Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woah Colts have interest in Wagner


Recommended Posts

Not sure who this guy is but Colts have the cap space to grab him.

 

 

Money talks but so does winning games, and the Colts don’t even have a starting quarterback… I’m not sure many free agents are going to want to come to Indy.

 

 

Honestly this may be Ballard’s biggest flaw, he plays hard ball when it comes to contracts and money, but players are only willing to take pay cuts for winning teams. The Colts havent been stable enough for players to take less to play here.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Wagner as a player but I expect him to get a nice payday and it would be a puzzling way for the Colts to use cap space this year.

 

He will be 32 by the time the season starts so how many quality years does he have left?

 

Most importantly LB is far from a need. On defense alone I would be in favor of spending money on a veteran pass rusher (which are available), a CB, or a free safety before making a splash with a big signing at LB. On offense they could spend money on QB, WR, TE, or LT all before Wagner. There are just too many other positions to address, and more important ones, before i'd want to see the Colts sign a high priced LB. 

 

I do think Wagner would help improve the team some it just wouldn't be the best way to use salary cap space this year, IMO.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Better play from the MIKE would be nice.  Its been needed for a while.  Even if its part time.

 

And that would be some highly paid ILB unit without an edge or LT, or Wr, or.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:


 

All these agents going to use the Colts as bait to get more money to their guys!!

 

BEWARE. Colts will be connected to a lot of people.

I don’t think this is coming from a agent. It’s probably a colts source. 
 

Also remember interest does not mean it will happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's that time of the year again! The Colts will be linked to every big name free agent and reel in a grand total of 0

Great point.  We have the most space, so the click-baiters will link us to everybody.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t think this is coming from a agent. It’s probably a colts source. 
 

Also remember interest does not mean it will happen. 

Oh 100%

 

Im just saying, whether it’s an agent or not, the Colts are going to be connected to almost every free agent in some way due to being #1 in cap space. Most of the rumors won’t be true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Not sure who this guy is but Colts have the cap space to grab him.

 

 

Money talks but so does winning games, and the Colts don’t even have a starting quarterback… I’m not sure many free agents are going to want to come to Indy.

 

 

Honestly this may be Ballard’s biggest flaw, he plays hard ball when it comes to contracts and money, but players are only willing to take pay cuts for winning teams. The Colts havent been stable enough for players to take less to play here.


At first I thought - he doesn’t know who Wagner is?  Lol!

 

I think FAs will know the Colts are on the precipice, and any QB they get will get them farther than Wentz.  
 

But Ballard has to wake up and admit to paying more than he thinks guys are worth.  Get us a star LT, DE, and any QB, and we’d be contenders.   I’d like a WR too but I don’t think that cupboard is as bare.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bravo4460 said:

Oh 100%

 

Im just saying, whether it’s an agent or not, the Colts are going to be connected to almost every free agent in some way due to being #1 in cap space. Most of the rumors won’t be true.

Because it was a colts podcaster that’s posted that it’s most likely someone from inside the colts organization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's that time of the year again! The Colts will be linked to every big name free agent and reel in a grand total of 0

What season have we not added any free agents?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Better play from the MIKE would be nice.  Its been needed for a while.  Even if its part time.

 

And that would be some highly paid ILB unit without an edge or LT, or Wr, or.....

 

Yeah right! If we signed Wagner first we would have no more money for any of your expressed needs.  Why write this ____ ___?
  And IMO Oke is not the run stuffing mike for this D. Period!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Oh 100%

 

Im just saying, whether it’s an agent or not, the Colts are going to be connected to almost every free agent in some way due to being #1 in cap space. Most of the rumors won’t be true.

 

  I really impressed with the knowledge and wisdom to be gained here.
   So, don't believe Most of the rumors! :lecture:  This is good ____ man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:


 

All these agents going to use the Colts as bait to get more money to their guys!!

 

BEWARE. Colts will be connected to a lot of people.

Ding ding.  This has happened the past few years and the Colts signed none of the guys they were linked too so be ware of what you read on twitter the next few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What season have we not added any free agents?

Not what he said, though. 
 

We’ll be linked to big name free agents and not land any of them. He didn’t say we didn’t get any free agents. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...