Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Love Of Brissett is sickening

lennymoore24

I have been a Colts fan since I was 7 years old and that is a long time.  I have never seen an organization kiss a players behind like the Colts do with Jacoby Brissett.  Brissett was a 3rd round pick of the Patriots who started one game as a rookie.  He was then traded to the Colts for their former #1 pick Phillip Dorsett and anointed the starter because of Lucks injury.  The Colts had zero offense with him behind the center.  Two years later, Luck abruptly retires and Brissett is given a huge two year contract and called the teams new franchise QB.  Once again, they had almost no offense with Brissett at QB.  People love to point out they were 5-2 at one point, but that had more to do with running the ball and play defense than Brissett.    So after last year they bring in Philips Rivers as an upgrade and Brissett goes to the bench.  Now, if this were any other position or player on the team, he would be quickly forget ton about.  But not the Colts!  Ballard said he doesn't count Brissett first year starting because he came in with so little practice with the team.  And then 2019 he doesn't blame that on Brissett but "failure in many areas".  The bring in Rivers, but say early on they love Brissett and will make a package of plays to get him involved in the game as well.  Anytime I hear Reich and Ballard talk about Rivers or QBs going forward, they always talk glowingly about Brissett.  Who is the Colts man of the year?  Brissett.

Now lets compare that to another player Ballard loved.  Clayton Geathers.  Ballard said Geathers was everything he wanted in a Colts player.  A great leader and voice in the locker room.  Yet, as soon as he could replace him, he did and we never heard another word from him.    That is how Ballard and Reich deal with every player.....except Brissett.  I have never in my life seen a mediocre, at best, backup QB get so much love and attention.  What scares me is if they try to resign him!!!  Ballard can't even say Jacob Eason could be the backup QB next year, but he certainly can praise Brissett when he got him from the Patriots even though he had played once NFL game and was otherwise the Patriots 3rd string QB.

I am sure Brissett is a great guy and well liked.  But he is a terrible NFL starting QB.  I cannot wait until that guy signs with another team so I don't have to hear or read anymore about how the Colts are kissing his you know what.  It is sickening.  All that money for a guy who probably isn't any better than Chad Kelly.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I have been a Colts fan since I was 7 years old and that is a long time.  I have never seen an organization kiss a players behind like the Colts do with Jacoby Brissett.  Brissett was a 3rd round pick of the Patriots who started one game as a rookie.  He was then traded to the Colts for their former #1 pick Phillip Dorsett and anointed the starter because of Lucks injury.  The Colts had zero offense with him behind the center.  Two years later, Luck abruptly retires and Brissett is given a huge two year contract and called the teams new franchise QB.  Once again, they had almost no offense with Brissett at QB.  People love to point out they were 5-2 at one point, but that had more to do with running the ball and play defense than Brissett.    So after last year they bring in Philips Rivers as an upgrade and Brissett goes to the bench.  Now, if this were any other position or player on the team, he would be quickly forget ton about.  But not the Colts!  Ballard said he doesn't count Brissett first year starting because he came in with so little practice with the team.  And then 2019 he doesn't blame that on Brissett but "failure in many areas".  The bring in Rivers, but say early on they love Brissett and will make a package of plays to get him involved in the game as well.  Anytime I hear Reich and Ballard talk about Rivers or QBs going forward, they always talk glowingly about Brissett.  Who is the Colts man of the year?  Brissett.

Now lets compare that to another player Ballard loved.  Clayton Geathers.  Ballard said Geathers was everything he wanted in a Colts player.  A great leader and voice in the locker room.  Yet, as soon as he could replace him, he did and we never heard another word from him.    That is how Ballard and Reich deal with every player.....except Brissett.  I have never in my life seen a mediocre, at best, backup QB get so much love and attention.  What scares me is if they try to resign him!!!  Ballard can't even say Jacob Eason could be the backup QB next year, but he certainly can praise Brissett when he got him from the Patriots even though he had played once NFL game and was otherwise the Patriots 3rd string QB.

I am sure Brissett is a great guy and well liked.  But he is a terrible NFL starting QB.  I cannot wait until that guy signs with another team so I don't have to hear or read anymore about how the Colts are kissing his you know what.  It is sickening.  All that money for a guy who probably isn't any better than Chad Kelly.

He is a leader in the locker room.  

Also,   he is obviously much better than Chad

Geathers was a leader in the locker room.  So was Vinny and others.  Ballard didn't treat them like that.  If players were kept around because they were great in locker room, Tim Tebow would be a hall of famer.   I have seen nothing from Brissett to show he deserves the praise or money he gets.  The two years he started will always be two of the darkest years in Colts history for me. They simply could never score.

32 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I don’t that I’ve ever seen a longer and more clueless rant than this. What a load of hot garbage. 

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is a leader in the locker room.  

Also,   he is obviously much better than Chad

It is had to say he is better than any other QB because I just think he is not good at all. ai think there is s many as a dozen more backup QBs in the league who are just as good and at 1/3 the cost.

