Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Second allegation of Sexual assault/harassment made on Watson (merge)

csmopar

I know the other thread was locked cause people made inappropriate comments but that was the first allegation. So please keep it clean. Now there is a second, more detailed and is being covered in NFL networks.

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-deshaun-watson-accused-of-indecent-conduct-in-civil-lawsuit-qb-denies-wro

I’m gonna preface this with innocent until proven guilty. Now that that has been said, I do think the league needs to step up on its enforcement of harsher penalties in such cases where said actions are proven beyond a doubt to be true. 

that said, I hope this is investigated properly and thoroughly and the facts are made public. 

• csmopar changed the title to Second allegation of Sexual assault/harassment made on Watson
35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I know the other thread was locked cause people made inappropriate comments but that was the first allegation. So please keep it clean. Now there is a second, more detailed and is being covered in NFL networks.

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-deshaun-watson-accused-of-indecent-conduct-in-civil-lawsuit-qb-denies-wro

I’m gonna preface this with innocent until proven guilty. Now that that has been said, I do think the league needs to step up on its enforcement of harsher penalties in such cases where said actions are proven beyond a doubt to be true. 

that said, I hope this is investigated properly and thoroughly and the facts are made public. 

Honestly it is one of the few times you could take a play from the MLB, they have started to go really hard on DV. Even if no charges 

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Honestly it is one of the few times you could take a play from the MLB, they have started to go really hard on DV. Even if no charges 

Yeah agreed. I’m hoping they’re not true as this guy is a QB I’d want in the field for the Colts. This has the potential in this day and age to be a career hampering event(s)

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You could say Goodell has a bitter taste in his mouth when Elliott got suspended and fought against the suspension for DV that eventually came out that it was false.

I think they need to create a committee to handle all punishments, and take that power away from Goodall, hopefully it would get better results than Goodall by himself

21 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

You could say Goodell has a bitter taste in his mouth when Elliott got suspended and fought against the suspension for DV that eventually came out that it was false.

I think they need to create a committee to handle all punishments, and take that power away from Goodall, hopefully it would get better results than Goodall by himself

There has been a NFL committee since 2014. Goodell formed it after the Ray Rice incident. 

There was video of what Ray Rice did, unless they have video or something else in concrete against Watson nothing will happen to Watson. 5 girls can come out and say Watson did this or that but without evidence they are up crap creek. That is the problem with these women waiting to say anything if something did happen. People can have suspicion and speculate all they want that someone did this or that but proof is needed to show he did something illegal/inappropriate. Hard to prove if lets say Watson touched them inappropriately for example, did they go and see a doctor or tell anyone about what happened to them if something happened? Proof is on them to prove it.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There was video of what Ray Rice did, unless they have video or something else in concrete against Watson nothing will happen to Watson. 5 girls can come out and say Watson did this or that but without evidence they are up crap creek. That is the problem with these women waiting to say anything if something did happen. People can have suspicion and speculate all they want that someone did this or that but proof is needed to show he did something illegal/inappropriate. Hard to prove if lets say Watson touched them inappropriately for example, did they go and see a doctor or tell anyone about what happened to them if something happened? Proof is on them to prove it.

Sad but true. I will say this, from an investigative stand point and experience, these types of cases are hard to prove one way or the other and often die on a prosecutor’s desk. 

that said, I caution you to think that if more and more allegations come out, again if, that the same was said of Bill Cosby and eventually, enough testimony with details made not public prior to those testimony, was enough to convict Cosby, 30 and 40 years after the incidents. These sound much much more recent than that. 

52 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sad but true. I will say this, from an investigative stand point and experience, these types of cases are hard to prove one way or the other and often die on a prosecutor’s desk. 

that said, I caution you to think that if more and more allegations come out, again if, that the same was said of Bill Cosby and eventually, enough testimony with details made not public prior to those testimony, was enough to convict Cosby, 30 and 40 years after the incidents. These sound much much more recent than that. 

Cosby drugged and rape a bunch of women (allegedly) and there were like 50 women that accused of him of this. I seriously doubt Watson did that but I get what you are saying. I guess sexual assault could be walking by a girl and slapping her on the behind if someone wanted to get technical about it. To me when someone says sexual assault, I think of rape. We will see how this plays out, this lawyer better have concrete proof is all I am saying because Watson could turn this around on them and file a lawsuit for slander.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cosby drugged and rape a bunch of women (allegedly) and there were like 50 women that accused of him of this. I seriously doubt Watson did that but I get what you are saying. I guess sexual assault could be walking by a girl and slapping her on the behind if someone wanted to get technical about it. To me when someone says sexual assault, I think of rape. We will see how this plays out, this lawyer better have concrete proof is all I am saying because Watson could turn this around them and file a lawsuit for slander.

I agree. With all of that. And I’m in the same boat. But I will add, IF all he did was expose him self nude, that’s indecent exposure at the most,  a misdemeanor. But if it went beyond that, who knows where this will fall. 

Just now, csmopar said:

I agree. With all of that. And I’m in the same boat. But I will add, IF all he did was expose him self nude, that’s indecent exposure at the most,  a misdemeanor. But if it went beyond that, who knows where this will fall. 

I agree, even if he was groping them and was forceful at times scaring them then yeah he should pay the consequences. You can't do that, he says he didn't do anything but who knows? Yeah Indecent exposure is just a misdemeanor but Watson was never even charged with a crime of anything was he? To my knowledge he wasn't.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, even if he was groping them and was forceful at times scaring them then yeah he should pay the consequences. You can't do that, he says he didn't do anything but who knows? Yeah Indecent exposure is just a misdemeanor but Watson was never even charged with a crime of anything was he? To my knowledge he wasn't.

