Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Dodds interviewing for Steelers GM

Restinpeacesweetchloe

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Uncertainty at QB, but a solid organization with a pretty talented team and experienced coaching staff.

Yeah, that job has the perfect blend of stability, talent on the roster and an opportunity for him to make his stamp on the roster by picking his QB of the future. I feel like it's actually one of the best jobs out there. 

If there was an organization to leave here for the Steelers have to be high on that list. I’m not a fan but you have to appreciate their ownership, fanbase, and to each there own but I’m a HUGE Tomlin fan.

If he has desires to be a GM I don’t see him passing on this position if offered.

Sucks because he seems so dang cool and knowledgeable in everything I’ve seen him in.

42 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It sure seems like Dodds is having a hard time getting a job.  He’s had a lot of interviews.  Maybe he just doesn’t interview well.

Rumor is he was going to be very picky where he goes. I think though opportunities are going to dry up and teams will quit asking for a interview if he keeps pulling out. He is still up for the Steelers job. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Rumor is he was going to be very picky where he goes. I think though opportunities are going to dry up and teams will quit asking for a interview if he keeps pulling out. He is still up for the Steelers job. 

That's a stretch. People said the same thing regarding McDaniels

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

It sure seems like Dodds is having a hard time getting a job.  He’s had a lot of interviews.  Maybe he just doesn’t interview well.

I think the Steelers are taking their time. Their GM isn't retiring until after the draft, so they don't have to rush. I would think this would be the job Dodds would go all out for. If he doesn't get this one, his approach might change moving forward.

He's also still young and has plenty of time on the clock.

35 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think the Steelers are taking their time. Their GM isn't retiring until after the draft, so they don't have to rush. I would think this would be the job Dodds would go all out for. If he doesn't get this one, his approach might change moving forward.

He's also still young and has plenty of time on the clock.

You are right and they should take their time.  They are entering a transitional period where if they want continued success they need to get it all right. They have a fantastic coach and a premiere edge rusher with a few other pieces to build around.  They need to hit on their next QB decision. Not sure if they will bring in a stop gap like Jimmy G while they try to draft the next guy or do a full rebuild.  Will be interesting to see how they transition to life after Ben. 

Archived