Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Love Of Brissett is sickening

lennymoore24

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at cap numbers to see where the Colts are at league wise and saw the Saints were dead last. They are in terrible shape right now wow I had no idea.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point I just want him back to get the haters reactions in here because some just bash the guyHappy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Jacoby haters be like 

3 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

I have been a Colts fan since I was 7 years old and that is a long time.  I have never seen an organization kiss a players behind like the Colts do with Jacoby Brissett.  Brissett was a 3rd round pick of the Patriots who started one game as a rookie.  He was then traded to the Colts for their former #1 pick Phillip Dorsett and anointed the starter because of Lucks injury.  The Colts had zero offense with him behind the center.  Two years later, Luck abruptly retires and Brissett is given a huge two year contract and called the teams new franchise QB.  Once again, they had almost no offense with Brissett at QB.  People love to point out they were 5-2 at one point, but that had more to do with running the ball and play defense than Brissett.    So after last year they bring in Philips Rivers as an upgrade and Brissett goes to the bench.  Now, if this were any other position or player on the team, he would be quickly forget ton about.  But not the Colts!  Ballard said he doesn't count Brissett first year starting because he came in with so little practice with the team.  And then 2019 he doesn't blame that on Brissett but "failure in many areas".  The bring in Rivers, but say early on they love Brissett and will make a package of plays to get him involved in the game as well.  Anytime I hear Reich and Ballard talk about Rivers or QBs going forward, they always talk glowingly about Brissett.  Who is the Colts man of the year?  Brissett.

Now lets compare that to another player Ballard loved.  Clayton Geathers.  Ballard said Geathers was everything he wanted in a Colts player.  A great leader and voice in the locker room.  Yet, as soon as he could replace him, he did and we never heard another word from him.    That is how Ballard and Reich deal with every player.....except Brissett.  I have never in my life seen a mediocre, at best, backup QB get so much love and attention.  What scares me is if they try to resign him!!!  Ballard can't even say Jacob Eason could be the backup QB next year, but he certainly can praise Brissett when he got him from the Patriots even though he had played once NFL game and was otherwise the Patriots 3rd string QB.

I am sure Brissett is a great guy and well liked.  But he is a terrible NFL starting QB.  I cannot wait until that guy signs with another team so I don't have to hear or read anymore about how the Colts are kissing his you know what.  It is sickening.  All that money for a guy who probably isn't any better than Chad Kelly.

Looking back over the circumstances Jacoby faced is interesting. 1st year here, no training camp or offseason with the team. Thrown in on short notice. Plays terrible.  Then sits a year behind Luck.  Then last year Luck retires and Jacoby is once again thrown in as the starter.  This time he had more experience in the system. He actually played pretty decent before injury but we can all agree he left a lot of yards and points on the field. 

But here’s what’s interesting to me.  Some people want us to give up draft capital for a guy like Darnold.  Darnold has had 4 years as the man.  His team. All the reps. All the snaps (when not injured). And yet he has never had a QBR higher than what Jacoby had last season. All 4 of his years actually measure up (as far as QBR) with Jacoby’s 1st year here.  So be careful.  Instead of hearing the GM & HC telling us how good of a guy our backup QB is he could be spinning how good our starter Darnold is when in actuality he’s not any better than Jacoby.  Now that would be frustrating. 

Also, CB & FR could be trying to keep Jacoby’s stock high so that another team signs him & maybe we get a comp pick for him?

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Looking back over the circumstances Jacoby faced is interesting. 1st year here, no training camp or offseason with the team. Thrown in on short notice. Plays terrible.  Then sits a year behind Luck.  Then last year Luck retires and Jacoby is once again thrown in as the starter.  This time he had more experience in the system. He actually played pretty decent before injury but we can all agree he left a lot of yards and points on the field. 

But here’s what’s interesting to me.  Some people want us to give up draft capital for a guy like Darnold.  Darnold has had 4 years as the man.  His team. All the reps. All the snaps (when not injured). And yet he has never had a QBR higher than what Jacoby had last season. All 4 of his years actually measure up (as far as QBR) with Jacoby’s 1st year here.  So be careful.  Instead of hearing the GM & HC telling us how good of a guy our backup QB is he could be spinning how good our starter Darnold is when in actuality he’s not any better than Jacoby.  

