Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When Will They Announce Gus as the New Head Coach?

Smonroe

They won't.  If they fire Reich mid-season (which I doubt), they'll announce John Fox as the interim head coach.  Gus is doing too good a job at DC right now.  He needs to stay there.  After the season, they'll clean house, and it will be up to the new GM to either retain Gus or not.  But Gus needs the chance to demonstrate that he should.

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

They won't.  If they fire Reich mid-season (which I doubt), they'll announce John Fox as the interim head coach.  Gus is doing too good a job at DC right now.  He needs to stay there.  After the season, they'll clean house, and it will be up to the new GM to either retain Gus or not.  But Gus needs the chance to demonstrate that he should.

Do u want another coach coming in and gutting out a couple of victories and taking us out of the top 5? Irsay did 2 things  with Sam's insertion. Seeing if he was the future and if he was not, it would garner Jim a top pick.  Business decision all the way.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u want another coach coming in and gutting out a couple of victories and taking us out of the top 5? Irsay did 2 things  with Sam's insertion. Seeing if he was the future and if he was not, it would garner Jim a top pick.  Business decision all the way.

Not really, no.  If we're going to fail, then let it fail.  No need to tank.  Just -- let it ride.  And where we end up is our new starting point.  From there, we get a new GM and a new HC, and start the new build.

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Not really, no.  If we're going to fail, then let it fail.  No need to tank.  Just -- let it ride.  And where we end up is our new starting point.  From there, we get a new GM and a new HC, and start the new build.

Do you think it will be any better the next time around?

Caldwell -> Pagano -> Reich -> Next doofus up!

I’m starting to give some credence to the conspiracy theorist that say this was a planned tank.  

Put a G at LT, bring in a QB past his prime and put him behind a deteriorating line.  Don’t spend in free agency.    I could go on, but I won’t because I don’t believe it.   Or do I?

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Irsay hasn't fired a head coach midseason before, So most likely he has been told he won't be returning next year but will be allowed to finish the season.

Why would he tell him he is going to be fired at the end of the season?    I think it's going to happen, but why tell him now?

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m starting to give some credence to the conspiracy theorist that say this was a planned tank.  

Put a G at LT, bring in a QB past his prime and put him behind a deteriorating line.  Don’t spend in free agency.    I could go on, but I won’t because I don’t believe it.   Or do I?

Why would the guys that are about to get fired agree to tank?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Why would the guys that are about to get fired agree to tank?

I don’t believe it…but…if it were true, it would be because people would be told they’re going to be fired anyway.  And if they tank they’d be better compensated.   

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I don’t believe it…but…if it were true, it would be because people would be told they’re going to be fired anyway.  And if they tank they’d be better compensated.   

I would have to think that is against a rule of some kind.   They would have to convince the coordinators and the position coaches as well.   Then everyone not go to the media

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would have to think that is against a rule of some kind.   They would have to convince the coordinators and the position coaches as well.   Then everyone not go to the media

Absolutely unethical and probably illegal.  But aren’t there already allegations made by some former HC’s?   

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Monday?  

Will Strausser also go?  

Who will call the plays on Offense (assuming we just don't punt on first down and hope the other team messes up).

The Monday after our final game in December is when Reich will be let go

37 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Ehhhh........

Jim Irsay has made that pledge his entire career, he’s not gonna let it happen now

38 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Absolutely unethical and probably illegal.  But aren’t there already allegations made by some former HC’s?   

Unsubstantiated.   Brian Flores and Hugh Jackson.   If there was a thread of truth it would be investigated 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Why spend so much cap to tank?

13 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Since they are in tank mode, Frank is the guy that will get them there 

Lots of truth to that.  Firing him now could get the team motivated to rally around an interim coach.    We will just have to watch this dumpster fire for 8 more games.   It would be awesome if we lost them all and finished 3-13-1 but I think it is more likely that we finish 5-11-1 which would probably get us the5th pick in the draft or close to it.

Why is everyone assuming Reich fired Brady?

Do we have proof it was solely Reichs decision?

I don't think so.

in my personal opinion, I think it was a forced deicision by Ballard or Irsay. Why? Process of elimination. 

15 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Why is everyone assuming Reich fired Brady?

Do we have proof it was solely Reichs decision?

I don't think so.

in my personal opinion, I think it was a forced deicision by Ballard or Irsay. Why? Process of elimination. 

I never assumed that.  I imagine it came from above.   I can’t see Frank firing anyone.   Even that first Oline coach (who apparently can’t keep a job, but did a good one when he was here).

It is interesting that both his previous O and D coordinators are doing pretty well.  And I’d say Chicago has way less talent than the Colts.  

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I never assumed that.  I imagine it came from above.   I can’t see Frank firing anyone.   Even that first Oline coach (who apparently can’t keep a job, but did a good one when he was here).

It is interesting that both his previous O and D coordinators are doing pretty well.  And I’d say Chicago has way less talent than the Colts.  

Exactly, so maybe you're thinking what im thinking. The way I saw it, was if Franks strength is play calling, if his strength is being an offensive mind, remove the other people to blame.  

See how he does. If it looks bad, he's bad. 

Simple

6 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Exactly, so maybe you're thinking what im thinking. The way I saw it, was if Franks strength is play calling, if his strength is being an offensive mind, remove the other people to blame.  

See how he does. If it looks bad, he's bad. 

Simple

But the way the O line is playing, with not a lot of help from the TE's, can any play caller succeed?

Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong, I'm no O line expert.  But I have to think that we've played teams with as bad or worse O lines who can scheme a run or screen, right?  Banging into the LG for a two yard gain on every first down - at some point the definition of insanity should kick in.

I'm just thoroughly frustrated and confused.  

Archived