Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Fisher is on Covid list anyhow currently. and T.Y. couldnt have been put on PUP during the camp, he is gonna most likely get IRd

Man I completely forgot Fisher was on the covid list because of everything the past couple of days lol.

2 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Would be nice to develop someone else as LS that could contribute in other ways.

Luke Rhodes is a capable linebacker. Thats why he was originally signed but changed positions to retain a spot on the roster and is a terrific LS. You dont mess with a long snapper though. A bad one can ruin games, so keep a good one doing what hes doing.

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

Luke Rhodes is a capable linebacker. Thats why he was originally signed but changed positions to retain a spot on the roster and is a terrific LS. You dont mess with a long snapper though. A bad one can ruin games, so keep a good one doing what hes doing.

Exactly I am not sure if any LS in the league does anything but LS.

Final Roster:

Eason
Ehlinger
Taylor
Hines
Mack
Wilkins
Hilton
Pittman
Campbell
Dulin
Patmon
Strachan
Doyle
Alie-Cox
Granson
Davenport
Nelson
Pinter
Glowinski
Smith
Fries
Pryor
Reed
Lewis
Buckner
Stewart
Paye
Turay
Muhammad
Banogu
Rochell
Stallworth
Williams
Woods
Leonard
Okereke
Franklin
Speed
Adams
Glasgow
Moore
Rhodes
Ya-Sin
Carrie
Rodgers
Tell
Blackmon
Willis
Odum
Blankenship
Rhodes
Sanchez

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Exactly I am not sure if any LS in the league does anything but LS.

They do not, even in CFB you seee it veeeerrrrrrryyyyy rarely. And normally only out of necessity 

Just now, John Hammonds said:

I know I could look this up myself, but it's quicker just to ask.

Did we keep our string going signing a UDFA?

No

So, it looks like we avoided having to end some players’ season by possibly gaming that COVID list.  The four players on that list let us keep Ehlinger, Hilton, and Pinter, who can now make it to the IR without ending their season when the COVID players come back .  Hope it was not a violation of the rules!  Seems Belichikian…

3 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

I had the same thought.

2 others - 

1. Fisher - if Colts dont feel like he is ready, Fisher could also go on IR and be activated in like 3 weeks. 

2. Pinter - has been dealing with injuries as well.

Are any of our Dlinemen hurt?  We kept a ton.  Wonder if any will be “injured” before those guys come off the COVID list…

22 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Cutting Vaughn’s is the biggest mistake he will go turn into a star somewhere else . Dulin is not a good wr at all I get he plays special teams but so could Vaughn 

Yeah but Pittman, Patmon and Strachan can all do what Vaughns does.  We dont need a 4th big body receiver. 5th if you include Mo Cox at TE. Vaughns and Black will very likely be on the PS.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah but Pittman, Patmon and Strachan can all do what Vaughns does.  We dont need a 4th big body receiver. 5th if you include Mo Cox at TE. Vaughns and Black will very likely be on the PS.

It would different if he small but he is not

2 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

But not overly surprising. Think he was always behind Fisher in his recovery.

Correct

Archived