Also, CB & FR could be trying to keep Jacoby’s stock high so that another team signs him & maybe we get a comp pick for him?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Just now, coltsva said:

I agree JB was way overpaid, but two things keep me from caring:

1. it wasn't my money

2. his salary never prevented the Colts from signing any player at any position

Yep, if we sign him for just 10 Mill as a backup which is a 50% paycut it won't hurt us at all. He is a great backup, there are just some that hate the guy and I can't figure out why. Every team should have a great backup that can step in and win a game or 2 if needed + he is a great teammate. Some in here complain about spending money but when we don't get Free Agents the same people complain and say we aren't spending money. That is like with trying get Robinson, we have the salary cap to do so and easily but I have seen some posts saying I wouldn't give more than this or that. 

The world is full of wage discrepancies. Every....single....team.....has players that are paid more than their resulting role is, and players who are working their donkey off to earn the league minimum. The difference? Character, hard work, and doing everything they can to earn that high price tag. I have absolutely no doubt that JB is honoring the Colts financial commitment to him by doing all he can. 

Rivers was a godsend to this team this year. But between injuries and learning a new team and playbook, I doubt he had to much time to mentor Eason. But you know who very well might have been THE difference in Eason becoming an NFL QB or not?......Mr Overpaid. And that would be a bargain!

Wow. Not being a JB fan is an unpopular viewpoint...so kudos to the OP for having the balls to share it. 

Even though I don’t agree with everything you said...I do agree that JB has been strangely coddled (by the FO) and oddly revered (by fans)...in a way I have never seen before. 

You mentioned Geathers...but look at Desir. He was the Walter Payton MOY nominee for the Colts in 2019...in the first year of his new 3-year deal. And then he was cut...and no one even cared. 

People here would laugh at another organization for having a $21M failed backup QB on the salary cap...regardless of who that player was. Just look at how people view Foles and JAC. And Foles actually won a SB and SB MVP...and is at least on the same “good dude level” as JB.

It’s just been a strange ride. But whatever...he will move on to a new team where he will hopefully get an opportunity to further his career...and that will be that. And then most people will move on.

6 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Wow. Not being a JB fan is an unpopular viewpoint...so kudos to the OP for having the balls to share it. 

Even though I don’t agree with everything you said...I do agree that JB has been strangely coddled (by the FO) and oddly revered (by fans)...in a way I have never seen before. 

You mentioned Geathers...but look at Desir. He was the Walter Payton MOY nominee for the Colts in 2019...in the first year of his new 3-year deal. And then he was cut...and no one even cared. 

People here would laugh at another organization for having a $21M failed backup QB on the salary cap...regardless of who that player was. Just look at how people view Foles and JAC. And Foles actually won a SB and SB MVP...and is at least on the same “good dude level” as JB.

It’s just been a strange ride. But whatever...he will move on to a new team where he will hopefully get an opportunity to further his career...and that will be that. And then most people will move on.

200.gif- I agree with the balls part lmao .

5 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Revered???  Nobody gets reverence around here but #18, #88, #32, #87, #93, & #98.  Nobody since that era ended has received or deserved reverence. (Maybe Vinny but his last season killed that.)

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Revered???  Nobody gets reverence around here but #18, #88, #32, #87, #93, & #98.  Nobody since that era ended has received or deserved reverence. (Maybe Vinny but his last season killed that.)

We love Bob too but good post. JB IMO is the most hated player on this forum with the threads he creates. There have been at least 10 threads about him, that is why I am having fun with this one. Between he and Chuck is a close foot race but Chuck has been gone for a while so now it is JB haha 

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Vinatieri helped Colts win SB and for that I will always be grateful 

Sad The Office GIF

12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Excuse Me what about #85 Ken Dilger

He almost singlehanded converted the Pocket to Colts Blue

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, if we sign him for just 10 Mill as a backup which is a 50% paycut it won't hurt us at all. He is a great backup, there are just some that hate the guy and I can't figure out why. Every team should have a great backup that can step in and win a game or 2 if needed + he is a great teammate. Some in here complain about spending money but when we don't get Free Agents the same people complain and say we aren't spending money. That is like with trying get Robinson, we have the salary cap to do so and easily but I have seen some posts saying I wouldn't give more than this or that. 

