Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blue jersey with white pants or with blue pants?

craigerb

With me, road whites are off-limits.

As to the blue tops, as much as i do dig the color rush blues, I’m an old-school-uni guy, and would lean to white pants.

I’m in Penn State country, and there are some similarities i guess.

I do think improvements can be made in the striping.  Minimal enough cahange to keep purists happy, but could “update the uni.  Perhaps 3 stripes down the leg and middle of helmet.  Middle one thicker than sides.  Not crazy wide.... tasteful like the stripes on a shelby. The middle stripe could be horseshoes similar to the way seattle uses imagry.  Maybe a large horseshoe on each shoulder that circles down around the number.  Minimal...... but updated..... without losing the “brand.”   Remember that outdated font that was recently retired?  A small “refresh” might be nice.
  I’d like to see a “ghosted” image of like padding texture or like metalplate image (barely noticeable) at shoulder pads, knee and thigh pads.  Like a 3d effect.   I remember oregon once had ghosted wings on the shoulders that were cool, bit not “too much.”

Well, if you couldn’t tell that it’s the off-season, here’s this thread...

For real though, interesting thread. I really love both combos, although I think blue on blue should be saved for one home game a year, to keep it special. I like all of our possible uniform combos except white jerseys on blue pants, that just looks weird to me.

I will say, I’d love to have a special alternate uniform that’s all black with blue and gray accents for special occasions, I think that would be awesome

Archived