Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow. Luck back in Lucas Oil

IrsaysArmy

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

This tweet was in one of the comments and for some reasson I cannot stop laughing at it.  (Caution: Language!). 

Mods: Sorry it automatically embeds the tweet, otherwise I'd just have provided a link!

Too funny, Kevin Bowen said he still lives in Indy. He could add 20 pounds and with the right training within 5 or 6 games he would the Andrew we would remember on the field. I know it, and many do, RG3 even knows it - I could tell by the way RG3 was acting. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, MPStack said:

I didn’t care that he retired, it was the way he did it. You do not throw the ball around like you going to be suiting up for another season, and then the following week, do a retirement press conference. 

Agree, least he could have don was not take Irsay's money and run....  he did the Colts wrong

4 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Agree, least he could have don was not take Irsay's money and run....  he did the Colts wrong

It’s water under the bridge now, but I’m sure they all had an idea he was considering retiring before tossing the pigskin in front of excited fans. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

It’s water under the bridge now, but I’m sure they all had an idea he was considering retiring before tossing the pigskin in front of excited fans. 

Not so sure. I think he was rehabbing the lower leg injury in hopes of returning to play, but also contemplating retirement in his head. He thought that this could realistically be the last time he throws a football as a pro QB (during the Browns preseason game warm ups), so he went out there to fully enjoy the experience in case his leg did not start to heal. It didn't.

The next week he informed the Front Office and coaches about his decision to retire.

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

Not so sure. I think he was rehabbing the lower leg injury in hopes of returning to play, but also contemplating retirement in his head. He thought that this could realistically be the last time he throws a football as a pro QB (during the Browns preseason game warm ups), so he went out there to fully enjoy the experience in case his leg did not start to heal. It didn't.

The next week he informed the Front Office and coaches about his decision to retire.

I don’t think we’ll ever know the full story IMO. Luck was great and I never had a problem with him retiring. 

Just now, MPStack said:

I don’t think we’ll ever know the full story IMO. Luck was great and I never had a problem with him retiring. 

Agreed. I don't know if we will ever now the full story. But we do have testimony from Luck and we do have records of events from newspapers that help to piece some of it together.

Here's a good one on just the timeline of events. I like it because the writer does not contaminate the story with anything personal, just the timeline of how things occurred.

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sports-news/colts/timeline-of-andrew-luck-deciding-to-retire-from-the-nfl/

5 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I’m most likely wrong but it just seems to me that he had/has some demons. Whether it be mental illness or abuse. He doesn’t look all that well either. Still love him though 

We remember Luck as 6'4' 240 lbs. of muscle. That was Luck the football player.

We now see a 6'4" lanky guy with a goofy mustache and compare him with our memory of him. To us, he looks thinner and therefor maybe unhealthy, but overall he's fine. Just not what we remember.

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

We now see a 6'4" lanky guy with a goofy mustache and compare him with our memory of him. To us, he looks thinner and therefor maybe unhealthy, but overall he's fine. Just not what we remember.

Yea most likely. His face is super skinny 

5 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He is on a non-football diet and living life. To be at football weight you need to be heavier to take hits. If he put on 20 pounds he would like the old Andrew. He isn't sick or anything lol.

22 minutes ago, MPStack said:

No one here knows what goes on behind the scenes.

It's all speculation.  

It seems he and Irsay are on good terms. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey what's up friend. Andrew today is better than Wentz, anyone that thinks otherwise needs a brain scan :lol:

No one said he wasn’t or isn’t. But one thing Wentz has over Luck is Wentz didn’t quit(aka retire) mid game, on the Eve of the regular season. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You just hate the way he left, by the way I do too. Having said that Wentz isn't better, I wish he was. Go Colts.

I’ve never said Wentz was better... in fact I said the opposite, in the very post you quoted...

17 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Here is his interview  He is still a big dork lol.

Yup, a Big Dork.   Always has been, always will be.   But he’s as sincere as can be.   He’s just as private as can be.  Notice he does almost no interviews.   He did zero endorsements his first few years,  and when he finally did, they were local, not national.   And when he finally did national, he wasn’t the featured guy, he’d be one of many.   

He’s a dork.   From his flip phone to driving his older Honda Accord, to biking around Indy.  But he always stops and signs autographs and poses for pictures with fans.  He’s a really good guy,  that’s why former teammates loved him then and still love him today.  

