Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow. Luck back in Lucas Oil

IrsaysArmy

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

He seems happy. Glad he’s able to cherish those moments with his little one. Being a dad is the best job. 

Especially when someone says "nah, just walkout on the next several years I advanced you tens of millions for".... "Oh, the advance, shoot....y'know, just keep it". Yeah.....being that dad is definitely the best job.  Lol.  

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s here, I’m sure, because he’s been elected into the College Football Hall of Fame. 

We should kidnap him, Just joking  of course. He was so clutch and a great talent. I was looking at a lot of lists and many lists had him as a top 50 QB of all-time in the NFL. That was based on winning %, talent, and 4 playoff wins. I think he is too. Regarding college he is top 10.

5 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Especially when someone says "nah, just walkout on the next several years I advanced you tens of millions for".... "Oh, the advance, shoot....y'know, just keep it". Yeah.....being that dad is definitely the best job.  Lol.  

He enjoys his life being a girl dad but he looked sad for a brief moment when Joe T was talking to him. Like when Superman gave up his powers in Superman 2, the cook said where you been on a desert island haha . RG3 said the same thing, where you been?

Greatest football story ever written was if RG3 trained Luck in a different way and we won the SB next year to keep in shape. Like in Rocky 3 how Apollo trained Rocky to beat Clubber. RG3 is faster and a quick release too. I am day dreaming but you have to admit that would be unreal. RG3 was great in college and in his rookie season so he is no joke. Something that stood out to me was when RG3 said, where you been man? He looked at him like what WTH

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should kidnap him, Just joking  of course. He was so clutch and a great talent. I was looking at a lot of lists and many lists had him as a top 50 QB of all-time in the NFL. That was based on winning %, talent, and 4 playoff wins. I think he is too. Regarding college he is top 10.

For me, the sad thing is I think all of us barely saw the best version of Andrew Luck.  

I said it at least once every year I’ve been here that Luck was never, ever EVER going to be as good as Peyton.  But all he had to be the best version of Andrew Luck.  I think we saw flashes every year, but I think his best year was 2018.  I think Frank was the perfect HC for Luck.  I think they would’ve been good for each other.   

Sigh….  Sometimes Sports are just not fair….

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

For me, the sad thing is I think all of us barely saw the best version of Andrew Luck.  

I said it at least once every year I’ve been here that Luck was never, ever EVER going to be as good as Peyton.  But all he had to be the best version of Andrew Luck.  I think we saw flashes every year, but I think his best year was 2018.  I think Frank was the perfect HC for Luck.  I think they would’ve been good for each other.   

Sigh….  Sometimes Sports are just not fair….

I never thought he would be better than Peyton either but I know he could still be a top 10 QB ever if he wanted it. I will always think that. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Greatest football story ever written was if RG3 trained Luck in a different way and we won the SB next year to keep in shape. Like in Rocky 3 how Apollo trained Rocky to beat Clubber. RG3 is faster and a quick release too. I am day dreaming but you have to admit that would be unreal. RG3 was great in college and in his rookie season so he is no joke. Something that stood out to me was when RG3 said, where you been man? He looked at him like what WTH

RG3….    Train Luck?!?     Huh?!?

Sorry,  that doesn’t even register with me.  Not even a little.  

Forgive me, I think you need a LONG night of good sleep!    See you on the flip-side!   :thmup:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

RG3….    Train Luck?!?     Huh?!?

Sorry,  that doesn’t even register with me.  Not even a little.  

Forgive me, I think you need a LONG night of good sleep!    See you on the flip-side!   :thmup:

Let me have some fun after Sunday's debacle. Having said that RG3 was a well trained athlete that won many games. He was good until his injury.

All it takes is his wife saying go play Andrew but she never will = Boooooooo. If she said that he would come back. A missed chance at greatness that is I would never miss if I had his talent and size. A friend of mine was 6'8 when I used to play basketball, I schooled him at 5'8 because I could shoot and was great for my size. If I was 6'8 I would've played Division 1 basketball easily, maybe gone pro. I used to shoot 1000 shots a day from 24 feet out and could make 60 out of 100 on a daily basis and I am nobody. I could probably still hit 40 out 100 after drinking 6 beers at 50 years old and I haven't shot a ball in 10 years. Andrew wasting his talent is very disappointing but I get it. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All it takes is his wife saying go play Andrew but she never will = Boooooooo. If she said that he would come back. A missed chance at greatness that is I would never miss if I had his talent and size. A friend of mine was 6'8 when I used to play basketball, I schooled him at 5'8 because I could shoot and was great for my size. If I was 6'8 I would've played Division 1 basketball easily, maybe gone pro. I used to shoot 1000 shots a day from 24 feet out and could make 60 out of 100 on a daily basis and I am nobody. I could probably still hit 40 out 100 after drinking 6 beers at 50 years old and I haven't shot a ball in 10 years. Andrew wasting his talent is very disappointing but I get it. 

