Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harris or Patmon

bleed blue4life

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Because Pittman has done what other than bring a 2nd round pick. Not enamored with his skill set

I’m sorry….    Have you run out of negative things to say about Leonard and Nelson and Smith?

Trolls Gotta troll.   

Carry on!     :thmup:

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. We did last year. 

And that's fine if we're only keeping 3 TEs.

We actually have some Xs that are as big as TEs anyway. 

I think so too but the wrinkle could be how many injuries they have  at o-line.  If Fisher, Nelson, and Pinter are all hurt but start the year on the active roster they probably have to keep an extra o-lineman or two that they didn’t plan on.  Still there are other spots that body could come from besides WR.  If recall they kept seven linebackers last year so they could pick up a body there.  They also might only keep three running backs if they deal Wilkins or they might try to stash Sam on the PS (again not as likely).

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think so too but the wrinkle could be how many injuries they have  at o-line.  If Fisher, Nelson, and Pinter are all hurt but start the year on the active roster they probably have to keep an extra o-lineman or two that they didn’t plan on.  Still there are other spots that body could come from besides WR.  If recall they kept seven linebackers last year so they could pick up a body there.  They also might only keep three running backs if they deal Wilkins or they might try to stash Sam on the PS (again not as likely).

I think they'll go elsewhere than WR for a body. It's easier to pass a lower level LB, DL, or DB down to the PS than a WR who's making noise. 

Also, need to consider that the elevation rules are easier since last year. I believe they stay the same this season (easy temp up and down), so pulling up JAG OLs wouldn't be hard if it's only for a game or two.

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pinter is hurt?

Sorry, this is the first I’ve learned of this.   Can you elaborate?   Body part?   How serious?   How long out?   What do we know? 

Thanks in advance…. 

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pinter is hurt?

Sorry, this is the first I’ve learned of this.   Can you elaborate?   Body part?   How serious?   How long out?   What do we know? 

Thanks in advance…. 

Foot. He was on crutches last weekish.

We don't know a lot... just foot + crutches lol.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Patmon, and frankly, I don’t think it’s close. 

Harris has done what exactly?

Patmon was kept on the 53 all season last year even though he wasn’t ready to play.  And while he has a reputation as more of a deep threat with a limited rout tree, he caught 5 passes vs Carolina.  One deep cross for about 20, and 4 possession type catches to move the chains.    I think the team thinks they have something even if he’s not ready to be a full contributor just yet.  Neither is Harris. 

I think Patmon has way more upside, or a higher ceiling than Harris. 

Totally agree, and certainly doesnt natter if he is similar in build and skill set to others in the team. 2 Pittmans? Sign me up. 

12 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Totally agree, and certainly doesnt natter if he is similar in build and skill set to others in the team. 2 Pittmans? Sign me up. 

All 3 of them Strachan, Pittman, Patmon have different skillsets to me. Certainly not mirrors of each other.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sorry….    Have you run out of negative things to say about Leonard and Nelson and Smith?

Trolls Gotta troll.   

A troll is someone who says controversial stuff. I don't see Pittman as ever being a #1. That's not controversial. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Trolls Gotta troll.   

Sorry, I used the wrong word. I meant to say that a troll is some one who antagnoizes just for the fun of it. Yes,I say some controversial stuff and they r simply my thoughts. I don't believe I ever said anything bad bout Smith. In fact out of Nelson and Leonard, I view him as thre most valuable based on his position.  I knew we had to resign him. Now if this team committs to smash mouth football where we line up behind center, then I can see Nelson's value. If Neslon can take on the likes of Donald and Simmons one on one, then I can see his value. I don't see the value of paying a WLB 20 million. I just don't.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Ive adjusted my take on things. You find a way to keep Patmon.

About time.....Dulin has proven to be less than spectacular and he didn't help his QB out at all on that 2nd interception.

But with Patmon showing anything on special teams plus his ability to play WR against NFL Corners seals the deal!

