Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select DE Dayo Odeyingbo

danlhart87

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shepman said:

The run on tackles makes it easier for us to sign fisher in free agency

My gut feeling is that perhaps the Colts plans were to draft a tackle but the right one didn’t fall to them and thus they felt no pressure to trade up to ensure they got one because they believe they can snag fisher and fill the void that way. I’d be fine with that call if they end up signing him but that’s my opinion which isn’t as valuable as ballards, wait mine is far more valuable I know everything!

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I think that only the people who complain here are like serious madden gamers. They get all bent out of shape cause in madden they drafted the top 7 out of 7 players and know how easy it is to draft the best players. You know you just simulate the draft and write down all the best players and then restart the draft and trade your mid level crappy players for top picks cause it’s so easy to do. I mean duh Ballard doesn’t know how easy it is to draft players??

Also the extent of research 95% of the comment section here has done is laughable. They hear a guys name once or twice, think he's the next jesus and get mad when Ballard picks a guy they haven't heard of.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I love the sky is falling arm chair gms here every year.   Spent months "watching tape" then being completely wrong.    It's my second favorite time of the year

Remember the Darius L outrage? Ahhhhhh.........good times....

Ballard just put notice on Kemoko and Banagu to perform this year. I see Kwitty Paye taking snaps from them. I would resign Justin Houston to help Kwitty Paye and in case Kemoko does not recover. For LT, Ballard noted that the draft was deep but not left tackles. Ballard stayed true to his draft philosopy in NOT REACHING, even if you lack a starting LT. (What's the difference in drafting an average LT versus signing an average starting veteran LT?... I will take the later.. Why waste a draft picks.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Has some of the traits we liked about Autry.  Versatile and long.

After taking a deep breath and looking at the big picture, i see the logic.  We’ll find an adequate short-term solution at LT and Address the long-term when opportunity arrises.  I think it will be easier to find an LT than pass rush after cuts.  Theres time.  
DE had to be addressed too, and i guess the board fell that way.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

After taking a deep breath and looking at the big picture, i see the logic.  We’ll find an adequate short-term solution at LT and Address the long-term when opportunity arrises.  I think it will be easier to find an LT than pass rush after cuts.  Theres time.  

Right! I mean LT isn’t super easy to fill but pass rushers are absolutely the most difficult after QB at least IMO 

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

NOooooooo.....you need to flail your arms, smash TV's, and denounce fandom!

:hat:

1 minute ago, AustexColt said:

Ballard just put notice on Kemoko and Banagu to perform this year. I see Kwitty Paye taking snaps from them. I would resign Justin Houston to help Kwitty Paye and in case Kemoko does not recover. For LT, Ballard noted that the draft was deep but not left tackles. Ballard stayed true to his draft philosopy in NOT REACHING, even if you lack a starting LT. (What's the difference in drafting an average LT versus signing an average starting veteran LT?... I will take the later.. Why waste a draft picks.

Yup. 
“average” vet LTs can step right in, rookie “average” ones cant.

I think Ballard wasnt so high on the available Tackles i guess.

Just now, bestQBever said:

Also the extent of research 95% of the comment section here has done is laughable. They hear a guys name once or twice, think he's the next jesus and get mad when pick a guy they haven't heard of.

If you can't handle different opinions you probably shouldn't post in a forum, sorry but this is laughable and someone could argue that there are a lot of people just celebrating everything, If Ballard drafts a dead squirrel with his first round pick we still would hear "In Ballard we trust", "What a great pick!" from some of you. Ballard is a great GM no doubt but it's okay to question some of his decisions and it's okay to not agree with everything from a fan view. 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I love the sky is falling arm chair gms here every year.   Spent months "watching tape" then being completely wrong.    It's my second favorite time of the year

Complaining or not agreeing doesn't mean the sky is falling ... the "Ballard can do no wrong crowd" is almost as amusing.  Especially since part of the reason for doubling down there is that his previous picks for pass rush are not necessarily setting the world on fire.

Just now, Four2itus said:

NOooooooo.....you need to flail you arms, smash TV's, and denounce fandom!

:hat:

I once threw a remote control and scared a girl i was dating.  It didnt come close to her, but affecting her that way affected ME so much that i havent broken anything in anger since.

