Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Patriots 12/18 Saturday night game

CR91

My son and his wife are flying up from Raleigh NC to see their 1st game at LOS.  I attended a few games years ago and remember a restaurant/ bar very near the stadium with the Colts logo and colors on the front of the building.  We went in and had a great time there.  Full of fans after the game.  Anyone know if it's still there? If closed does anyone have any suggestions on where to go after the game.  Maybe where players might frequent.  Would greatly appreciate any suggestions that I could pass along.  Thanks everyone. 

43 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

My son and his wife are flying up from Raleigh NC to see their 1st game at LOS.  I attended a few games years ago and remember a restaurant/ bar very near the stadium with the Colts logo and colors on the front of the building.  We went in and had a great time there.  Full of fans after the game.  Anyone know if it's still there? If closed does anyone have any suggestions on where to go after the game.  Maybe where players might frequent.  Would greatly appreciate any suggestions that I could pass along.  Thanks everyone. 

Not entirely sure of the place you are mentioning but when I visit Indy (usually once a year for a game) we always hit up these spots: 

-Slippery Noodle (pretty sure this is the oldest pub in Indy)

-Kilroys

-Cafe Patachaou (solid breakfast spot)

This is almost a backhanded compliment to us. Yes we get another prime time game, but now our bye week, which is the latest possible bye week on the back half of the worst schedule in the NFL, has been shortened by a day. Feel bad for our guys, they won’t even get their full two weeks of break that they’ll desperately need.

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I was surprised to see us as the night game, I figured Raiders/Browns would be the night game with us at 4, just based on our history. Instead we get the 8:20pm game. 

I can't wait! I have never been to an NFL game at night!

At this point I don’t think the NFL would schedule a Raiders-Browns game in prime time like that. Both teams are fading fast, neither are all that explosive, and neither have a fan base the size of New England’s. On the other end, you have a historical rivalry between two dark horse playoff teams with the best head coach in football and the best running back in football.

1 hour ago, DynaMike said:

Wow too bad I'll be out of the country for this one. It's great to see The Colts getting a primetime game though!

Might anyone know if NFL gamepass works in Dominica?

I do not think it will, at least not unless you use the International one

7 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

This is almost a backhanded compliment to us. Yes we get another prime time game, but now our bye week, which is the latest possible bye week on the back half of the worst schedule in the NFL, has been shortened by a day. Feel bad for our guys, they won’t even get their full two weeks of break that they’ll desperately need.

I would rather have a shorten (13 days) bye week, especially since it doesnt overly change too much. And the plus is we have back to back Saturday games, so against the Cardinals, we also have an extra day of rest than them

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

At this point I don’t think the NFL would schedule a Raiders-Browns game in prime time like that. Both teams are fading fast, neither are all that explosive, and neither have a fan base the size of New England’s. On the other end, you have a historical rivalry between two dark horse playoff teams with the best head coach in football and the best running back in football.

I was more surprised as the NFL never schedules us these late games, compared to Vegas and even Cleveland the last few years getting them. That is more why I was surprised

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I was surprised to see us as the night game, I figured Raiders/Browns would be the night game with us at 4, just based on our history. Instead we get the 8:20pm game. 

I can't wait! I have never been to an NFL game at night!

Colts and Pats is the much better game.  So it becomes the Prime Time game to get more eye balls for the TV audience.   Nice to get some love and be the showcase game back to back weeks! 

So primetime Saturday games two weeks in a row.

Berry nice!

Haven't been the Pats since Nov of 2009..... man I want to demolish them.

5 hours ago, DynaMike said:

Wow too bad I'll be out of the country for this one. It's great to see The Colts getting a primetime game though!

Might anyone know if NFL gamepass works in Dominica?

I've spent a lot of time in the Caribbean and Central America. You'd be surprised what hotels and bars have on their channel lineup (so call around). At my home in Central America, NFL Network was part of the channel lineup. Don't ask me how. Seemed like Satellite or IPTV feeds for most of the stations. Never been to Dominica though. Been near there, and to the west in the winter, and never had a problem finding a game somewhere. Almost always found a place or way to stream.

Here's the cable providers for Dominica 

Dominica Broadcast

Marpin Telecoms

Digicel Play 

You could like google them and find out..... If not, like I said, all kinds of weird sat and IP set ups.

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

... I've spent a lot of time in the Caribbean and Central America. You'd be surprised what hotels and bars have on their channel lineup (so call around). At my home in Central America, NFL Network was part of the channel lineup. Don't ask me how. Seemed like Satellite or IPTV feeds for most of the stations. Never been to Dominica though. Been near there, and to the west in the winter, and never had a problem finding a game somewhere. Almost always found a place or way to stream.

Here's the cable providers for Dominica 

Dominica Broadcast

Marpin Telecoms

Digicel Play 

You could like google them and find out..... If not, like I said, all kinds of weird sat and IP set ups.

Thanks a ton for that info! I will definitely be checking around. 

It's ironic because we had scheduled the flight during the original game time on Sunday, planning to watch it on Gamepass when we got home. Now with the change, I hope to be able to see it live at a tiki bar. Even if I miss it live, I'm very happy for the Colts to get another primetime game. Now they need to show up, and trounce the Pats!

4 minutes ago, DynaMike said:

Thanks a ton for that info! I will definitely be checking around. 

It's ironic because we had scheduled the flight during the original game time on Sunday, planning to watch it on Gamepass when we got home. Now with the change, I hope to be able to see it live at a tiki bar. Even if I miss it live, I'm very happy for the Colts to get another primetime game. Now they need to show up, and trounce the Pats!

You're welcome.

And here's some advice. Ask the bars around you early in the week. Some bar owners/managers are happy to figure out how to show the game if it means a happy customer coming back. A beach bar on San Pedro didn't have games my first weekend down, but after I spent a few evenings there, they found out how to get an IPTV feed (I think that's what it was). I'd also just ask your hotel in advance if they get the NFL Network. 

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Ugh. Saturday games on networks I don’t subscribe to.  I need to quit being cheap and get satellite.  

Do you have Verizon wireless? They have a contact with the NFL and you should be able to watch on the NFL AP. You can also subscribe to a free trial of sling and cancel after they are over.

Archived