Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 TNF Colts at Broncos: Post Game Thoughts (W5)

EastStreet

That was one of the worst football games I've ever watched. 

Question: WHY CAN THIS TEAM NOT DEFEND OR RUN A SUCCESSFUL SCREEN SINCE FRANK HAS BEEN HERE?!??! 

Poor Matt Ryan. He did hold the ball too long quite a few times, but the dude is obviously getting PTSD by this trash o-line. 

Those two INT's were super bad though. 

Fire Strausser immediately. 

Leaving Raimann on an island with ZERO help, is absolutely unforgivable. Who does that??? 

Call Eric Fisher, make your apologies (Ballard won't cuz he's too stubborn) and get him in here. 

Pryor should've been at RG and Smith should've stayed at RT. 

Trade Kelly for whatever you can get, and leave Pinter at C. 

First play of the game. FINALLY a wheel route to a RB (even tho Hines dropped it)........then NEVER use it again. Cmon frank!! 

Maybe 2-3 slants all night?? Unbelievable

That last scoring drive where they were hurry up was ALL Matt Ryan. I wish they would dink and dunk more. I don't understand why they don't.....oh wait, yes I do. Frank. 

Calling these run plays from my couch is getting old. Why does every other team in the league run off tackle or outside runs except for Frank's team?? Someone please stop Frank w/ the up the middle runs.

I do like how Jackson runs though. He doesn't wait for holes (that aren't there) and gets shot out of a cannon. 

Why did we not use TE's more????? Oh yeah I know, Frank.

I said this last game, but they use Mo Allie one game and then ghost him rest of the season. 

Pierce is going to be a stud. 

Good job Campbell! 

Excellent job McLaughlin!

Thanks Denver and their Frank Jr coach calling plays for somehow playing slightly worse on Offense than the Colts....? 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the win !

That was an awful showing. This team right now would be like to win 7 or 8 games. If Wilson wasn’t trying to out-stink Ryan, Den wins that game in regulation. Not sure why Hackett doesn’t just run the ball on their last possession in regulation.

Truly hard to judge the defense with how bad the Broncos offense was.

This offense is brutal. The O-Line and QB stink. Jackson n Lindsey looked better than Hines has going back to last season.

Pierce looks really good. Saved Ryan multiple times.

Reich is not a good football coach. He was lucky to find a coach who stinks more than him.

Ballard should be ashamed by some of the positions on this team

3 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Question: WHY CAN THIS TEAM NOT DEFEND OR RUN A SUCCSESSFUL SCREEN SINCE FRANK HAS BEEN HERE?!??! 

Poor Matt Ryan. He did hold the ball too long quite a few times, but the dude is obviously getting PTSD by this trash o-line. 

Leaving Raimann on an island with ZERO help, is absolutely unforgivable. Who does that??? 

Call Eric Fisher, make your apologies (Ballard won't cuz he's too stubborn) and get him in here. 

First play of the game. FINALLY a wheel route to a RB (even tho Hines dropped it)........then NEVER use it again. Cmon frank!! 

That last scoring drive where they were hurry up was ALL Matt Ryan. I wish they would dink and dunk more. I don't understand why they don't.....oh wait, yes I do. Frank. 

Calling these run plays from my couch is getting old. Why does every other team in the league run off tackle or outside runs except for Frank's team?? Someone please stop Frank w/ the up the middle runs.

I do like how Jackson runs though. He doesn't wait for holes (that aren't there) and gets shot out of a cannon. 

I said this last game, but they use Mo Allie one game and then ghost him rest of the season. 

Good job Campbell! 

Thanks Denver and their Frank Jr coach calling plays for somehow playing slightly worse on Offense than the Colts....? 

I do not disagree with anything in your post.   Frank is killing this offense.  

24 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Question: WHY CAN THIS TEAM NOT DEFEND OR RUN A SUCCESSFUL SCREEN SINCE FRANK HAS BEEN HERE?!??! 

Good job Campbell! 

Did you forget this?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/230104020

10 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Did I forget that one? 

Did I forget the Jax shut out? 

Did I forget collapse of last year? 

Did I forget the Pagano punt formation play against the Pats? 

Did I forget when Saints put up 62 points on Colts w/ Sean Payton eating hotdogs in the booth? 

Did I forget the Steelers beating us in 2005 and Vandershank missing the FG? 

Did I forget Manning getting picked on the slant to Reggie for a pick 6 in SB against Saints? 

No. 

