

I also like Reich as a person.   I think he would have done much better if he gave the play calling duties up.  He could still dictate as most head coaches do, but not be so involved that he cannot do the things a head coach needs to do.  

So clearly Saturday and the Colts have no intentions to tank so I wonder where that takes us in regards to next season and the qb situation? Say we somehow make the playoffs or even get close. Do we go with Ryan again next season and just continue to improve other positions like say the oline? Or do you think we’ll end up only winning 2 or 3 games if we are lucky and still be in the mix for one of the top sought after qbs coming out? So many ? Marks!

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

So clearly Saturday and the Colts have no intentions to tank so I wonder where that takes us in regards to next season and the qb situation? Say we somehow make the playoffs or even get close. Do we go with Ryan again next season and just continue to improve other positions like say the oline? Or do you think we’ll end up only winning 2 or 3 games if we are lucky and still be in the mix for one of the top sought after qbs coming out? So many ? Marks!

Even if they draft a QB, chances are good they ride Matt through the end of his contract.  

And you're right, completely remove tanking from your thought process.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

Even if they draft a QB, chances are good they ride Matt through the end of his contract.  

And you're right, completely remove tanking from your thought process.

To early for me (to be adamant about Ryan's future).

If Ryan turns back into a turnover machine, anything could happen. 

But in my gut, I like Ryan's chances. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I don't want to see him playing G ever again. I'm open to LT again. 

Did you notice our 1st TD on the goal line?

Tempo, and power on the QB run for the score.

No silly zone shotgun handoff. Just quickly line up, and fire the OL. 

sneaky weeky.  Always has been and always will be the way to go from inside the 2.  

Big advocate of the under Center sneaky poo

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Some of the players on this roster underperforming, and them being Ballard's choices, is what gives me pause if Ballard will swallow his pride and evaluate things objectively as the season goes on. I know Saturday is the kind of guy who will give it to him straight. The question is, if Ballard will continue his stubborn ways. Banogu kept playing, Matt Pryor kept playing etc. and lot of these guys would have been benched on most teams by now. It will all come to a climax at the end of the season.

1 game at a time. Let us stack a few wins before the end of the season and then talk.

yeah the Raiders are really bad and this week they were even worse than usual with all their personnel issues at pass catcher and LB.  I have no judgement on yesterday's perfromance.

Liked the sneak though. 

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

1st & 10 at IND 30

2nd & 7 at IND 33

1st & 10 at IND 42

2nd & 5 at IND 47

3rd & 2 at 50

1st & 10 at LV 44

2nd & 9 at LV 43

1st & 10 at LV 11

2nd & 3 at LV 4

3rd & 4 at LV 5

1st & Goal at LV 1

1st & Goal at LV 1

And the short FG drive.

1st & 10 at IND 46

2nd & 6 at 50

1st & 10 at LV 37

2nd & 3 at LV 30

3rd & 3 at LV 30

4th & 3 at LV 30

The difference is that Taylor was getting yards and putting us in pretty good 3rd down situations. Why would he he not keep running the ball when he was getting positive results ? The play calling in past games showed a propensity to keep running the ball up the gut when it was not getting yards. That NE game would have been the "last straw" for me also. 

Archived