Why would the Colts spend $10M on JB? That’s a big chunk of the available cap space (after signing rookies). The only way that works is if they trade up to draft a rookie QB to start. But even then, that $10M could pay to bring Rhodes or Houston back...far more important players.

If JB comes back...and I doubt he does...I think it would be because his market isn’t there. So the Colts would probably offer something like $3M (if they don’t think Eason can take that role). I just can’t see a scenario where the Colts make JB the highest paid backup QB...again. That would be irresponsible.

5 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Why would the Colts spend $10M on JB? That’s a big chunk of the available cap space (after signing rookies). The only way that works is if they trade up to draft a rookie QB to start. But even then, that $10M could pay to bring Rhodes or Houston back...far more important players.

If JB comes back...and I doubt he does...I think it would be because his market isn’t there. So the Colts would probably offer something like $3M (if they don’t think Eason can take that role). I just can’t see a scenario where the Colts make JB the highest paid backup QB...again. That would be irresponsible.

Nobody knows what will happen, that is the problem and we have tons of money under the Cap. JB probably won't be back anyway but I just think it would be funny if he is just to pee people off that don't like him. He is making 20 Mill so 10 Mill is peanuts.

12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Not really pertaining to his play on the field. But perhaps revered is too strong...let’s stick with “liked.” 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We love Bob too but good post. JB IMO is the most hated player on this forum with the threads he creates. There have been at least 10 threads about him, that is why I am having fun with this one. Between he and Chuck is a close foot race but Chuck has been gone for a while so now it is JB haha 

JB is far from hated. Divisive...yes.

I don’t see those other threads...but they all tend to end up the same way. And no one is changing how they feel at this point. 

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

JB is far from hated. Divisive...yes.

I don’t see those other threads...but they all tend to end up the same way. And no one is changing how they feel at this point. 

I said it before and I will again 

I am perfectly fine bringing JB back 

This thread turned into a bunch of soccer moms spamming gifs lol

I'd hope the only scenario JB comes back is with a relatively small contract as a backup although I would rather see what we have in Eason as backup  and bring in a proven starter in the NFL. 

signing season 3 GIF

Ballard to JB 

1 minute ago, ScotColt said:

I'd hope the only scenario JB comes back is with a relatively small contract as a backup although I would rather see what we have in Eason as backup  and bring in a proven starter in the NFL. 

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

1 minute ago, ScotColt said:

soccer GIF- that's the point because the thread in the 1st place is hilarious since we have already seen 10+ threads about JB sucking over the last 2 years.

Just now, shasta519 said:

As soon as got Don Ballard‘s blessing and Capo Reich’s praise...he absolutely was a made man (and still is). 

Tommy (Joe Pesci) thought he was getting “made” too...  I guess Chad Kelly would be Tommy in this scenario. Regardless, I doubt JB is brought back next year.  We have to get a good look at Eason.  Unless you bring back Rivers & Jacoby on a backup deal and use him like a pace horse.  If Eason can’t overtake Jacoby then he definitely ain’t gonna be the man?  Probably would still be able to just release JB with minimal cap damage or try to move him if Eason shows promise?

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Tommy (Joe Pesci) thought he was getting “made” too...  I guess Chad Kelly would be Tommy in this scenario. Regardless, I doubt JB is brought back next year.  We have to get a good look at Eason.  Unless you bring back Rivers & Jacoby on a backup deal and use him like a pace horse.  If Eason can’t overtake Jacoby then he definitely ain’t gonna be the man?  Probably would still be able to just release JB with minimal cap damage or try to move him if Eason shows promise?

Yeah Good Fella's is a 4 star movie out of 5 easily. One of my favorites. Poor Tommy.

I don’t get the rage from the OP.  I don’t think anyone thinks if the Colts bring Jacoby back he’s going to be the long term answer at QB.  At most he’d be a bridge starter to a rookie but even that is unlikely.  If he’s brought back it would be as the back up QB.  It’s also not going to be close to the money he made before.  I also got the impression from Ballard’s presser it seemed like while he likes Jacoby he seemed to be saying it’s unlikely he would be back.   So I guess I don’t think there is much to worry about on this front.  

Archived