Was this game up there in being terrible to watch? 

Yes. 

It looked like two PAL football teams playing 

18 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Enjoy the win !

That was an awful showing. This team right now would be like to win 7 or 8 games. If Wilson wasn’t trying to out-stink Ryan, Den wins that game in regulation. Not sure why Hackett doesn’t just run the ball on their last possession in regulation.

Truly hard to judge the defense with how bad the Broncos offense was.

This offense is brutal. The O-Line and QB stink. Jackson n Lindsey looked better than Hines has going back to last season.

Pierce looks really good. Saved Ryan multiple times.

Reich is not a good football coach. He was lucky to find a coach who stinks more than him.

Ballard should be ashamed by some of the positions on this team

*This* 

Was it our defense that shined? I'm not so sure. Russell Wilson looked tired and like he didn't even want to be there. His decision making was absurd. On the pick by Gilmore where Broncos driving for at least a regulation 6-point lead late, the entire right side was open for him to run between the right guard and right tackle. A 3-yard gap with no one in space except Gilmore on that side. it easily is a first down to seal the game as Colts were out of TO's if not a game deciding TD.

And KJ wide open in same right flat on last play for an easy pitch and catch.

This Broncos team is God awful and this Colts team had to seriously put in a major effort to beat them and I agree with @NewColtsFan. Hackett is a terrible coach. He will be gone soon. He and Reich should thumb wrestle to determine who's worse but that would most likely end in a tie.

I get some on here want to celebrate a win, but this is not a win. This is 2 teams that should not be on an NFL football field right now. Some of the worst football I have ever seen outside of the niners/broncos' game a few weeks ago.

If Baron Browning doesn't get hurt this Colts team loses. That guy is a stud and plays like a rush backer should. we have no one close to that motor on this unit right now, no one. Not Paye, not Dayo, not whoever other crap drafted rusher we have. Yannick at least did show up last night a few times. 

Best part about this game is that it finally ended. 

All these little player bright spots like Pierce and Yannick and Deon are severely overshadowed by this abysmal team. 

Nothing changed for me here, blow it up.....:Nuke:

10 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Did I forget that one? 

Did I forget the Jax shut out? 

Did I forget collapse of last year? 

Did I forget the Pagano punt formation play against the Pats? 

Did I forget when Saints put up 62 points on Colts w/ Sean Payton eating hotdogs in the booth? 

Did I forget the Steelers beating us in 2005 and Vandershank missing the FG? 

Did I forget Manning getting picked on the slant to Reggie for a pick 6 in SB against Saints? 

No. 

Was this game up there in being terrible to watch? 

Yes. 

It looked like two PAL football teams playing 

There was also the 9-6 loss to a the Bills on MNF in 1997! Ughh I attended that one!

I’ve never felt worse about a win. Ryan is clearly not the future or even the present. Even when he has time, his throws look slow and inaccurate. I just want us to either look elite, or lose out to improve draft position. A win like this does nothing for me.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

*This* 

Was it our defense that shined? I'm not so sure. Russell Wilson looked tired and like he didn't even want to be there. His decision making was absurd. On the pick by Gilmore where Broncos driving for at least a regulation 6-point lead late, the entire right side was open for him to run between the right guard and right tackle. A 3-yard gap with no one in space except Gilmore on that side. it easily is a first down to seal the game as Colts were out of TO's if not a game deciding TD.

And KJ wide open in same right flat on last play for an easy pitch and catch.

This Broncos team is God awful and this Colts team had to seriously put in a major effort to beat them and I agree with @NewColtsFan. Hackett is a terrible coach. He will be gone soon. He and Reich should thumb wrestle to determine who's worse but that would most likely end in a tie.

I get some on here want to celebrate a win, but this is not a win. This is 2 teams that should not be on an NFL football field right now. Some of the worst football I have ever seen outside of the niners/broncos' game a few weeks ago.

If Baron Browning doesn't get hurt this Colts team loses. That guy is a stud and plays like a rush backer should. we have no one close to that motor on this unit right now, no one. Not Paye, not Dayo, not whoever other crap drafted rusher we have. Yannick at least did show up last night a few times. 

Best part about this game is that it finally ended. 

All these little player bright spots like Pierce and Yannick and Deon are severely overshadowed by this abysmal team. 

Nothing changed for me here, blow it up.....:Nuke:

The INT he threw to Rodney Thomas was enough to be benched. I don't even think he looked before he just chucked the ball up.

