Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DIvisional Round Discussion Thread and Scores

danlhart87

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • danlhart87 changed the title to DIvisional Round Discussion Thread and Scores
14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Rams at Packers 

Ravens at Bills

Browns at Chiefs 

Buccaneers at Saints

Rams 15 Packers 25

Ravens 26 Bills 33

Browns 29 Chiefs 34

Buccaneers 24 Saints 22

Thoughts 

I'll participate officially since i went 6-0 in wildcard. I can pick games, but I'm absolutely HORRIBLE at guessing the scores. 

Rams 21 Packers 27: I just can't see an LA team going into the frozen tundra and winning. Bodes well for the Pack since Tampa and NO are both warm weather teams.

Ravens 27 Bills 24: If we limited the Bills possessions what do you Balt will do? No way to contain Jackson and secondary is a bit better than ours.

Browns 20 Chiefs 31: Unless the first snap for KC goes over the head of Mahomes and into the endzone, Browns will NOT repeat what happened last night. And that Steelers almost comeback didn't look good for them.

Buccaneers 24 Saints 30: Our lord and savior Tom Brady has been greater as of recent. But the Saints just have a much better defense Latimore and Jenkins are two absolute beasts to matchup here. And the bucs defense isn't stopping Brees

I really like the Rams D vs the Packers. Not sure what they will get out of Goff though. Maybe they start Wolvrood again if his neck is healed.

I think Bills win vs Ravens but I hesitate because the Ravens D looked so good vs Titans. I think Allen proves too much but I also think Lamar could torch that soft Bills D.

I really like Browns chances of upsetting the Chiefs. With 3 weeks off, the Chiefs could be rusty and the Browns are a fast starting team. Not sure if they can hold Mahomes off but that could be the upset of the weekend.

I like Tampa a lot vs Saints because the Saints are not playing as well as they were mid-season and Tampa is on fire offensively. I see a shoot out with Brady and his cast being too much to overcome in the end for Brees and the Saints.

One more thing.

I am thinking this is the year of No. 2 seeds. Every fantasy league but one that I was involved in, we had a No.2 seed win it all. 

Bills or Saints - one of them could end up winning the SB, only time will tell if my FF based out of left field prediction becomes right. :) 

Browns were so beat up by end of Pitt game they were playing walk ons...it could get ugly and fast.

Wolford ruled out for Rams so Goff starts and Blake Bortles comes in likely by 2nd quarter, their D can keep it close only so long,

They say its hard to beat a team 3 times in a season BUT Saints 38-3 November 8th showed difference between 2 squads, terrible matchup for Shaky Bucs D...if you make XFL backup Taylor henicke look like an all pro how in the world do you contain Brees ? You dont and wont, N.O. by double digets once again.

Buff vs Balt game of the weekend. Many down on Bills because Colts outplayed them by so much but Colts outplayed Green Bay and Pack are going to the Superbowl so take that with a grain of salt. Diggs best WR in the playoffs and I expect him to make enough big plays to ekk out a close close win.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:33 PM, danlhart87 said:

Rams at Packers 

Ravens at Bills

Browns at Chiefs 

Buccaneers at Saints

Rams 15 Packers 25

Ravens 26 Bills 33

Browns 29 Chiefs 34

Buccaneers 24 Saints 22

Thoughts 

We only disagree on 1 game, I have the Ravens. Good picks by you overall because the Ravens/Bills game is 50/50.

Speaking of favorite weekends, mine is actually AFC/NFC Title Game Sunday because there are 2 games. The SB is great too but a lot of times the 2 best teams play in the same conference and you have football all day on that weekend. When the Colts played the Patriots in 2003 and 2006, everyone knew the winner of that would win the SB.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am thinking this is the year of No. 2 seeds. Every fantasy league but one that I was involved in, we had a No.2 seed win it all. 

lol my 2 seed guy one too... i obliterated my league by 200 points above 2nd place and played some luck dude who scored the game of his life in the 1st round. I went 1 and done for the 3rd consecutive season..

Only 12 QB's have won 2 SB's or more as a starter: (1966-2020)

1. Tommy Brady 6

2. Terry Bradshaw 4, Joe Montana 4 - tied

3. Troy Aikman 3

4. There are 8 that have won 2 and they are by era - Bart Starr, Bob Greise, Roger Staubach, Jim Plunkett, John Elway, of course Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Big Ben.

Question is, will Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers enter this elite winning group? or will Pat Mahomes say hold my beer and get 2 already? 

Archived