Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich Presser

EastStreet

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

You embarrassed yourself Frank. You let down a whole fan base. 

Damn straight he did. After three amazing weeks on inspired play, he let his team and coaches come out the last two weeks like it was preseason games... no fire. 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Trying to find the vid, but it was milk served with soggy toast. 

"we'll need to reflect" lol

Will post as soon as it's up

Good

Question: what is the biggest choke job in sports history?

the Knicks against the Pacers when the Knicks allow Reggie Miller to score 8 points in 10 seconds to win the game

or

A colts team that beat three of the top contenders for the Super Bowl, before getting their butts blown out by a 2-14 Jags team?!?

frank is like chuck a players coach who is a really nice guy and  i want him to be the guy .  i just dont know if his offense is working its to predictable and doesnt try play action with over the middle throws .  with line backers playing the run that is wide open passing lanes the titans do it non stop and it makes tannehill look like he doesnt stink when he really does .

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

the Knicks against the Pacers when the Knicks allow Reggie Miller to score 8 points in 10 seconds to win the game

or

A colts team that beat three of the top contenders for the Super Bowl, before getting their butts blown out by a 2-14 Jags team?!?

I'll pick the Colts!!!

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

or

I have to say Reich pulled a Kuuuuuush lmao . Frank Kush that is and Wentz pulled a Pagel.

marcus brady is a massive down grade from nick .   i was thought he would be great because he likes deep shots the problem is he doesnt like the quick passing game that we had last year under nick .   its all longer throws that take time and wentz is not good at them because he stares down guys and has bad timing .

Just now, coming on strong said:

marcus brady is a massive down grade from nick .   i was thought he would be great because he likes deep shots the problem is he doesnt like the quick passing game that we had last year under nick .   its all longer throws that take time and wentz is not good at them because he stares down guys and has bad timing .

What makes u think if it is Marcus calling the plays or Mr. REICH

Reich won’t get us there. This season proves it more than any preceding season. Why? Because Ballard went out and got Reich’s QB. Then, when it was continually determined that the strength of this team was almost virtually always in the hands of #28 he consistently didn’t game plan to use the run game to our advantage. He continually said “Wentz is the guy” and he put it on him a few too many times. Wentz wasn’t horrible this season… in many aspects he did well, but bottom line is the play calling put it in the hands of others not numbered #28. Wentz just couldn’t get it done, many times in crucial spots. Reich is also ultimately responsible for the defense an area that continually under impressed us over and over again. Reich could have made some changes in the year but he didn’t. He pretty much stuck with every thing he did that lost us about as many games as we won. If it weren’t for #28 we’d be sitting at 4-13 probably. No question Reich lost us more games with bad coaching decisions and game planning IMO than we won because of him. The record of 9-8 doesn’t mean Reich won us all 9 games by his stellar coaching, but he also didn’t lose us 8 games by the same token. But we lost more games than we won as a result of his play calling and questionable decisions. 

I just want a different head coach and defensive coordinator and I’d be very happy. Who? I don’t know I really don’t. But I’d say Chris Petersen is someone I think would do very well in the pro system. Is there anyone here who would chose say Reich over Vrabel? I wouldn’t. But again, who can we get is the question and regardless there is no guarantee. Same goes for keeping Reich or letting him go. No guarantees. Just have to use the best available data to decide. 5 years of mediocre play despite making the playoffs still isn’t enough. Too many 1 and dones.

Losing to the Titans, Bucs, Ravens and Raiders is one thing.  Those are good teams.  Losing to the Jags is just hard to comprehend.   I  was not taking this team for granted since they always play us tough but I was not expecting to be so thoroughly outplayed in all facets of this game today.  Team needs to make upgrades in several areas. On offense we need a  pass catching TE and big play WR. We need to look at LT spot. Fisher was average at best.  We need to find a better way to use Hines in this offense. We paid him a lot of money to be used so sparingly.  I will give Wentz a pass. We need to find  the right scheme for him to excel in.  We cannot just win games based on JT. 

On defense, we need  help a corner and safety. We can alway use more  pass rush and I am hoping that Paye and Dayo are part of the Answer. 

