Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Does putting them on the Covid list mean they won't count against the 53?

I saw that Jefferson was cut.  I thought he was decent.

Yup, I liked both Bolton and Jefferson.

Yes, if they're on the Covid list, they are exempt for the moment. As soon as they return, they'll get swapped. Whoever drops will still have to go through waivers.

35 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

zero WRs have been cut this far...

perhaps he just got good, or bad news....

i have to think it was good....

I'd be pretty surprised, perhaps shocked, if he was cut.

No way he’s making it past waivers if he’s cut.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

yup.

too many eyes on him, and a lot of social media hype.

They even talked about him on GMFB the other day.  There are a few teams that have "that guy", late picks or UDFA's that have size, etc.  But he's getting the most pub as far as I can tell.

Just now, coming on strong said:

Colts have very u underrated wr room I would keep as many as I could if I were Ballard .  I hope they keep at least 8

What's the point in keeping 8? You'd never activate 8 on game day.

6 is a good number for having people on game day, but also guys in reserve in case of injuries etc. 7 at an absolute extreme push. 8 would be unheard of.

FYI...

the difference between waived (waiver claims) and released (auto FAs)....

Aug. 31:

Waived 

QB Brett Hundley, RB Benny LeMay, RB Deon Jackson, TE Kahale Warring, OT Will Holden, DL Kameron Cline, LB Curtis Bolton, S Shawn Davis.

Released 

DT Andrew Brown, LB Malik Jefferson, S Ibraheim Campbell, 

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They even talked about him on GMFB the other day.  There are a few teams that have "that guy", late picks or UDFA's that have size, etc.  But he's getting the most pub as far as I can tell.

Even a few guys out of state asked me about him. One was from FL, the other CA.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Hope so but there is always possibility we won’t be able to afford him.

The cap is expected to skyrocket again soon with all of the new tv deals and of course stadiums re-opening etc. Pascal wont command WR1 money, but he'll get good #2 money.... and we could afford that by then.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Hope so but there is always possibility we won’t be able to afford him.

If Pitman, Strachan, and Patmon develop, and PC stays healthy, Pascals value drops a bunch IMO. 

I don't want to lose him, just being realistic.

1 minute ago, Chucklez said:

The cap is expected to skyrocket again soon with all of the new tv deals and of course stadiums re-opening etc. Pascal wont command WR1 money, but he'll get good #2 money.... and we could afford that by then.

I think sportrac valuated him at 8M.

I thought that was high.

7 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

What's the point in keeping 8? You'd never activate 8 on game day.

6 is a good number for having people on game day, but also guys in reserve in case of injuries etc. 7 at an absolute extreme push. 8 would be unheard of.

So other teams don’t claim them Hilton and pascal could be gone next year . 

Just now, krunk said:

I was just typing the same. You beat me

I love Pascal, but he's got some finite limitations as a receiver.

Not saying he can't continue to improve, but he's got tweener size, and not that fast.

He does all the little things at an elite level, so that helps his value.

But looks like we'll have bigs covered for a while with MP, MS, and DP....., and we're only lacking the dynamic speed guys.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I love Pascal, but he's got some finite limitations as a receiver.

Not saying he can't continue to improve, but he's got tweener size, and not that fast.

He does all the little things at an elite level, so that helps his value.

But looks like we'll have bigs covered for a while with MP, MS, and DP....., and we're only lacking the dynamic speed guys.

The thing about pascal that also makes him valuable is his consistency. Every team needs someone like him that is durable and can be counted on in a bigger role if there is injuries.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The thing about pascal that also makes him valuable is his consistency. Every team needs someone like him that is durable and can be counted on in a bigger role if there is injuries.

Yep, he brings consistency.   He runs good routes.   In limited action his first 3 years he has caught 112 balls for 1504 yards and 12 TD's from 3 different starting QB's.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

If he's your 4th or 5th WR, probably not going to pay 8M though.

I'd like to see what our WR group does this year before being adamant about the topic, but the way things are shaping up, WR could look very different next year compared to what folks expected to see 6 months ago. You could realistically see Strachan at X, Pittman moved to big-slot, and PC at Z. And Patmon could realistically play either outside too, and be your 4th.

8 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

I don't understand why Pascal is so highly valued.

I have watched him play. He is not that great.

You must not be watching the same thing as everyone else. Pascal isn't a superstar, but he's extremely well-rounded and does everything you could ask of a WR (also one of the best blocking WR's in the NFL).

43 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

since he has more than 4 years, they can cut him, and he doesn't go through waivers.

he can basically do whatever he wants with whatever team he wants.

in short, if he and Ballard schemed, they could do it.

but they won't... it's crooked-ish in terms of optics.

I see it a little different than you (not crooked at all). TY has been injured often the last couple years. The injury is to his neck, and he quite possibly could be done. He was a FA last off season, and returned to the colts on a one deal year. What team is going to give him an offer? They could have done that during FA.  We moved on from Marvin, Reggie and possibly Hilton at this time. I could see him get legitimately cut, and return to wait out his neck injury on IR. Depending on how long it takes him recover ... It may be "that" time. Love him to death, but I love Reggie, and Marvin as much.

9 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

I don't understand why Pascal is so highly valued.

I have watched him play. He is not that great.

He's limited physically as a WR, but blocks and runs routes at an elite level. 

No a lot of flash, but as dependable as they come.

That said, he's not a #1 or #2 WR... 

1 minute ago, BrickHead said:

I see it a little different than you (not crooked at all). TY has been injured often the last couple years. The injury is to his neck, and he quite possibly could be done. He was a FA last off season, and returned to the colts on a one deal year. What team is going to give him an offer? They could have done that during FA.  We moved on from Marvin, Reggie and possibly Hilton at this time. I could see him get legitimately cut, and return to wait out his neck injury on IR. Depending on how long it takes him recover ... It may be "that" time. Love him to death, but I love Reggie, and Marvin as much.

He was about to sign with Baltimore for more money per reports, before Irsay intervened.

But to the original topic (cutting and then IRing), it's just not an above-board move. It would be seen as circumventing normal rules.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He was about to sign with Baltimore for more money per reports, before Irsay intervened.

But to the original topic (cutting and then IRing), it's just not an above-board move. It would be seen as circumventing normal rules.

Don't resign him right away.  Wait until there is more clarity on the neck issue.  I don't think another team is going to want to sign him after a few games have passed, and with the neck issue.

But that would cost more cash and cap usage if this season is already guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Don't resign him right away.  Wait until there is more clarity on the neck issue.  I don't think another team is going to want to sign him after a few games have passed, and with the neck issue.

But that would cost more cash and cap usage if this season is already guaranteed.

his 8M is fully guaranteed.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Who would've tackled him? He would've been past WR once he caught it. Was their QB going to run him down? Maybe, that's why I said probable.

Don't tell me how to form my opinions. Thanks.

Won't tell you how to form your opinions.... But I've fixed the rest for you.... It's even the same number of keystrokes....

Archived