I agree with all you said! 100%%%

Every drop back need to be 3 steps. This offense is being called like Ryan has time to throw and he doesn’t. 3 step drop passes are all this team can do. 

take notice in hurry up they move the ball regularly game in game out. 

ryan can’t hold onto the ball either whenever we start hitting a rhythm he turns it over. This felt worse than a loss. 

Defense played very good against an offense (Denver) which is bad.  Gilmore earned his check and the loss of Kwity will be huge.  The run D immediately began to struggle in his absence.  The offense is just pitiful.  Absolutely pitiful.  Our overpaid offensive line is porous and Matt Ryan looks pitiful.  Playing calling is what it is:  it’s all Franked up.   

Some of y’all are wild. Was this ugly? Sure, but Ryan played his worst game of the season, we didn’t have Taylor, and Hines got hurt in the 1st series. All of this against what some call an elite d in Denver while on the road, and we still came away with a win. It wasn’t perfect, and at times downright ugly, but I’d take an ugly win over a loss any day.

2 minutes ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Some of y’all are wild. Was this ugly? Sure, but Ryan played his worst game of the season, we didn’t have Taylor, and Hines got hurt in the 1st series. All of this against what some call an elite d in Denver while on the road, and we still came away with a win. It wasn’t perfect, and at times downright ugly, but I’d take an ugly win over a loss any day.

We didn't have Hines? What has Hines done to be thought of a integral part of Colts wins? NOT one person has called that Denver defense ELITE. Stop it. Good? Yes. Elite? No...... Ryan played his worst game after multiple other mediocre performances. You're acting like this is a one off 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They are making fun of Ryan’s arm on the radio this morning. Saying it’s worse then rivers.

How many sacks did the oline give up while Rivers was here? Ryan was under assault over 50% of the drop backs. Considering some genius chose a short week to switch the oline it’s amazing they won. 

everyone laughs at the duck that Alec  Pierce saved on one of the last but Ryan yet again got hit and hit has wrist directly onto the DTs helmet. Surprised he didn’t break anything or able to hold onto the ball after that. 

y’all crying for Nick Foles to be put in the game will get your wish with this Oline. 

I love these kind of games, grind it out, hard nosed wins. who cares if it is 12-9 or 39-36, I love the fact we won, we won, do people understand that? My thread got closed I disagree with that, disappointed there and would love an explanation to as why? I have been kicked around here all week so when I create a thread to defend myself that is not breaking forum rules what is the problem @Nadine

12 minutes ago, FanOutOfTown said:

I'm honestly not trying to come at you personally, but how can you and some others on here be so delusional? To defend this total ineptitude year after year. 

In this case, with this team, their record is NOT what they seem to be. Anyone who has watched this team this year, after 6 years, of this blatant incompetency, should be appalled and not looking for positives and a Brightside. The Broncos fans at least last night were right on point with their assessment of their own team. they were not rooting; they were BOOING in complete disgust. 

Some on here seem to have this mentality equivalent to participation trophies and baby step progress shrouded in comical fluff.

this is pro football, and the object is to execute as close to flawless as possible while executing your opponent figuratively. 

the more those like you and sadly our owner based on that after game video, continue to excuse this crap the longer it will be until this team is truly relevant again.

You do you but I'm just completely puzzled why anyone believes this is acceptable from any angle.

Every true colt's fan should be utterly embarrassed, including Irsay. 

The NFL is a week-to-week league. Bottom line, in week 5 the Colts beat their opponent. Was the o-line play horrendous? Absolutely, but at least they tried something to shake it up like so many have asked. I think this unit has a chance to get better with some practice. Was Matt Ryan bad? He sure was, but he made key drives at the end of regulation and OT to put the Colts in position to win a football game. The defense was very good, and Chase was nails on some huge kicks. Bottom line is, the Colts are 2-2-1 after five games. The record says who you are. For everyone who says we are lucky to be here because other teams gifted us wins, I would say we have been at least as generous with our miscues to give games away. Everything this team wants is still in front of them, but they need to find the heart to go out and grab it. That is the part that been most frustrating to me. The offense appears really tentative, especially the line. I realize the shuffling has something to do with that, but let's get these guys back to mangling the man in front them and letting our skill guys play fast and make things happen. A lot of good things can happen from there.

9 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol I guess a win is a win, wasn't pretty. Defense was good, but Denvers offense was equally bad. Ryan is going to be injured by midseason with this poor Oline. I feel like its kind of fake excitement kind of like after the KC game. But ill say it again, like I did after KC. Maybe we can build off this...doubt it though. 