This roster will see turnover. Hilton and Doyle likely retire. Pascal is probably gone along with Mack (not sure why we signed him if he was going to be inactive most of the season).  Colts will likely transition away from Rhodes and Carrie. Rock and Rogers have played well but we need more help at corner.  We missed Blackmon at Safety and we can use some playmakers at the safety spot.  Team needs to upgrade through draft and FA market and have a good draft without a #1.

At this point there's nothing he CAN say that we haven't heard before!! Unless he says he's giving up playcalling, moving in a different direction on defense by starting with the dc, testing the waters on a possible new qb, upgrading on some key positions ACROSS the board in order to compete and look into bringing in some fiery players!!!! (on the field only) This team lacks intensity....

Just now, coming on strong said:

i never said he was i said the offense changed under marcus from last year .  look at the offense in 2017 under reich  marcus added his blue print and it went down hill .

Maybe offense changed maybe QB changed who knows is it Rivers effect or Wentz effect? Or OC? 

the main problem now is reich is still convinced carson doesnt stink and will never bench him .  he will force every one to ride wentz until the stench comes off .  this will lead to multiple 500 seasons  and all our stars will be pushing 30 by the time frank gives up on wentz .   the eagles realized wentz stinks and drafted his replacement and had the stones to bench him and the offense improved .

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacks won their SB, what can I say. 

You should continue to apologize for jinxing the team. Like you, the Colts underestimated their opponent today. Shame on anyone foolish enough to not take their opponents seriously. 

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

The short to intermediate throws were there all year. Wentz wouldn’t pull the trigger.   So much so that we just abandoned calling that crossing route that Pittman broke out with all the yac last year.  They called it and Wentz would never throw the dang ball.  He’d linger elsewhere and then throw the deep corner route while pressured and the crosser would be wide opened in front of him. Wide open.  That’s Brady’s fault?  

And you’re crediting Sirianni when he had a Hall of Fame QB in Rivers last year?  I’m sure Nick taught Phillip so much about offense last season…. Come on man.  The problem is Wentz & Reich.  If we let Brady call the plays, then we would know whether he needs to be canned too.  But as of now, he’d just be the scapegoat for Frank & Carson’s failures.

We saw the QB, but sure lets put this on the HC. 

You'd think Colts fans would know what a good QB looks like by now.

Blame Reich all you want, i'll hold his feet to the fire for choosing to die with this QB. I'd rather have had Eason or Ehlinger and called 2021 a dead season, retained the 1st rounder and built for 2022. However i'm not the GM, and in this league you have to compete. Wentz almost got them in but his nature got the better of him. Properly bad QB. 

The 2022 class is supposedly a bad QB class so maybe the answer isn't there but if the Colts can make a run at Rodgers or Russell (who's had a dismal season), they need to. Seen enough of Wentz

I don't recall last time seeing Colts players so frustrated specially their D, Darius foul, and we are talking about character players drafted by Ballard who does not do ill advised foul but were frustrated today so I wonder how or what or if anything will be changed this offseason

Will be interested offseason let's hope

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

or

28-3 is the biggest choke job as it was the Superbowl. End of discussion

Just now, Smoke317 said:

The short to intermediate throws were there all year. Wentz wouldn’t pull the trigger.   So much so that we just abandoned calling that crossing route that Pittman broke out with all the yac last year.  They called it and Wentz would never throw the dang ball.  He’d linger elsewhere and then throw the deep corner route while pressured and the crosser would be wide opened in front of him. Wide open.  That’s Brady’s fault?  

And you’re crediting Sirianni when he had a Hall of Fame QB in Rivers last year?  I’m sure Nick taught Phillip so much about offense last season…. Come on man.  The problem is Wentz & Reich.  If we let Brady call the plays, then we would know whether he needs to be canned too.  But as of now, he’d just be the scapegoat for Frank & Carson’s failures.

its a well known fact wentz stinks  but the offense did look different this year .  could be wentz ignoring the short routes and trying to throw to pittman in double coverage every play .   frank wanted wentz think he could get him to stop stinking but it failed wentz has stunk up the whole locker room .  did you see tys face during the game ? every time he is open and wentz is throwing to his first read who is always being covered .  ty could smell the stink from a mile away .  He is probably mad at frank for acting like wentz would make the luck years return .

Archived