Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DIvisional Round Discussion Thread and Scores

danlhart87

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

Watching this game makes you realize how close the colts are to getting to the big dance. 

Yep, rooting for Bills vs Packers SB at the moment.

Anyone but Brady, but BUF/GB would make me feel a little better about the season. I feel good about it anyway,  but a team we beat and a team that wr outplayed and should've won(imo), sounds good right about now.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Will get that State Farm SB after all? Rodgers vs Mahomes?? :) 

NFC and AFC go back and forth with #1 vs #1 seed SBs lately.

2009 - Saints over Colts

2013 - Seahawks over Broncos

2014 - Patriots over Seahawks 

2015 - Broncos over Panthers

2016 - Patriots over Falcons 

2017 - Eagles over Patriots 

Don't forget Bills have Jake Fromm State Farm inactive 

Ballard during his presser this week mentioned how every QB needs to be able to throw from the pocket. We are saw how easy it is to shut Jackson down. While a guy like Allen can extend plays and run first looks to throw from the picket. The running game of the QB should be secondary to the passing game. Not what the ravens do. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I still think we can get there with rivers. All these teams are so close. If that chiefs and browns game is close it really shows how close all the teams in the afc are.

Agreed. I think Ballard loads it up next season for one last ride with rivers. 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard during his presser this week mentioned how every QB needs to be able to throw from the pocket. We are saw how easy it is to shut Jackson down. While a guy like Allen can extend plays and run first looks to throw from the picket. The running game of the QB should be secondary to the passing game. Not what the ravens do. 

The best QBs that use their legs do so to pass first - Mahomes, Allen, Wilson and to an extent Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We should of beat the Bills and Ravens. Yes we can win with rivers. Take covid out of the equation we might if only lost 3 games and had the two seed. Campbell stays healthy that adds a dynamic weapon to the offense. 

Well, the weather was much better for throwing for us and the Bills. Just goes to show you it’s a week to week thing in the NFL. A Turay mistake and Rodrigo missed kick came back to haunt us. 

I also feel the Bills D is better than people give them credit for.

Just happy the Titans are in it no more. O-line is everything when it comes to winning in playoffs. O-line plus a QB with mobility gives a very good ceiling.

Remembering all those years of Brady with good O-lines and Mahomes’ O-line balling last year and Cam Newton’s O-line in 2015 (till they ran into 2 great pass rushers in SB), and this year both Rodgers and Allen enjoying excellent O-line play.

19 minutes ago, Kdeming1230 said:

Colts are a very good team. I think we’re an edge rusher, 1 solid corner, and a qb away from a SB run.

I would substitute a #1 wide receiver for a QB in this equation, Philip Rivers is easily a good enough quarterback to get us where we want to go as long as the supporting cast does their jobs, because he will. He was within a few "mistakes" (numerous dropped passes, a missed FG & questionable play calling) of beating this very talented Bills team last weekend.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Yep, rooting for Bills vs Packers SB at the moment.

Anyone but Brady, but BUF/GB would make me feel a little better about the season. I feel good about it anyway,  but a team we beat and a team that wr outplayed and should've won(imo), sounds good right about now.

Same here although honestly if Brady gets bounced I wouldn’t have a problem with any of the other teams left.

37 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, the weather was much better for throwing for us and the Bills. Just goes to show you it’s a week to week thing in the NFL. A Turay mistake and Rodrigo missed kick came back to haunt us. 

I also feel the Bills D is better than people give them credit for.

Or if the Bills kicker missed like he did twice this week.  

i agree the Bills D is better than it gets credit for and I hope that makes people look at the fact the Colts put up over 400 yards on them and went up and down the field at will most of the game means the offense isn’t as bad some say they are.  

52 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Or if the Bills kicker missed like he did twice this week.  

i agree the Bills D is better than it gets credit for and I hope that makes people look at the fact the Colts put up over 400 yards on them and went up and down the field at will most of the game means the offense isn’t as bad some say they are.  

If our defense  could have held Allen to 17 we would have won

Would love a Bills/Browns AFCCG.  Two losing franchise playing to go to the Bowl. Would be happy no matter who won.

Report today is Taysom Hill will not play. He hurt his leg last week. That is big for the Saints in terms of short yardage and red zone. I still think the game will be close with the Bucs pulling away at the end. Brady and Rodgers would be epic in the NFCCG most likely in the snow.

11 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Watching this game makes you realize how close the colts are to getting to the big dance. 

....how close the Colts WERE to getting to the big dance.

Next season will be a different season, the QB position is still questionable. The AFCSouth will be presumably tougher. 

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I dont think you even watched the game. Goff played very well considering he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand and was pressured big time. 

Watched the whole game, his throws were off, his receivers were catching at their feet and diving to make catches often zero yards after catches even on short throws. It was bad, very bad.  In pres conference McVay when asked is Goff the qb going forward stated "he's the qb right now".....he saw it most the season and once again. Will be interesting who they turn to.

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

....how close the Colts WERE to getting to the big dance.

Next season will be a different season, the QB position is still questionable. The AFCSouth will be presumably tougher. 

Both things can be true. Ballard has his work cut out for him. 

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

Both things can be true. Ballard has his work cut out for him. 

The things I'm certain about are:

- The Colts were not far from being a SB contender this year. Actually they were a SB contender period. Had everything needed to plow through the playoffs. 

- The QB position is the single position that's almost a constant in post season participation and SB contention. The Colts dont have that secured for next season...EVEN if Rivers returns, because of his age, it's not a guarantee that he retains success.

So when you speak in present terms about it, I struggle to agree simply because without solidity at QB, well we're probably a 9-7 type of team.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Watched the whole game, his throws were off, his receivers were catching at their feet and diving to make catches often zero yards after catches even on short throws. It was bad, very bad.  In pres conference McVay when asked is Goff the qb going forward stated "he's the qb right now".....he saw it most the season and once again. Will be interesting who they turn to.

I agree that he wasn't Mahomes but under the circumstances he played very well. 

You act like and stated he was trash but yet he had the Rams within one TD with 5 minutes left in the game. 

Two weeks removed from surgery on his thumb on his throwing hand was a problem you fail to mention.

Not an excuse, just the facts.

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

You're assuming the Chiefs are locks against CLV....I think that game may be closer than you think.

52 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

It is possible that it will be close, but I don't think so.

Yeah as much as I'd like to see a Browns/Bills AFCCG (just to know that one of those teams will actually be in a SB, lol), I think Mahomes is going to make his usual WOW plays.  Today.  A week from today.  And three weeks from today.

If it's windy like last night in Buffalo, and Mahomes can't make accurate deep throws to Hill, then the Browns have a chance to keep it close.  They could definitely win if Myles Garrett rips off Mahomes throwing arm and hits him over the head with it.

tenor.gif?itemid=13136701

Archived