Does that mean i’m a “biggie boy” now?

1 minute ago, austriancolt said:

If you can't handle different opinions you probably shouldn't post in a forum, sorry but this is laughable and someone could argue that there are a lot of people just celebrating everything, If Ballard drafts a dead squirrel with his first round pick we still would hear "In Ballard we trust", "What a great pick!" from some of you. Ballard is a great GM no doubt but it's okay to question some of his decisions and it's okay to not agree with everything from a fan view. 

:thmup:

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

So far outside of the Wentz trade Ballard seems to be having a difficult off season lol.

A little early to praise on Wentz being good. Besides we all know was Reich who wanted Wentz just like he wanted Rivers. Remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yup. 
“average” vet LTs can step right in, rookie “average” ones cant.

I think Ballard wasnt so high on the available Tackles i guess.

B.B. could well switch back to Linebacker where he played at TCU. Beyond Leonard and Okereke we dont have another starter. When know Franklin nor Adams is a started, Glasgow was drafted as a special team ace and E.J. Speed didnt progress at all last year. Position move for Ben may well be in the cards.....

45 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So you don't trade down, you double up on EDGE and don't take Basham or Perkins, and you take a 5th round guy in a panic move after the Tackles go in the 2nd? Oh, and I read in this thread he's not ready til October? I can't support this move, and I'm not sure I can support this team anymore. I could put up with FA as long as we made it up in the draft, but we're wasting draft picks now and not even getting any extra compensation. Screw Ballard for wasting my time, and wasting our draft picks.

Absolute nonsense. Oh, we don't have a 3rd rounder later and probably no 1st rounder next year. Again. Screw Ballard.

And Prima Donna of the Year goes to Jared Cisneros, now 3 time winner of the award. Jared, how does it feel to hold this prestigious honor on the Colts forum yet again this season? 

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

A 3-4 guy with a torn Achilles. That doesn’t sound like a reach lol.

Were u an Eagles fan before Wentz arrived?

Curious cuz, then these posts would make a lil more sense.  We need to expel the demons i think.  Its ok, you’re safe now.

We got wiped out on the OT front. :dunno:

Not the biggest fan of the value of the pick, especially having in mind how serious his injury is. I had him ranked as a 4th rounder... and he was ranked at 114(4th rounder) by the consensus big board. Ballard lock onto his guys and doesn't care about that, though. I don't mind him sticking to his guns, but I hate that he refuses to extract value out of his reaches(relative to consensus boards). I guess it takes 2 to tango, but can't help but feel like we could have traded back significantly and still gotten him.

I didn't love Khari Willis and he's been alright, and I was surprised by the Blackmon pick because of his injury so... here's to hoping Dayo recovers well and proves me wrong :cheers: He seems like a toolsy DE/DT combo who might play outside on early downs and kick inside on passing downs. To me this is Tyquan Lewis all over again... except he's recovering from an Achilles injury to add to it. I'd like to hear how Ballard sees him, although, he's had... questionable success projecting those players... he though Banogu will be SAM and Lewis would be 3T and they haven't exactly transitioned into those roles great.

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Wut?

It should have read...

B.B. could well switch back to Linebacker where he played some at TCU. Beyond Leonard and Okereke we dont have another starter in the middle. We know neither Franklin nor Adams is a starter, Glasgow was drafted as a special team ace and E.J. Speed didnt progress at all last year. Position move for Ben may well be in the cards.....

1 minute ago, Myles said:

The more I think about this pick the more excited I get.

He's 6'6" with a wing span over 7 feet.  Batting balls down could be a great thing.   

If you can’t get to the qb, just make it impossible for him to throw over the line of scrimmage. Colts d-line is going to look like the Syracuse 2-3 zone out here. Zero passing lanes

Hi. In case you only follow draft day the day off and not the comments Ballard and his teams pretty clearly indicate time and time again: They don't pick based on supposed need. Once again, they don't pick based on supposed need.

You can still hate the pick (i.e for injury, better talent out there in your opinion etc.), but when people were 100 percent just expecting a LT to have been picked, it really just indicates you haven't been paying attention.

Archived