TY

Pascal

Pittman 

Campbell

Patmon

Strachan

Practice Squad

Black

Vaughns

Harris - unless Eagles scoop him

Dulin - unless Eagles scoop him

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sorry, I used the wrong word. I meant to say that a troll is some one who antagnoizes just for the fun of it. Yes,I say some controversial stuff and they r simply my thoughts. I don't believe I ever said anything bad bout Smith. In fact out of Nelson and Leonard, I view him as thre most valuable based on his position.  I knew we had to resign him. Now if this team committs to smash mouth football where we line up behind center, then I can see Nelson's value. If Neslon can take on the likes of Donald and Simmons one on one, then I can see his value. I don't see the value of paying a WLB 20 million. I just don't.

That's ok.  Ballard does

52 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

About time.....Dulin has proven to be less than spectacular and he didn't help his QB out at all on that 2nd interception.

But with Patmon showing anything on special teams plus his ability to play WR against NFL Corners seals the deal!

TY

Pascal

Pittman 

Campbell

Patmon

Strachan

Practice Squad

Black

Vaughns

Makes sense and i like what Black and Vaughns bring to the table as injury replacements.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes….   We know this.   We believe you’ve made 20 million posts stating the same thing!   

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

TY

Pascal

Pittman 

Campbell

Patmon

Strachan

Practice Squad

Black

Vaughns

I like the idea of those 3 big WR on the field at the same time when we get to running the football. Tough OL plus big body WR shoving people around.

I’ve been on the fence between Patmon, Dulin, and Harris.  The argument for each is:

Patmon: has shown the most as a receiver (by far) this TC and pre-season.

Dulin: was a valuable gunner last year.  Haven’t seen a heard anything about his ST prowess this year, but he has definite ST usefulness.

Harris: is the one guy who showed special ability in the slot should Parris turn up injured again.  Like Dulin, his value is 100% based upon what he did last year.

I’m increasingly leaning towards Patmon.  I think it’s important for players (who see  on a daily basis what each player brings to the team) to feel the team is a meritocracy and that they are dealt with fairly.  Patmon has done the most to take that spot and prove he belongs, so he should get the spot…

22 minutes ago, Archer said:

I’ve been on the fence between Patmon, Dulin, and Harris.  The argument for each is:

Dulin: was a valuable gunner last year.  Haven’t seen a heard anything about his ST prowess this year, but he has definite ST usefulness.

Harris: is the one guy who showed special ability in the slot should Parris turn up injured again.  Like Dulin, his value is 100% based upon what he did last year.

I’m increasingly leaning towards Patmon.  I think it’s important for players (who see  on a daily basis what each player brings to the team) to feel the team is a meritocracy and that they are dealt with fairly.  Patmon has done the most to take that spot and prove he belongs, so he should get the spot…

And while not a knock on Harris or Dulin we saw Patmon get with Wentz and Pittman in off season for extra personal work, not sure if the other 2 had conflicts or not but with a potential spot on the line Dez made sure he was there and improving.....just saying

17 hours ago, Archer said:

Patmon, is the better player at least playing better , better every down player with his size we should not keep the other guys for 1-2 gadget plays a game 

On 8/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, Shive said:

I agree. He had a solid first preseason game and if he keeps it up, there's no chance he makes it to the PS.

Those are my thoughts. It's not and indictment against Patmon as much as it is the depth the Colts are working with at the position. More than likely they are going to have 4 guys that get cut, which is steep. I thought he looked really good in that first game, particularly in the running game. Even if he does get slotted on the PS, I can see someone giving him a job, although downing a punt isn't something that will get him fantasy points (lol), it shows hustle and brings a dimension to ST that is highly understated. He's brought that same kind of effort on most of the plays I've looked at film of him.

The other thing about that is, we all say returning punts is a great way to carve out a spot on the roster. Well, bottom line is that is flashier and more exciting than downing a punt, but being able to take away a punt return is just as important in my view. 

Archived