Based on what we know currently, doesn’t appear he was charged. What we do not know is whether they contacted police when the events happened and if the police took time to do an investigation. It’s not unheard of for such an investigation to take 180 days to more than a year. So it’s not outside of the realm of possibilities that the police investigation, if there was one, just wrapped up with the prosecution declining to charge due to a he said she said case and no way to verify. We just don’t know. 

11 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I wouldn't take that play.  If no charges are enforced by the police, it is usually a he said/she said case.  Can't really believe one over the other.  I think the NFL should just have a notation of it in the Watson file.  If Watson ever is actually convicted of such a crime, they can pull the file and bundle with the charge and kick him out.    

13 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

This isn’t DV, both are massage people I wanna say therapist. Supposedly 4 more are being filed against him as well. What I don’t understand if it was so bad why didn’t they file charges?  Just weird you go for civil court first without at least trying get justice for yourself threw the system.  (I’d want MY daughter to face him in court and make him pay with his freedom if he done something to her then take his money.)

all of a sudden I think the Pats may be able get him for cheap since most other teams will fall off. 

19 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

This isn’t DV, both are massage people I wanna say therapist. Supposedly 4 more are being filed against him as well. What I don’t understand if it was so bad why didn’t they file charges?  Just weird you go for civil court first without at least trying get justice for yourself threw the system.  

Even if this was DV, there is nothing there yet.    If his girlfriend brought a civil suit against him for DV without any proof or without her ever getting the police involved, it would be a he said/ she said case that may or may not be true.  

I pretty much said it in the subject. Do you think these lawsuits effect his trade value?I say yes, before they could have gotten 3 or 4 #1 draft pick now I say they get one 1 and maybe a 3rd or 4th with the 1st rounder being lower than 5. What do you all think?

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

This isn’t DV, both are massage people I wanna say therapist. Supposedly 4 more are being filed against him as well. What I don’t understand if it was so bad why didn’t they file charges?  Just weird you go for civil court first without at least trying get justice for yourself threw the system.  (I’d want MY daughter to face him in court and make him pay with his freedom if he done something to her then take his money.)

all of a sudden I think the Pats may be able get him for cheap since most other teams will fall off. 

See my above post. In some cases, civil recourse is faster than criminal. Civil side, it’s much much easier to prove your case as the burden of proof is more on the defendant vs the prosecution. Case in point, OJ Simpson. 

I think the Texans are playing hard ball now. They knew these incidents happened and now they are going hard at Watson. The timing is perfect for them to try to blackball his move away from the team. BTW, I am not implying that Watson did not do anything. It appears he did but the timing of this coming out now is why I am thinking the Texans are the ones that tipped off the lawyer.

3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Ik this one wasn't DV, but the MLB has had lots of DV the last few years which is more what I was pointing towards was their policy on that. The fact is still SA and DV are similar in a sense when it comes to the way they are reported and situations around them. And as others have said, it can take time for charges to be filed especially in cases like this, even if it is reported the day of, it may still take months to even bring in a Grand Jury to see what is up. The most recent one, I believe, said it was December 2020, which is still pretty recent and not unusual to not have an investigation completed for these type of things, and even more so with celebs

• w87r changed the title to Second allegation of Sexual assault/harassment made on Watson (merge)
2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

I think the Texans are playing hard ball now. They knew these incidents happened and now they are going hard at Watson. The timing is perfect for them to try to blackball his move away from the team. BTW, I am not implying that Watson did not do anything. It appears he did but the timing of this coming out now is why I am thinking the Texans are the ones that tipped off the lawyer.

Oh man, I hadn't thought of that! Can you imagine if the Texans are getting back at Deshaun Watson for being vocal outside of the organization? Deshaun wanted this to be about himself, so now the Texans are making it about him by calling up his past lady friends. Yes, the timing of all this feels very convenient for the Texans.

Do I believe this? Not even slightly!! The whole thing smells like extortion from a ambulance chasing lawyer. First they ask for 6 figures to keep silent. THEN the "lawyer" advertises for more victims to come forward for the money grab. And what do you know, now 2 other massage parlor women come forward and say the same exact thing! He didn't touch them, he didn't threaten them, just said "massage this".. I really wonder how often athletes get extorted like this..

5 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

This may or may not mean anything, but what is the lawyer doing posting "more to come!"-type messages in Instagram?  Are these lawsuits or publicity releases?

That's my point, he actually held a press conference asking for others to come forward to "join the lawsuit". if that's not asking for victims what is. I'm sure they can find 1000 massage pallor women to come forward..

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

If your innocent, request a poly! 

Or if you accuse without filing a police report and got right for the 6 figure payday, take a poly..

1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

That's my point, he actually held a press conference asking for others to come forward to "join the lawsuit". if that's not asking for victims what is. I'm sure they can find 1000 massage pallor women to come forward..

Or if you accuse without filing a police report and got right for the 6 figure payday, take a poly..

Agree 100%

I

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/18/deshaun-watson-lawsuit-sexual-assault-masseuse-third-woman-nfl-texans/

If this has any truth to it Watson will be in hot water. I also have to say from the opposite end I seriously hope these women aren't lying.

Did anyone remember Brian Banks? That kids career was ruined by a woman that lied about being assaulted.

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/18/deshaun-watson-lawsuit-sexual-assault-masseuse-third-woman-nfl-texans/

If this has any truth to it Watson will be in hot water. I also have to say from the opposite end I seriously hope these women aren't lying.

Did anyone remember Brian Banks? That kids career was ruined by a woman that lied about being assaulted.

Josh mcnary too, albeit not nearly as bad

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived