Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Glass Half Full Guy Says...

Smonroe

Glass Half Full Guys Says:  The Colts won the game!

Colts nation says - Thank you Russel Wilson!

Glass Half Full Guys Says: The Colts recovered 4 fumbles!

Colts nation says - Yeah, they were all ours.

Glass Half Full Guys Says: They're acknowledging that the O line needs adjustments

Colts nation says - Who in their right mind makes three position changes, on a short week, on the road, high altitude game, with no practice?

How does that coach still have a job?

Glass Half Full Guys Says: This is the best five game start in the Frank Reich era!

Colts nation says - See Above

All kidding aside, I am the glass half full guy.  I think that IF they can get the O line to play mediocre ball, this team has the talent at the skill position on Offense to score more that 20 points a game (when was the last time that happened?).  

I'm with you. I would add that they need to fix the ball security issues. While some of that is certainly related to the poor play of the o-line, Matt Ryan has done a lousy job protecting the ball. Hasn't been a big problem for him in the past, so I think it is also fixable.

The fumbling by Matt is concerning, he also has thrown 7 INT's. Having said that his Line has been bad from what I am watching. On Thursday he didn't have Taylor or Hines either, we still are finding ways to win despite all the crap. Gilmore was a great signing by Ballard and Chase was 4-4 in FG's. FG kickers are key.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The fumbling by Matt is concerning, he also has thrown 7 INT's. Having said that his Line has been bad from what I am watching. On Thursday he didn't have Taylor or Hines either, we still are finding ways to win despite all the crap. Gilmore was a great signing by Ballard and Chase was 4-4 in FG's. FG kickers are key.

I agree that he’s feeling it on almost every drop.  But he had clean pockets on the ints.  They were horrible reads/throws.  

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

some of those throws were just bad decisions. Even if the line gets it together I’m not sure Ryan cleans it up much. 

2 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

some of those throws were just bad decisions. Even if the line gets it together I’m not sure Ryan cleans it up much. 

I think he will. He has happy feet because he feels pressure all over the place. Once he gets sacked once or twice, it is probably in the back of his mind the pressure will go on all game. In the 5 games we have played, I can't honestly say that O.Line has dominated 1 game which is shocking. I thought the O.Line was good in the 4th QTR and OT at Houston, that is about it.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he will. He has happy feet because he feels pressure all over the place. Once he gets sacked once or twice, it is probably in the back of his mind the pressure will go on all game. In the 5 games we have played, I can't honestly say that O.Line has dominated 1 game which is shocking. I thought the O.Line was good in the 4th QTR and OT at Houston, that is about it.

the line looked decent for having no practice on Thursday night. Gives me a little hope for them as a unit. We have to get Pryor out of there. 

4 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

the line looked decent for having no practice on Thursday night. Gives me a little hope for them as a unit. We have to get Pryor out of there. 

I hope we get it together. I remember in New England, it seemed like Tom had 4 or 5 seconds to throw. Our O.Line should be like that being the fact the money they make.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I agree that he’s feeling it on almost every drop.  But he had clean pockets on the ints.  They were horrible reads/throws.  

Without seeing the all 22 I can’t be certain, but I’m not sure guys were able to get open. On both ints he had all freaking day and just kinda stood there. Could nobody get separation and he tried to force a play? Or is it just a case of 2 awful throws? Either way gotta play smarter ball. It was a 6 point swing there with one costing us at least a fg and the other int gifting them a fg.

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Glass Half Full Guys Says: They're acknowledging that the O line needs adjustments

Colts nation says - Who in their right mind makes three position changes, on a short week, on the road, high altitude game, with no practice?

Glass Half Full Guys Says: This is the best five game start in the Frank Reich era!

All kidding aside, I am the glass half full guy.  I think that IF they can get the O line to play mediocre ball, this team has the talent at the skill position on Offense to score more that 20 points a game (when was the last time that happened?).  

Agreed and I can see how fans see it from both sides. That was truly an ugly offensive performance. At times borderline unwatchable, but you take any win you get. If we somehow miss out on the division by 1 game to the Titans will they kindly reject the division crown because we shot ourselves in the foot and gave them the game in Indy? No they won’t. So a win is a win and I just hope we can get this o line, and Ryans turnovers under control.

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Our record is better then last year at this point lol.  So it buys us time to find fixes. I just don’t know if their is a fix to the oline and QB issue.

Not sure if the fix for the OL is on the roster.  Hopefully D. Kelly can make a difference.  If not we might be forced to find some help.

Not taking up for Matt but there has been a couple fumbles that were just mishaps, for example the one where his knee was down, the one when he was running and the defender reached from behind and barely got the ball from his blind side.. The couple of fumbles under center can be on both Kelly and Matt.  Yes he has to be better though.  

The one interception in Denver i can see where he didn;t see the guy there.  Players are not see through so it happens.  I think Matt will get it cleaned up.  

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not sure if the fix for the OL is on the roster.  Hopefully D. Kelly can make a difference.  If not we might be forced to find some help.

When they asked Frank about him after the game, he gave the “we’re evaluating his progress…” type of answer.   

He as to be better than Pryor, by default.   Pryor is a guard, and as bad as Smith has been, he’s still better.  Why not put Pryor at RG?  

That Oline shuffle was ridiculous.  You try that when you have a full week of practice, at best.  I’m still ticked about it.  

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Glass Half Full Gal concurs!!

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

When they asked Frank about him after the game, he gave the “we’re evaluating his progress…” type of answer.   

He as to be better than Pryor, by default.   Pryor is a guard, and as bad as Smith has been, he’s still better.  Why not put Pryor at RG?  

That Oline shuffle was ridiculous.  You try that when you have a full week of practice, at best.  I’m still ticked about it.  

I think we might actually see Pryor at guard and smith back to tackle against the jags. I think that’s probably our best oline group. We then just have to help Rainmann out a little.

Just a little FYI Zak Keefer said Ryan Kelly told him he was in some pain with that hip. That might be why we are seeing him struggle some. So hopefully ten days off will help. Or maybe Pinter starts against jags only playing Kelly in the event Pinter gets hurt.

Rainmann Nelson Kelly/Pinter Pryor Smith is probably our best lineup. If that doesn’t fix the oline then we are in trouble.

31 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

On the bright side of things, which I just realized after reading the OP..this is the best start for a Colts Frank Reich team in 5 years! And I'd argue it's been the worst performing team. 

. We started 5-2 with Jacoby the year luck retired. I think we were pretty good with rivers too despite losing to jags. 

Reich has started well when he had a QB he knew well and there was no injuries involved. Wentz injuries hampered us to start the season or it might of been different.

54 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

. We started 5-2 with Jacoby the year luck retired. I think we were pretty good with rivers too despite losing to jags. 

Reich has started well when he had a QB he knew well and there was no injuries involved. Wentz injuries hampered us to start the season or it might of been different.

Colts started 3-2 in 19 and 20.  

My bad, I was wrong.  

I was getting a little negative, regarding the team, luckily, @NewColtsFan, awoke the positivity in me....we are still trying to recover from Hurricane Ian down here, while I was protecting a job site, intead of my own home.  Luckily, I was spared with little damage....so while may glass was half empty, it is back to being half full:)

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Thanks for the correction. Every year it just feels like we get off to a bad start, guess not so much

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hines is not a factor at all tbh I rather Jackson get the carry’s they waste on Hines 

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think we might actually see Pryor at guard and smith back to tackle against the jags. I think that’s probably our best oline group. We then just have to help Rainmann out a little.

Just a little FYI Zak Keefer said Ryan Kelly told him he was in some pain with that hip. That might be why we are seeing him struggle some. So hopefully ten days off will help. Or maybe Pinter starts against jags only playing Kelly in the event Pinter gets hurt.

Rainmann Nelson Kelly/Pinter Pryor Smith is probably our best lineup. If that doesn’t fix the oline then we are in trouble.

Kelly is the same song and dance every year he dealing with something , Bernhard / Nelson / Pinter / Braden / D.kelly( when healthy can’t be worst than Pryor proven starting experience)

26 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Thanks for the correction. Every year it just feels like we get off to a bad start, guess not so much

People really kind of over exaggerate the slow starts with Reich  because each one us understandable. This year all though we have a new QB he is a vet and we have been pretty healthy so this year is probably the only season I would say the slow start is inexcusable. Even with Luck he wasn’t even throwing until camp and we had a lot of injuries to start that season.  

Weirdly, I'm not as negative as most people.

