Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

• Shive changed the title to Colts Roster Cuts Thread
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a team claims a player off waivers, how long do they have to keep him?

I assume they always have to keep the roster at 53.  So if the Jags claim 10 guys, they get them all since they have first choice.   But they have to release 10. 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah just saw that, people were talking about not having OT depth in this one so figured I would pass the information if they hadn't seen it yet

The mods are trying to keep everything it it’s proper place

Colt Cuts

NFL Cuts

NFL Cuts that could help the Colts

Other Colts Acquisitions

34 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It hurts how accurate this is.....:lol:

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I don't think they could do it without there really being a contact.  But hopefully it works out for the best.

The problem is that they can't practice.

Agreed. I can't see using the Covid designation as a roster management tool when it means 3 starters have to miss VERY needed practice to make that happen. I think it's just very convenient timing.

Just now, Smonroe said:

I don't think they could do it without there really being a contact.  But hopefully it works out for the best.

The problem is that they can't practice.

IIRC, it was a coach or staffer that they had contact with... 

Missing a week of practice really won't impact Pascal or Kelly IMO. Kelly was healing already, and this gives him an extra few days. Same with Wentz.

So long as their negative, and back next week, it might be a positive.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

It hurts how accurate this is.....:lol:

Agreed. I can't see using the Covid designation as a roster management tool when it means 3 starters have to miss VERY needed practice to make that happen. I think it's just very convenient timing.

I don't think Frank would be OK with it in the first place.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Funny, I mentioned that yesterday and a bunch of people "corrected" me saying you can't stash people on the COVID list. I called it genious on Ballards part. So that covers TY, Ehrlinger and Dayo to put them on IR and return while keeping the three guys that will actually replace them on the roster.....

On 8/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, krunk said:

I figured Sean Davis wasnt going to make it. They like Chachere better.

Yeah, this was a hard one for me when I wrote down names I didn’t think would make it. I stopped counting missed tackles for Shawn Davis at 7 against Detroit. Neither Davis made my cut because both Tel and Chachere can play safety.

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Funny, I mentioned that yesterday and a bunch of people "corrected" me saying you can't stash people on the COVID list. I called it genious on Ballards part. So that covers TY, Ehrlinger and Dayo to put them on IR and return while keeping the three guys that will actually replace them on the roster.....

Dayo likely just flips to reserve PUP (6 weeks).

No need to use a spot for him now.

SE needs to go to the PS. Don't see any teams claiming him. 

13 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Just over 3 hours to go...

The chimes of doom over at Lucas Oil are getting louder and louder.

:coltslogo:

They are waiting to see if any more players will go on COVID list. We might not have to cut anyone else if enough players get COVID :dunno:

Archived