I don’t think Luck’s wife is what is keeping him from coming back.   I’ve never read or heard anything to make me think that.  Luck talked about being in continuous pain for 4 straight years.  As you know, Luck comes from a football family so I think he understands the normal wear and tear a QB deals with.  But at some point,  I think he realized he no longer was willing to live with continuous pain.  The negative long-term implications just became too great.  

I think if Luck wanted to play, Nicole would say “have fun!”.   But it sure seems like he’s loving life as a dad and husband.  I think he’s made his peace with what might’ve been.  He doesn’t strike me as a guy who loses sleep over what might’ve been.  He’s wired different from most people.   If he’s happy, then I’m happy for him.   

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

We deserve all the misery at QB for how this fanbase treated Luck and continues to treat him now. It's * embarrassing. 

I mean, Luck retiring with the parting gift of millions really did a number on the Colts.  I don’t fault anybody for being salty about it.  This current team’s performance and outlook would be exponentially higher if Luck not quit.

1 hour ago, Nate! said:

I mean, Luck retiring with the parting gift of millions really did a number on the Colts.  

Agree. It totally screwed us up. BTW, it's Irsay's money, he decided to give it to him and not contest it, not any of us. I don't mind that. I certainly prefer it to the way some other franchises have treated their long-standing players. 

1 hour ago, Nate! said:

I don’t fault anybody for being salty about it.  This current team’s performance and outlook would be exponentially higher if Luck not quit.

I agree. This team might actually be a legit contender with Luck now. This doesn't mean you have to boo him off the field the day he retires. Like he was trying to hurt you on purpose or to screw up the franchise on purpose. I bet you it was much harder for him than for any of us. He's been working his whole life to be an NFL QB... and a great one at that... and the previous management and coaching staff drained any will to play from him. And it's not like he was some selfish prima donna or an *of a person. He was everything you could ask from the face of your franchise and more.

This was a huge mess of a situation. Luck was trying until the end to come back and play. THis is the very reason his retirement was so late in the off-season. He was trying multiple times to ramp up his work and multiple times was suffering setbacks. The fact that this fanbase couldn't figure out that the blame had to be place in a completely different place rather than at Luck's feet was and continues to be mind-boggling to me. In essence what we did is we blamed the victim and booed him off-stage. That's what happened. Quite honestly a big part of this spoiled and entitled fanbase deserves to never see a QB of that calibre ever again. 

27 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Screw that guy. We are where we are because of him.

No we are where we are(in regards to the QB position) because of years of neglect and horrendous decisions by the former GM and HC and because of the decisions made by the current management for our current QB. Stop blaming the victim. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think Luck’s wife is what is keeping him from coming back.   I’ve never read or heard anything to make me think that.  Luck talked about being in continuous pain for 4 straight years.  As you know, Luck comes from a football family so I think he understands the normal wear and tear a QB deals with.  But at some point,  I think he realized he no longer was willing to live with continuous pain.  The negative long-term implications just became too great.  

I think if Luck wanted to play, Nicole would say “have fun!”.   But it sure seems like he’s loving life as a dad and husband.  I think he’s made his peace with what might’ve been.  He doesn’t strike me as a guy who loses sleep over what might’ve been.  He’s wired different from most people.   If he’s happy, then I’m happy for him.   

Fair enough, I love Luck either way. I respect his life's path. I just miss him. All I was really saying is if his wife said go play, I think he may, but that is just an opinion.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he quit but isn't as simple as that. If we didn't have a * as GM he would've went down as top 15 or 10 QB of all-time.

I don’t mind a guy saving his body. Perfectly acceptable. I mind not giving any notice to your employer so they can plan. It’s like when someone doesn’t give their 2 weeks notice. It’s cruddy.

6 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

I don’t mind a guy saving his body. Perfectly acceptable. I mind not giving any notice to your employer so they can plan. It’s like when someone doesn’t give their 2 weeks notice. It’s cruddy.

The way he retired stunk, I agree. He should've announced it after the loss to KC. Having said that he is still better than Wentz.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

We deserve all the misery at QB for how this fanbase treated Luck and continues to treat him now. It's * embarrassing. 

There are only a handful of Colts fan that treat Luck poorly. The few dudes that still call him a quitter are just overly attached losers that think Luck owes them his body until he became a cripple. It was obvious his body was breaking down from all his injuries and that he set a limit on retiring when he got his next season ending injury. When he was on the field he always gave you his all and then some. He wasn't a diva (ever in his career) that quit to join another team or something like that. His body was just done, which happens with all the punishment he took. Crappy timing on his retirement, but he doesn't control when he got re-injured. He retired on a rather high note with the team, so it wasn't like he was quitting a bad situation either.

I still hate Adam Schefter for his timing in announcing Lucks retirement in a middle of a preseason game so that everyone in the NFL thinks those drunk losers equate the Colts fanbase. The news was supposed to have happened the next day.

I'm just happy to see him in good spirits and wish him nothing but the best.

Archived