16 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

We’ll never know why Andrew abruptly retired but there’s more to the story then what he told us. And that’s fine. 

I saw him in an interview and he was asked that question.

He said he was constantly in pain and did not want to live his life like that anymore.

I guess the cycle of being in pain and having to take pain killers.

17 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

We’ll never know why Andrew abruptly retired but there’s more to the story then what he told us. And that’s fine. 

Oh….  Now Luck's retirement where he explained why is a Conspiracy Theory!!?!  

“But there’s more to the story than he told us….”

And this viewpoint is based on based on what again?   

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Greatest football story ever written was if RG3 trained Luck in a different way and we won the SB next year to keep in shape. Like in Rocky 3 how Apollo trained Rocky to beat Clubber. RG3 is faster and a quick release too. I am day dreaming but you have to admit that would be unreal. RG3 was great in college and in his rookie season so he is no joke. Something that stood out to me was when RG3 said, where you been man? He looked at him like what WTH

Luck could be back next year a random guy on Twitter said his girlfriends friends sister heard he will meet with jimmy from the colts soon . 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh….  Now Luck's retirement where he explained why is a Conspiracy Theory!!?!  

“But there’s more to the story than he told us….”

And this viewpoint is based on based on what again?   

No conspiracy. Just a couple things that I’ve thought about for a while. 

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

He said he was constantly in pain and did not want to live his life like that anymore.

Yes, a big part of my theory revolves around him and pain killers.

18 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

No conspiracy. Just a couple things that I’ve thought about for a while. 

Yes, a big part of my theory revolves around him and pain killers.

If you’re wondering if Luck is addicted to pain killers, my best guess would be no.  But I’d add that being on them for four straight years was certainly worrisome to him.   How many more years before he might’ve become addicted?   Could it happen to him?   I think the drug problems in this country show it can happen to anyone.

Even a nice guy and certified dork like Andrew Luck. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you’re wondering if Luck is addicted to pain killers, my best guess would be no.  But I’d add that being on them for four straight years was certainly worrisome to him.   How many more years before he might’ve become addicted?   Could it happen to him?   I think the drug problems in this country show it can happen to anyone.

Even a nice guy and certified dork like Andrew Luck. 

100%. 

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is on a non-football diet and living life. To be at football weight you need to be heavier to take hits. If he put on 20 pounds he would like the old Andrew. He isn't sick or anything lol.

I think everyone is just so used to seeing him as a football player that when he loses the weight that he had kept just for playing football he looks like he's sick.

21 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

When you already have 100 million dollars or whatever, why continue to take the beating on your body and be in pain all the time just so you can make more millions of dollars.  

He can live comfortably for the rest of his life without ever having to work.  

The other thing about Andrew that struck me was I sort of got the feeling that Andrew chose the NFL over being an Architect because the NFL pays better.  So I think for a lot of guys in the NFL, playing in the NFL is all they ever wanted to do growing up.  With Andrew I don't think you can say that.  The NFL was a means to an end.  So he was never attached to it to the point that he would ride it out to the very end.    

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I miss Luck a lot. I miss that feeling when watching him play, that even when we were losing there was always a chance with him. And against the Chiefs he proved no lead over us was truly safe. Just like that he could get us back into the game. The good 'ole days... 

It was the same with Peyton.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:52 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Greatest football story ever written was if RG3 trained Luck in a different way and we won the SB next year to keep in shape. Like in Rocky 3 how Apollo trained Rocky to beat Clubber. RG3 is faster and a quick release too. I am day dreaming but you have to admit that would be unreal. RG3 was great in college and in his rookie season so he is no joke. Something that stood out to me was when RG3 said, where you been man? He looked at him like what WTH

In the rocky universe is Apollo the GOAT?  Rocky’s only desire in the first is to go the distance.  He does and loses that fight to Apollo.  He beats him in the rematch but Apollo is really at the end of his career.  I think that is is only loss (except of course his loss of life but that was just an exhibition Lol). 

On 1/11/2022 at 2:52 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

In the rocky universe is Apollo the GOAT?  Rocky’s only desire in the first is to go the distance.  He does and loses that fight to Apollo.  He beats him in the rematch but Apollo is really at the end of his career.  I think that is is only loss (except of course his loss of life but that was just an exhibition Lol). 

I could care less about Luck at LOS but please keep the Rocky analogies going… :D

rocky balboa win GIF by Rocky

Best Friends Reaction GIF by Rocky

Archived