For sure, were playing absolutely terribly right now. But imo, were not truly a bad team. A bad team has problems and talent deficiencies across the team. But I think the Colts have talent. We have a good, fringe Top-10 defense. We have a good Special Teams. And I think we have a good young emerging group of skill players.

The problem with this team thats holding everything back is almost totally to do with the oline and QB play, along with the coaching. But we have alot of experience in these areas. I think if we get this oline somewhat working, this will have a knock-on effect and things will start going well for this team. But no doubt, long term for this team, we will need find a new HC, QB and o-lineman.

4 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Weirdly, I'm not as negative as most people.

For sure, were playing absolutely terribly right now. But imo, were not truly a bad team. A bad team has problems and talent deficiencies across the team. But I think the Colts have talent. We have a good, fringe Top-10 defense. We have a good Special Teams. And I think we have a good young emerging group of skill players.

The problem with this team thats holding everything back is almost totally to do with the oline and QB play, along with the coaching. But we have alot of experience in these areas. I think if we get this oline somewhat working, this will have a knock-on effect and things will start going well for this team. But no doubt, long term for this team, we will need find a new HC, QB and o-lineman.

They were able to stay in this thing with the 2-2-1 record which has bought them time to find a fix for the oline and QB play. I just done know if the fix is there. We will see. Reich has historically had good offensive teams that score a lot of points. So this is very unusual for them.  So not even going to put the offense nor scoring points on him. Hopefully they figure it out with Ryan and it’s just a new QB finding his way with a new offense.

1 hour ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

I was getting a little negative, regarding the team, luckily, @NewColtsFan, awoke the positivity in me....we are still trying to recover from Hurricane Ian down here, while I was protecting a job site, intead of my own home.  Luckily, I was spared with little damage....so while may glass was half empty, it is back to being half full:)

Oh, sweet irony….   While I helped you become more positive,  I myself,  have become more….   (I don’t want to say negative) so I’ll say, skeptical….  And cautious.    While I think it’s possible we improve a fair amount in October I'm not convinced it will happen.   I can’t recall anything like this in my 10 1/2 years of Colts fandom.    

People (Coaches) are going to be working like crazy to fix our problems in the next few weeks.   If they fail,  they may be working elsewhere next year.   

It’s all about the OL.   Fix it, and everyone will become better….  Ryan, Taylor, all the playmakers.   Fail to fix, and we might be looking at a top-15, maybe top-10 pick next spring.    Everything is on the line. 

What is it that makes people think Pryor would be a good guard? What experience does he have there? That one feels like the move Denzelle good to guard deal from years ago. I could be wrong. I just think hes a mediocre tackle and thats all he is for the most part. I dont think hes a guard.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

What is it that makes people think Pryor would be a good guard? What experience does he have there? That one feels like the move Denzelle good to guard deal from years ago. I could be wrong. I just think hes a mediocre tackle and thats all he is for the most part. I dont think hes a guard.

That’s why I’d rather see them try Kelly at right guard with Pinter at Center.  I just know watching Thursday i am done with Pryor.  9 pressures given up in a game is beyond bad.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

He played a little RG last year.

My personal opinion is, that was where he looked the worse and out of place to me.

Our offense ranks 10th in the 4Q in the NFL and 31st for the first 3 quarters. Why???  Is it that it takes Reich, 3quarters to find the right plays based on the other teams defense? Not sure but this stats can help everyone who is searching for problems/solution to consider. 

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, sweet irony….   While I helped you become more positive,  I myself,  have become more….   (I don’t want to say negative) so I’ll say, skeptical….  And cautious.    While I think it’s possible we improve a fair amount in October I'm not convinced it will happen.   I can’t recall anything like this in my 10 1/2 years of Colts fandom.    

People (Coaches) are going to be working like crazy to fix our problems in the next few weeks.   If they fail,  they may be working elsewhere next year.   

It’s all about the OL.   Fix it, and everyone will become better….  Ryan, Taylor, all the playmakers.   Fail to fix, and we might be looking at a top-15, maybe top-10 pick next spring.    Everything is on the line. 

What are your thoughts on more three Tight End Sets, with Mo chipping to the left, Granson in the slot, Woods chipping on the right.....Pittman and Pierce wide?  More quick hits and a little more time....

Archived