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

It is had to say he is better than any other QB because I just think he is not good at all. ai think there is s many as a dozen more backup QBs in the league who are just as good and at 1/3 the cost.

Its actually very easy to say he is better than Chad Kelly. One played in the NFL this season. The other didnt. 

He was overpaid as a backup for 1 season. That season is over. Dollars being the same, who are the 12 guys you have ahead of him. Id say I have at most 5, and most of them are former starters in this league. 

Here is the list of backups going into this season: 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-backup-quarterback-rankings-where-do-rookies-slot-in

Tua and Herbert are replaced by Fitzpatrick and Taylor as they were displaced as starters. 

14 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Brissett will be in the league next year.   Kelly won't

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Brissett will be in the league next year.   Kelly won't

I never brought up Kelly in my conversation. He as I understand was signed by Buffalo so he is no longer with the Colts. My gripe is we paid JB like $ 15-20M toward the cap this year and he contributed almost nothing on the field, Many are saying he is the best backup in the league and I don't see any evidence of that. My concern that I replied to is both CB and FR seem to have a love affair with the guy and I am afraid we over pay him again as I think we can do as well for a 3rd of the price we pay him.

415-20M

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I never brought up Kelly in my conversation. He as I understand was signed by Buffalo so he is no longer with the Colts. My gripe is we paid JB like $ 15-20M toward the cap this year and he contributed almost nothing on the field, Many are saying he is the best backup in the league and I don't see any evidence of that. My concern that I replied to is both CB and FR seem to have a love affair with the guy and I am afraid we over pay him again as I think we can do as well for a 3rd of the price we pay him.

415-20M

Yes,   they know the man.     They like him.   If he is back next year,  it will be as a backup at a much lower price. 

Also,  Kelly wasn't signed by the bills.   Or anyone else

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

I don't understand the Brissett love, either. I get that he is well liked in the locker room, but he is ultimately a back up, and their actions show us they believe this, too, so I don't understand the disingenuous talk. 

What is disingenuous?

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

Dude chill. CB never even said he was bringing him back so why the rant?

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,   they know the man.     They like him.   If he is back next year,  it will be as a backup at a much lower price. 

Also,  Kelly wasn't signed by the bills.   Or anyone else

Don't know for sure if he was or wasn't sign but heard he had a workout with Buffalo a few weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

Geathers was a leader in the locker room.  So was Vinny and others.  Ballard didn't treat them like that.  If players were kept around because they were great in locker room, Tim Tebow would be a hall of famer.   I have seen nothing from Brissett to show he deserves the praise or money he gets.  The two years he started will always be two of the darkest years in Colts history for me. They simply could never score.

jacoby is gone next year, same as geathers as soon as ballard could replace him he did .  They are just being nice to him ,and he was the only option when luck retired it was the right thing to do . It wouldnt be right to make a starter QB make league minimum . As soon ballard could replace jacoby which was the very next year he did .  I  dont get why you think they are treating jacoby different from any one else they praise every single player . 

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I don't understand the Brissett love, either. I get that he is well liked in the locker room, but he is ultimately a back up, and their actions show us they believe this, too, so I don't understand the disingenuous talk. 

Its not just jacoby though any leader in the locker room is praised non stop even if they suck .  Geathers was terrible and he was praised non stop same with mike mitchell . Look how the colts treat anthony walker and he ranks near the bottom in coverage among starting linebackers , he is so bad yet ballard non stop calls him amazing . 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

jacoby is gone next year, same as geathers as soon as ballard could replace him he did .  They are just being nice to him ,and he was the only option when luck retired it was the right thing to do . It wouldnt be right to make a starter QB make league minimum . As soon ballard could replace jacoby which was the very next year he did .  I  dont get why you think they are treating jacoby different from any one else they praise every single player . 

There's a good chance Jacoby could come back next year. The team obviously thinks very highly of him. Dont completely rule it out.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

There's a good chance Jacoby could come back next year. The team obviously thinks very highly of him. Dont completely rule it out.

If they bring Brissett  abd rivers back Eason will never get a chance  to show what he can do

Just now, danlhart87 said:

he is absolutely done with the colts . Ballard talks that way about many team leaders and they are gone .  No way ballard brings him back and keeps eason at 3rd stringer next year .  EAson needs the second string reps going against the defense .

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Being nice? I wish someone would be nice to me for 25 million.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Go try out.    See how it works for you

The point is (which you are totally missing) is that 25 million is obscene money for a backup that didn't do anything. Businesses are failing , families can't make ends meet...but a backup hardly used QB makes 25 million. Does that make sense to you?

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The point is (which you are totally missing) is that 25 million is obscene money for a backup that didn't do anything. Businesses are failing , families can't make ends meet...but a backup hardly used QB makes 25 million. Does that make sense to you?

hes obviously joking with you don't take everything so seriously 

Archived