Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/30/2021 at 9:43 AM, Barry Sears said:

Well, this makes things easier for the announcers so they don't have to always distinguish between young Davis and old Davis. :)

The Davis situation brought back memories of my school days

I went to school and played sports with kids named Sean, Shawn, Shaun, and Shon

On 8/30/2021 at 9:48 AM, IndyEric07 said:

BPerriman cut by Lions! I know Colts are already good at wr, but is it worth a look after TYs injury?

I felt that coming

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Reality GIF

21 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wow this is a shock  Didnt even make it until tomorrow.

Sounds like you were absolutely certain he would be on the 53.
They have 27 roster moves to make with exit visits. So which day it happens on is meh. 
 Perhaps i would be somewhat surprised if CB didn't tell him that we would be very interested in him on the PS.  

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Sounds like you were absolutely certain he would be on the 53.
They have 27 roster moves to make with exit visits. So which day it happens on is meh. 
 Perhaps i would be somewhat surprised if CB didn't tell him that we would be very interested in him on the PS.  

No I was just surprised he was one of the early ones today. 

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

No I was just surprised he was one of the early ones today. 

I was thinking about the strategy, and I'm not sure if it applies.  I was thinking if they want to put him on the PS, then they release him a day early.  Assuming no one picks him up after 24 hours, because they're busy waiving their own guys.

Then, can they put him on the PS immediately after they set their 53, without waiting?

Just a thought.

24 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A bit shocked he was one of the earliest cuts

This is a bit of a ridiculous strategy but i read a long time ago of GMs releasing players early that they wanted on the PS thinking that no one would notice the early ones let go.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I was thinking about the strategy, and I'm not sure if it applies.  I was thinking if they want to put him on the PS, then they release him a day early.  Assuming no one picks him up after 24 hours, because they're busy waiving their own guys.

Then, can they put him on the PS immediately after they set their 53, without waiting?

Just a thought.

you beat me to it.  I've heard of this done a long time ago.  I always thought it was risky.

Archived