Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury updates

GoColts8818

Reich also did this interview with content creators today. Sure sounds like Fisher is close. The way he put it there is still a possibility for week one.

Reich also mentioned in the media one Wentz foot feels good. Bur once he starts doing football activity it’s hard to know how it will respond. Let’s pray it goes well.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said Kelly probably won’t practice tomorrow bur later in the week. I don’t expect him to play Saturday.

Why would Reich play Saturday?!? Jeff was a dandy center, but he's been retired for years!

On 8/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, Wentzszn said:

Reich on the radio this morning said he hadn’t pushed trainers or Fisher and will let them tell him when he is ready to put the pads on.

Wentz will start doing walkthroughs this week with some throwing then they will see how the foot responds. 

Neldon and Wentz are on the same time table still.

And I got crap saying he would be ready by week 1 

2 hours ago, NodakColt said:

And I got crap saying he would be ready by week 1 

The comment that Wentz and Nelson are on the same time table is a bit misleading.    Their injury was about the same time and the surgery was a day or two apart.    But that doesn't mean they will both be ready at the same time.    Different people heal faster or slower as the case may be.

Also,  Wentz is a 235 pound QB.    Nelson is a 330 pound guard.    It's not at all clear if that will have some type of impact on either player.

Just because Wentz may be ready go to week 1,  doesn't automatically mean Nelson will be.    It's still way too early to know for either player.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The comment that Wentz and Nelson are on the same time table is a bit misleading.    Their injury was about the same time and the surgery was a day or two apart.    But that doesn't mean they will both be ready at the same time.    Different people heal faster or slower as the case may be.

Also,  Wentz is a 235 pound QB.    Nelson is a 330 pound guard.    It's not at all clear if that will have some type of impact on either player.

Just because Wentz may be ready go to week 1,  doesn't automatically mean Nelson will be.    It's still way too early to know for either player.

Reich is the one that said that. He didn’t mean they would be back at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich is the one that said that. He didn’t mean they would be back at the same time.

I understand that.   I wasn't being critical of you.    Only trying to clarify things for a poster who I don't know and make sure he understands the bigger picture.     That's all.   Nothing more.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was talking about Wentz but I didn’t clarify that. Sorry 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, krunk said:

Anything on Odeyingbo?

Yeah, the lack of info on Dayo is worrisome.

It seems like his operation was different from Fisher's and that Dayo is going to be much longer healing fully.

It would be nice if the Colts gave us an update.

Archived