Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

BPerriman cut by Lions! I know Colts are already good at wr, but is it worth a look after TYs injury?

He'll get picked up by someone on the cheap. A little surprised he hasn't had a more stable career. I think hands have been his issue. Fast guy though.

12 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Wow this is a shock  Didnt even make it until tomorrow.

not shocked, but bummer. 

i picked him on my 53 due to his stats and the UDFA narrative.

truly hope he makes it to our PS. Great kid, great FB family.

12 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This could be a interesting  player to take a look at. Our ends made him look bad though Friday.

If we didn't already have a bunch of OL injury issues, I'd grab Crosby. Still young, and has experience on both sides. Not as a starter, just as a swing depth T. Not worth touching though if injured right now. We need health.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Does Anthony Gordon have the same traits as Sam Ehlinger or is he better to be considered for a shot at QB here? Just thinking out loud. 

Gordon and SE are similar. Both have arm questions coming into the NFL. Gordon came from a gunslinger/air-raid scheme though.

I'd say he probably has higher upside though.

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

Does Anthony Gordon have the same traits as Sam Ehlinger or is he better to be considered for a shot at QB here? Just thinking out loud. 

Remember during the Draft and people in the forum wanted to draft Anthony Gordon in the second round lol

just another reminder we aren't GMs or coaches even though we think we know as much as them.

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Remember during the Draft and people in the forum wanted to draft Anthony Gordon in the second round lol

just another reminder we aren't GMs or coaches even though we think we know as much as them.

I liked Gordon as a CFB QB, but not as a 2nd rounder lol. Good for a UDFA pickup though.

KC has pretty good depth at QB and all 3 depth guys did decent. Gordon didn't have a "bad" preseason, just had two decent guys fighting with.

Lots of teams are doing player for player trades or player for pick trades. Hopefully Ballard gets us an extra pick or two instead of just releasing or cutting everyone he doesn't want. Starting to get anxious seeing everyone get something for their players they don't want anymore.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He had a good preseason in the short time he was here. 

Hope he comes back if not picked up.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We only have one tackle. Lol. They are going to be adding of Fisher is ready.

This is interesting.... lol... 

I think it means we likely signed someone.

Fisher is ready to start game 1 even if he's taken off PUP.

This more or less leaves O'Donnell as the only depth OT.

Thanks for the updates Chloe!

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

He had a good preseason in the short time he was here. 

Hope he comes back if not picked up.

This is interesting.... lol... 

I think it means we likely signed someone.

Fisher is ready to start game 1 even if he's taken off PUP.

This more or less leaves O'Donnell as the only depth OT.

Or they feel he will clear waiver. Hopefully Fisher is ready.

Looks like we'll be signing another OT with Holden waived.  

Whatta we got, Davenport as the only LT capable of starting Week1 at this point?

Oh wait, there's Nelson, LOL.

Kinda funny, hope Fisher gets better quick because right now, on 8/31/21, we're in exactly the same spot with LT as we were the day AC announced his retirement. LOL.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Highly doubt Fisher can go from PUP and not practicing, to ready for game 1 in two weeks. 

He's not even off the Covid list yet is he?

If he had been just a close contact he might of had enough practice but actually having  covid I don’t think he will have enough practice time.  They may end up bringing Holden back.

Weird cuts so far tbh. Maybe I didn't realize we were just getting rid of most of the O-Line depth like this. I'm curious if it's because Fisher is coming back quickly, or because Ballard has his eye on a couple guys who were cut so far that he's going to try to claim.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Carter O and Fries can play there 

I hope they have their eye on someone on the waiver wire that's better than them.  And that they think Fisher is coming back sooner than later (and that he stays away from people with COVID).

Kinda surprised Holden was let go especially after Tevi was lost for the season. Either the Colts like Fisher's chances or their eyeing someone recently waived.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

Colts need to pick up cam Newton today . With wentz injury history and vax status he might miss games . I’ll take cam over Eason for a game or two any day 

What makes you Cam wants to be a backup?

Archived