Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts current Covid list 12/28

GoColts8818

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I think the one we are all waiting on now is Taylor….

The 5 day window now is amazing news league-wide, but you just don’t want it to happen on a day where it will cost you a game, like I dunno, the Thursday before the first round of the playoffs.

I don’t wish illness on anyone, but the selfish football fan in me kinda wants Taylor to just go ahead and test positive on like Monday next week to just get it outa the way and deffo be ready for playoffs.

Taylor is vaccinated there is no 5 day waiting period for vaccinated players he could play the next day if he has no fever 

11 hours ago, Shive said:

I get that and that's why it's still open. I just wanted to make it clear that if it gets turned into the same old vaxx vs anti-vaxx kerfuffle, it'll be locked.

As a poster, I appreciate the info. As a mod, my eye starts twitching....lol

And we don't want your eye to start twitching.  It scares the cats.

I assume that with the 5 day quarantine policy regardless of vax status, and no symptoms, combined with the natural 7 day NFL game schedule, that most teams will have all of their starters for all remaining games unless they really screwed up the timing of when they report their sniffles.

Maybe one or two players here and there?

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I assume that with the 5 day quarantine policy regardless of vax status, and no symptoms, combined with the natural 7 day NFL game schedule, that most teams will have all of their starters for all remaining games unless they really screwed up the timing of when they report their sniffles.

Pretty much true for the vaccinated. They will still be subject to random tests but the only other way for them to be tested I believe is if they self report symptoms or are a close contact. I believe unvaccinated are still being tested daily. So if any of them test positive from a specimen collected Wednesday forward, they are out of the game. 

I think we will still being see some positives across the league this week for unvaccinated. The holiday spread hasn’t stopped just yet. 

46 minutes ago, Nadine said:

FYI, it was not just one person that caused the other thread to be closed. 

Also, we don't stir up drama between boards

Finally, we have a covid thread and an NFL policy thread.  I don't see much reason for this thread

Because cycling through 15 pages of back and forth just to see this list is annoying…..

28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Good point here. Make sure to report it by Tuesday lol. I think the random tests are on Monday.

The league did I what I wanted it to do, too bad none of this will affect us (sarcasm - this is why I never panic )because our key players can play come Sunday now. The NFL is smart and knows putting the best product on the field is the best way to go. Wentz, Leonard, and Nelson all can play Sunday. Taylor needs to stay away from everyone Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, cjrulli said:

Pretty much true for the vaccinated. They will still be subject to random tests but the only other way for them to be tested I believe is if they self report symptoms or are a close contact. I believe unvaccinated are still being tested daily. So if any of them test positive from a specimen collected Wednesday forward, they are out of the game. 

I think we will still being see some positives across the league this week for unvaccinated. The holiday spread hasn’t stopped just yet. 

I'm confused.  The symptoms of omicron do not include fever.  So if someone has the sniffles and a sore throat, the NFL is drawing a distinction between sniffles and sore throat due to Omicron and sniffles and sore throat due to a cold or allergies?

I'm unsure of the point.   Afraid of transmitting cold like symptoms to other players?  Seems like a weird goal.

So, like you say,  every unvaxed player can become ineligible to play if their daily testing shows covid-caused sniffles after Wednesday.  So it would be difficult for a team to know who is available because , in theory, every unvaxed player could have a positive test on Saturday.

Availability is still not based upon whether or not a player is too sick to play on game day, but rather on if unvaxxed players had cold like symptoms 4 days before game day.   

The good news about these new rules is o think next season we can expect no more protocols. To me this omicron variant is weird and seems like just a common head cold. NFL admitted that yesterday. So why make them sit out at all for a head cold. If they never had a fever let them play.I guess the big thing to worry about is if this is truly just a head cold can Wentz get it again. My neighbor just tested positive twice in a five week period. That is strange. She had symptoms both times.

33 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He was positive. Yesterday one of the national media guys said everyone that went on list in the NFL yesterday was from a positive test.

So if he tests positive....actually has Omicron on a given day..... he then continues to test daily to see if he is negative?   And then is allowed to play after so many negative tests, right?

His playing time is not governed by how he feels, but by how he tests?  and what are those rules specifically for those who test positive 5 days before a game?

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So if he tests positive....actually has Omicron on a given day..... he then continues to test daily to see if he is negative?   And then is allowed to play after so many negative tests, right?

His playing time is not governed by how he feels, but by how he tests?  and what are those rules specifically for those who test positive 5 days before a game?

No. He doesn’t need a negative test to return. Just reduced symptoms and no fever for 24 hrs.

In the other thread, I said I doubt Wentz would be able to play on Sunday, but that was before I read the new rules. IMO there is a high chance that him and everyone that has tested positive thus far will play this Sunday. The NFL just dropped all pretense about caring about COVID. Now players don't need to test negative anymore. They don't need to even be symptom free... they just need to "show improvement" and not have fever. It's kind of astounding, but ... at the same time you have to admire the unadulterated and unvarnished shamelessness and cynicism here... :hat: 

Purely football-wise, in a weird way the Colts might have gotten most of their most important players through COVID in the best timeframe. Our OL and QB, our star LB... will not even be bothered to test anymore until the end of the season and won't be in danger of missing any important games. 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

In the other thread, I said I doubt Wentz would be able to play on Sunday, but that was before I read the new rules. IMO there is a high chance that him and everyone that has tested positive thus far will play this Sunday. The NFL just dropped all pretense about caring about COVID. Now players don't need to test negative anymore. They don't need to even be symptom free... they just need to "show improvement" and not have fever. It's kind of astounding, but ... at the same time you have to admire the unadulterated and unvarnished shamelessness and cynicism here... :hat: 

Purely football-wise, in a weird way the Colts might have gotten most of their most important players through COVID in the best timeframe. Our OL and QB, our star LB... will not even be bothered to test anymore until the end of the season and won't be in danger of missing any important games. 

They are following CDC guidelines

So, at this point, if the player practices or plays based upon the severity of his symptoms, and nothing else, what is the point of continuing to label a player as being Covid positive or negative, or vaxed or unvaxxed? 

Why have a covid reserve list, and not just the normal "out with flu like symptoms" like they've done since about 1980?

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So, at this point, if the player practices or plays based upon the severity of his symptoms, and nothing else, what is the point of continuing to label a player as being Covid positive or negative, or vaxed or unvaxxed? 

Why have a covid reserve list, and not just the normal "out with flu like symptoms" like they've done since about 1980?

They shouldn’t have to quarantine for 5 days at all unless they have fevers or a severe case. You are right. So now if a player gets a cold again they will need to be tested and could have it again if it is indeed a cold and omicron.

Reminder that this thread is specifically for discussing the Colts players on the list and those that have come off. Any discussion of Covid outside of that will be removed from the thread, because that's how these threads go off the rails.

Anyone that continues to derail this thread will be issued a warning.

Can we try to keep this on track please?  If people want to talk about Covid there are two threads for that.  This is about tracking guys going on and coming off the Covid list.  I’d hate to see this locked when it was designed to just share information.

Heres the updated list of guys on the Covid list:

Wentz

Leonard

Smith

Willis

Carrie

Pascal

Jefferson

Mack

Aldae

Wilcox

Morgan