Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade: Yay or Nay

runthepost

Wentz and a future 2nd round pick for Matt Ryan  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Wentz and a future 2nd round pick for Matt Ryan

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know about the Ohio State kid, but Young, from Alabama, is said to be 5’11” and 200.    Still interested? 

Wow.... I didnt know he was that short

He is listed at 6' and 194  

If that is his listed weight , in college.....  he is probably 5'5" and 120 lbs :)

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

Is he eligble in 2023 or this year?  Remember, the dude who beat him out for the national championship run was a shrimpy walk on.

There could be other candidates next year.  But many of the comments are acting like all we have to do is to be in position to trade up for a QB, like its a given that any draft class is going to produce an elite QB.   "Just trade up next year for our QB"  LoL.

He will be a Junior this year I believe. So he will be in the 2023 draft. A far better QB talent pool. 

It would cost more than a future 2nd. It would require some sort of extension to lower the $40million cap hit. 

Ryan still has skills. Way better footwork and mechanics than Wentz. He also won’t ignore check downs and can read defenses. Colts win at least 11 with him this past season. 

With Tampa switching QB’s. NO with cap and QB issues.  Carolina kind of a mess. Atlanta may not be open to dealing him. 

Matt Ryan would be good. 

Y'all talk of him as a statue, but ignore that Atlanta offensive line has been one of the worst in the league for years. 

If you are unhappy with Colts LT position, you should think about how bad Ryan's pass protection has been. 

Ryan would be instant upgrade to the level of competing in playoffs and would last for few years until you draft a franchise QB. 

Only fault I'd say in Matt Ryan's game  would be his lack of situational awareness and tendency to take sacks in crucial situations and field positions, but with better protection who knows he may clean up some of his deficiencies. 

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Replace Matt Ryan with Kirk Cousins and I say yes. At least we could get 5 years out of Cousins and make a possible run. Ryan is too old IMO to do that with and starting to decline last year a bit already.

You would be so frustrated with Cousins. The guy is not a winner. He taught me what playing not to lose was. He will put up glowing stats but he does not understand situational football. He seems afraid in situations where the blame would be put on him if he loses.

Well, Ryan did play well in first half of the Super Bowl.. 

In the second half, it looked more like the coaches wanted to just not lose, not make mistakes and just hold on to the lead, which played right into how Brady likes to come back in the game. 

I'd put that second half mishap more on Kyle Shanahan or Dan Quinn, probably the head coach's decision to sit on 28 points hoping the defense could contain for two more quarters. 

Players later admitted that they were celebrating in the locker room at half time, and the overall mood then was that the game couldn't anyway be lost with that type of lead. 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd put that second half mishap more on Kyle Shanahan

Shanahan's recent playoff 4th quarter results:

SB 51: Shanahan 0, NE 19

SB 54: Shanahan 0, KC 21

NFC Final 2022: Shanahan 0, LA 13

And in SB54, he chose to sit on 90+seconds of scoreable time before halftime.

10 minutes ago, waterdog said:

Shanahan's recent playoff 4th quarter results:

SB 51: Shanahan 0, NE 19

SB 54: Shanahan 0, KC 21

NFC Final 2022: Shanahan 0, LA 13

And in SB54, he chose to sit on 90+seconds of scoreable time before halftime.

Yes, I was following, seems like it has repeated so often it cannot be anymore set aside as coincidence. 

25 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, I was following, seems like it has repeated so often it cannot be anymore set aside as coincidence. 

More 4th quarters:

2022 Wild: Shanahan 0, Dallas 10

2020 NFC: Shanahan 3, Packers 13

2020 Div: Shanahan 3, Vikings 3

2022 NFC: Shanahan 10, Packers 3

but 7 of that 10 was GB punt blocked in for TD+PAT

His offense doesn't score much in 4th quarters.

Maybe it's something as simple as conditioning.

I like Matt Ryan and I think he'd be an upgrade over Wentz overall but I voted no.

We are probably a playoff team with Matt Ryan but we still have no shot of going deep. I'd rather just hold onto Wentz and the 2nd rounder.

With that being said, it very much looks like the front office have no interest in keeping Wentz and will almost certainly trade him. There are very few viable options out there and this trade wouldn't be the worst.

Basically, I wouldn't make this trade if I was Ballard but if Ballard does make this trade I won't be mad.

The "no"'s here are a bit perplexing to me, not gonna lie. We need and frankly deserve to be all in right now. This is an all in move. The guy is a borderline (I say no, but can't argue with the numbers) HOF QB. What am I missing? You can say his numbers were down last season, but weren't Phillip's numbers down before we brought him in? I'm not going off any numbers here, just memory, but I'm pretty sure Matt Ryan was better last year than Phil was his last season with the Chargers. And with a unarguably worse offense.

Seeing JT run wild beside a young project QB will drive me mad. Give me 2-4 years of Matt Ryan.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:15 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know about the Ohio State kid, but Young, from Alabama, is said to be 5’11” and 200.    Still interested? 

I really hadnt watched as much on Young as I had with OSU QB,

Young has a very strong arm, accurate, and quick release

He also seems pretty mobile as well

So.... I like him more today than yesterday

I hope he puts on 20 lbs, or he MIGHT get broken in the NFL

Drew Brees was a short guy.... but Young DOES need to add some weight to hold up

Archived