Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

Talking of QB's and something to file away for future debates number of QB's drafted in 2021 was 9.....number who were cut is ....zero.....teams don't give up easily on drafted QB's unless they totally stink up the place.

17 teams as of now have 3 QB's and 15 have only 2...covid has shifted dynamic back to carrying 3 and we will likely see most every squad stash one of practice squad in next couple days. Again no one wants a situation like Denver had last year of starting a rookie WR at QB for an entire game

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Talking of QB's and something to file away for future debates number of QB's drafted in 2021 was 9.....number who were cut is ....zero.....teams don't give up easily on drafted QB's unless they totally stink up the place.

17 teams as of now have 3 QB's and 15 have only 2...covid has shifted dynamic back to carrying 3 and we will likely see most every squad stash one of practice squad in next couple days. Again no one wants a situation like Denver had last year of starting a rookie WR at QB for an entire game

Then there is the Patriots who have 1 after cutting Cam and Hoyer haha

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not sure what your talking about. Eason is the only QB we have for tomorrow’s practice. No other QB is going to be brought in that quick.

We arent resigned Hundley just because he is in town...lmao....we will sign best QB on waiver wire and fly them in and get them up to speed. Now if Hundley showed them something they liked could be him but it sure didnt seem like it from any report

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We arent resigned Hundley just because he is in town...lmao....we will sign best QB on waiver wire and fly them in and get them up to speed. Now if Hundley showed them something they liked could be him but it sure didnt seem like it from any report

That can’t happen because the waiver wire doesn’t expire until 4 pm tomorrow. Any free agent can’t come in unless they were on another team and already been through protocols. Yes Hundley can work for one day until Wentz comes back Thursday. Otherwise they can’t practice in a real way tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

That can’t happen because the waiver wire doesn’t expire until 4 pm tomorrow. Any free agent can’t come in unless they were on another team and already been through protocols. Yes Hundley can work for one day until Wentz comes back Thursday. Otherwise they can’t practice in a real way tomorrow.

A club doesnt sign a player for 1 day...to throw passes at a practice knowing they dont plan to keep him and release next day....lol.....not sure if this is a joke thing if so dont follow the joke if serious..well......smh

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Is this team better than last years team after the initial cut down?

I think so. :dunno: whatever that is worth.

Outside of QB(Rivers/Wentz) + LT(AC/Fisher), but that is still TBD. I think just about everywhere else we are better or at least around the same.

RB - Check(Mack back)

WR - Check(deep)

TE - Just as good(Granson vs Burton)

OG - Check(Reed)

OC - Just as good

DE - Check(IMO, we are)

DT - Check(I'm good with Lewis+Rochelle>Autry)

LB - Maybe slightly worse(Walker(maybe))

CB - Check(Tell III Back)

S - Check(Tell, Chachere > Hooker(injured)

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think so. :dunno: whatever that is worth.

Outside of QB(Rivers/Wentz) + LT(AC/Fisher), but that is still TBD. I think just about everywhere else we are better or at least around the same.

RB - Check(Mack back)

WR - Check(duh)

TE - Just as good(Granson vs Burton)

OG - Check(Reed)

OC - Just as good

DE - Check(IMO, we are)

DT - Check(I'm good with Lewis+Rochelle>Autry)

LB - Maybe slightly worse(Walker(maybe))

CB - Check(Tell III Back)

S - Check(Tell, Chachere > Hooker(injured)

Your post made me think of this question, it may need it's own thread because it's a bit off topic but:

Does Eric Fisher play more or less than 12 games this season (missing 5 games)? The reason I ask this to the group is because that is the number of games AC played last year.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I never said that lol.

Ok....thats how I read it...glad not what you meant..... Hundley likely isnt getting signed with better options out there to chose from to stash on p.s. Tomorrow our practice will be modified like every season on that day.

Colts usually sign 1-3 players off the waiver, sometimes gems like Kenny Moore,AQM...hope this year brings a similar one

10 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Ok....thats how I read it...glad not what you meant..... Hundley likely isnt getting signed with better options out there to chose from to stash on p.s. Tomorrow our practice will be modified like every season on that day.

Colts usually sign 1-3 players off the waiver, sometimes gems like Kenny Moore,AQM...hope this year brings a similar one

We don’t have a better option for tomorrow. Are they not supposed to practice because onE QB won’t cut it.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We don’t have a better option for tomorrow. Are they not supposed to practice because onE QB won’t cut it.

They modify practices if needed but Eason will give them the work they need. It happens every year

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

They modify practices if needed but Eason will give them the work they need. It happens every year

Patriots practice may look exactly like ours

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I thought tomorrow was an off day.

43 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

A lot of players that are celebrating making an NFL team won't be so happy in a few days. Part 2 of the cut day is teams signing other rejects and cutting some of their own.

Yeah but then you know you’re on the bubble of being in and have hope to be called back when injuries happen or to try again next year with confidence 

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Good points all around. Covid has changed the dynamics completely on the QB landscape 

21 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

He is indeed our PS qb

14 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

They must have liked what the saw in his limited work and/or felt he had knowledge to share with Carson and the younger guys that was useful.

I think it’s more he was here and already knew the system and designed to be a short term solution until Sam gets healthy.  

Archived