Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis vs. Washington Discussion

RollerColt

explosion GIF

So after that explosion that was yesterday, here we are.

Colts vs. Commanders @ Lucas Oil Stadium. 4:25 PM game. 

Irsay vs. Snyder. Was originally going to be a Wentz vs. Ryan revenge game. Irsay is going to want this game bad. And Snyder will probably want to pack his lunch.

Time to discuss! Time for Sam to RPO for his life if the line doesn't shore up it's major issues. I think our defense can continue to hold opponents to low scores, and against Washington it should be a similar result. 

Dr. T and his wife Lynn will be IN DA HOUSE this Sunday!! Section 540 Row 2!

Anybody want to invite us to a tailgate? We would be there from Birmingham, Alabama!

Regardless, I can't wait to see the birth of the Ehlinger Era!

Go Colts!!

Based on Sam's style of play the past 2 years in preseason I  hope Reich tells him the same thing Marchibroda always told Harbaugh before every game, "let 'er rip Sam". Except ofcourse Marchibroda said "let 'er rip Jimmy". Always nice to bring back some Colt history into todays discussions.

2 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Washington's DL on our OL worries me.  We have to limit TO.  

I do not think Washington will score a lot but they have WR who can hurt Fayscon/Rogers.

Terry is indeed very dangerous and has been flying under the radar this season. 

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm also curious to see if Matt Haack bounces back after one of the worst performances I've seen by a punter in a while... He absolutely needs to play better this weekend in a climate controlled building. 

Don't worry... We won't have to punt a single time in that one. haha

SAM FTW! 

Curtis Samuel is warshingtons Deebo Samuel!(not sure if related) Not sure why this is a 4:25 pm game!? Suprised they wont flex it to 1pm or as another bad thursday night game. Atleast thatll give me more time to tailgate! Im just anxious to see Ehl start! If our offense hasnt improved any with him, then we all know who to blame! And if we lose with our offensive struggles sunday, I think some coaching changes will be made before the next game!

I think the time is now to move away from the shotgun formation. We seemed to rely on it too much, possibly because of Matt's limitations. 

With Sam in though it's a good opportunity to mix in single-back and trips formations. Get our WRs into open spaces with crossing routes so Sam has an open read if he throws. Hell let's get the I-formation in as well and just pound the dang rock with JT. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This game will come down to whether this team still plays hard or has given up.? Defense will be what I am watching because they have most of the vets that might look at this as giving up. 

Our D will get good reps against Sam E. look alike with Sam E. in practice. Good timing, btw. :) 

44 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This game will come down to whether this team still plays hard or has given up.? Defense will be what I am watching because they have most of the vets that might look at this as giving up. 

The defense has been excellent to date.  I doubt that changes with Wentz.

This is a slam dunk betting game right here.  Go drop a benjamin on the Colts -3 you can thank me later.

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

Based on Sam's style of play the past 2 years in preseason I  hope Reich tells him the same thing Marchibroda always told Harbaugh before every game, "let 'er rip Sam". Except of course Marchibroda said "let 'er rip Jimmy". Always nice to bring back some Colt history into todays discussions.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.  Ted saying Let er Rip Sam

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

my only fear is frank will be to conservative  and run run pass all game .   he needs to let sam do his thing and throw on early downs .

Seriously, what do they have to lose?  Might as well pull out all the stops.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I watched Washington both this week and last.

Like us, their defense is better than their offense. I look at Rivera as similar to Reich (lower end coach).

Should be an evenly matched game. Hopefully, Sam Ehlinger will rise up to give us the win.

Were you bored?  Not sure why you are watching them...

15 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Seriously, what do they have to lose?  Might as well pull out all the stops.

frank coaches scared and it drives me crazy the jags game was the only game he coached aggressively and it worked .   frank is a weird mix of conservative and aggressive in the wrong areas .   he will call run , run pass all game then go for it up 7 instead of going up by 10 .   

you cant coach or play scared in the nfl it never works and gets guys cut and coaches fired .  that is why coby fleener was out of the league so quick he played scared going over the middle . 

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

frank coaches scared and it drives me crazy the jags game was the only game he coached aggressively and it worked .   frank is a weird mix of conservative and aggressive in the wrong areas .   he will call run , run pass all game then go for it up 7 instead of going up by 10 .   

you cant coach or play scared in the nfl it never works and gets guys cut and coaches fired .  that is why coby fleener was out of the league so quick he played scared going over the middle . 

Just a thought. You can agree or not, maybe he coached the same. Maybe Ryan just had a fluke game against jags and that was the outlier.  Just because things were good one week and not the next doesn’t mean he coached different or even called different plays. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'm also curious to see if Matt Haack bounces back after one of the worst performances I've seen by a punter in a while... He absolutely needs to play better this weekend in a climate controlled building. 

Matt haack replace was just signed lol 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Just a thought. You can agree or not, maybe he coached the same. Maybe Ryan just had a fluke game against jags and that was the outlier.  Just because things were good one week and not the next doesn’t mean he coached different or even called different plays. 

i dont think frank had any faith in matt ryan it wasnt his choice at all .   frank probably wanted another year of wentz who would be fully healthy to have a full training camp .   irsay forced frank to trade carson and get matt ryan who has a shot weak arm .   frank probably had no faith in matt watching him stink it up in training camp and preseason against teams 2nd stringers . 

that is why frank started being conservative with ryan because its not his guy . frank was forced to make matt throw 40 times because taylor and hines were out .   then he tried it again against the titans and matt just isnt good and hurt the team all game .

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont think frank had any faith in matt ryan it wasnt his choice at all .   frank probably wanted another year of wentz who would be fully healthy to have a full training camp .   irsay forced frank to trade carson and get matt ryan who has a shot weak arm .   frank probably had no faith in matt watching him stink it up in training camp and preseason against teams 2nd stringers . 

that is why frank started being conservative with ryan because its not his guy . frank was forced to make matt throw 40 times because taylor and hines were out .   then he tried it again against the titans and matt just isnt good and hurt the team all game .

I am sure Reich wanted Carson another year. I agree with what you said about not having faith in Ryan. What he says publicly don’t mean much. This is why I posted earlier I wonder if Reich is relieved Sam is now the QB. He can now run a offense he has wanted and should be able to open up the play book now and not be hamstrung. I agree he can’t be too conservative let Sam loose and see what he can do.

Marcus Brady looked a lot happier in his presser today. 

Honestly? I’m fine with every loss from here on out. Don’t be surprised to see Irsay want to move up even higher. He wants to draft the next guy, and he wants him this spring. 

I mean I’d hate to lose to Washington and make that wentz pick we’ve got coming worth even less, but I’m trying to think  bigger picture, so I’ll let it go. 

I mean look, I’ll just be honest: any good Sam does is just going to give frank that much more of a chance to stick around. I’m not rooting against him, but I also don’t want to see that turn into going back to the Jacoby Brissett phase of this ride again. 

The QB class is too good not to try and be near the top of if possible this year. 

I'm just hoping he gets a full game under his belt and we work from there. Over the years there's been a ton of guys like him that come in and get hurt real quick or are just flat out bad.

Fingers crossed but I've got literally zero expectations for him and the team the rest of the way. Hopefully it's at least fun to watch and not like an Alabama vs Iowa Community College matchup.

Archived