9 hours ago, Solon said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuw5yrTKUT0DfJGlf6i7V

Defense played their hearts out. Chris Strausser needs to be fired. Teams are literally running the same stunt game to game and we still can't figure it out.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This was the worst Colts game I've ever been subjected too that was a win. Other than Pierce and the defense, there was no reason to care about anything that happened.

9 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Yea it’s nice to win but idk how anyone could be excited about this team. Defense is legitimately good. Oline might be worst in the league. 

9 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Incredible brave job by the defense tonight. Buckner and Gilmore were outstanding. Two massive tackles by McLeod and Okereke on 2nd and 3rd down stoned the Broncos RBS and forced the 4th down. Thomas the rookie holding up the backend (except when the reds take him out lol).

Offense, idk. Pierce was class. After that terrible. Why didn’t we use the TEs until late in the game? As for the oline, at this stage Strausser has to go and we just keep trying oline combos until something works. Like Smith and Pryor really should have swapped positions early in this game. Leaving Pryor out there on Browning was criminal.

Everyone is hyping our defense way too much after that game. Russell spotted us that win with some major overthrows on wide open receivers...

And speaking of wide open receivers.... how about this one on the final play of the game?

image.png.1bc05bda9fd18889700d781fca8e8c35.png

6 minutes ago, skerfalcon8710 said:

How many sacks did the oline give up while Rivers was here? Ryan was under assault over 50% of the drop backs. Considering some genius chose a short week to switch the oline it’s amazing they won. 

everyone laughs at the duck that Alec  Pierce saved on one of the last but Ryan yet again got hit and hit has wrist directly onto the DTs helmet. Surprised he didn’t break anything or able to hold onto the ball after that. 

y’all crying for Nick Foles to be put in the game will get your wish with this Oline. 

Ryan’s pocket awareness is bad. It’s partly his fault the oline looks that bad.

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They are making fun of Ryan’s arm on the radio this morning. Saying it’s worse then rivers.

Rivers got rid of the ball faster. Reich, I have said, should be calling quick hitters for Ryan and not 4 second routes, just stuff that takes 2-3 seconds till the OL starts playing better and cohesively. If you are calling 4 second routes, go max. protect with 2 TEs inline or 1 TE and a 6th OL.  That is the true issue, IMO. Reich knows the OL is having issues, so why call plays that exacerbate it?

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Rivers got rid of the ball faster. Reich, I have said, should be calling quick hitters for Ryan and not 4 second routes, just stuff that takes 2-3 seconds till the OL starts playing better and cohesively. If you are calling 4 second routes, go max. protect with 2 TEs inline or 1 TE and a 6th OL.  That is the true issue, IMO. Reich knows the OL is having issues, so why call plays that exacerbate it?

I saw Ryan scanning the field quickly, coming off various receivers and going to others, as if he was looking for multiple options that were not available rather than waiting for a pattern to develop.  He actually seemed to have decent time most of the game, after the first flurry of oline problems early in the game. 

With an abundance of receivers on the field, some are supposed to get open quickly before the rush gets there.

15 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Why didn’t we use the TEs until late in the game?

Its been pointed out that DEN has LBs that are suited to covering TEs.  TEN does not.  A lot of Ryan's passes had to go to the boundary since the middle was often covered.

Just now, DougDew said:

I saw Ryan scanning the field quickly, coming off various receivers and going to others, as if he was looking for multiple options that were not available rather than waiting for a pattern to develop.  He actually seemed to have decent time most of the game, after the first flurry of oline problems early in the game. 

With an abundance of receivers on the field, some are supposed to get open quickly before the rush gets there.

Nothing is going to get resolved till we run the ball well. They will crowd the line of scrimmage knowing that we can't get hat on hat to prop our RBs to the next level or get someone deep to burn them. So, they will crowd and they will rush till we gash the opponents with several runs to take them out of nickel formations that works well enough against our bad passing game.

9 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Yea it’s nice to win but idk how anyone could be excited about this team. Defense is legitimately good. Oline might be worst in the league. 

Just blew our chance for #1 draft pick.  This team is a train wreck, this game was just another example. Frank and Chris need to hit the road by the season at least...  :highfive2: the TV folks were laughing at both teams, noting a football game might break out..  :bossy:    They were an embarrassment on National TV....     :facepalm:

Archived