Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Demaryius Thomas Dead at 33

pgt_rob

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-broncos-pro-bowl-wide-receiver-demaryius-thomas-dies-at-age-of-33

Police say that his death stemmed from a possible medical issue. May he Rest In Peace. One of the all time great Bronco’s to watch with Peyton Manning. Sad!

Really sad here in Colorado. :( One of the Broncos best WRs of all time. Helped Peyton Manning win a SB. Was famous for the catch from Tebow that won a playoff game Vs the Steelers, and also got Peyton Manning's record 55th TD catch. Great human being as well. Going to miss him. :( 

That's what I didn't understand. "Possible medical issue, nothing suspicious" The man was 33 and just finished a 10 year NFL career, what "non suspicious" medical issue could he have that lets him play in the NFL but dies at home at 33?? RIP Manning's favorite target..

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

That's what I didn't understand. "Possible medical issue, nothing suspicious" The man was 33 and just finished a 10 year NFL career, what "non suspicious" medical issue could he have that lets him play in the NFL but dies at home at 33?? RIP Manning's favorite target..

espn article mentioned seizures in the past year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32834405/former-denver-broncos-wr-demaryius-thomas-33-found-dead-home-police-say

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

My thought exactly when I read the article earlier. The word "possible" makes it sound suspicious. 

It is sad when hearing someone so young has died. May he rest in peace. My condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

3 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Medical conditions from a car accident in 2019

4 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I would veer to conspiracy theories so soon.

3 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I had a neighbor down the street, Kevin, valedictorian in High School, going to Rose Hulman for Engineering, took medications for seizures, he was found dead on his couch with his laptop on his lap. Took care of his lawn while his parents were arranging for his viewing and funeral. He beat me in a final championship game in our neighborhood fantasy league organized by another neighbor. This one really reminds me of Kevin, he had a bright future ahead of him. So sad when they go young. :( 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

My thought exactly when I read the article earlier. The word "possible" makes it sound suspicious. 

It is sad when hearing someone so young has died. May he rest in peace. My condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

Since he was found, and not with others around, they use the word possible until confirmed. 

I had a friend who died last year, and as it was an officer, his death got reported in paper and they said possible medical emergency. Not until autopsy did it get confirmed, and he was just 22. It is such a terrible thing, but they also dont want to say exactly the case until it is confirm 

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Since he was found, and not with others around, they use the word possible until confirmed. 

I had a friend who died last year, and as it was an officer, his death got reported in paper and they said possible medical emergency. Not until autopsy did it get confirmed, and he was just 22. It is such a terrible thing, but they also dont want to say exactly the case until it is confirm 

Sorry to hear. I was going to write that it may have been caused by a brain aneurysm or a seizure, but there are many people with seizures and I did not want to alarm anyone.  Seizure disorders are a lot more common than most realize, but most are well controlled with medication. 

Last summer and the summer before, I wrote that I was rooting for Alan Faneca to make the HoF, as he played his whole career with a seizure disorder. 

This is very sad to hear. To have a seizure while showering and to die. Hopefully he did not suffer, as he was probably unconscious. Rest in peace.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:13 AM, ColtJax said:

Very sad.   Everyone says he was a good kid.   But Marvin was his favorite target

Archived