Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DIvisional Round Discussion Thread and Scores

danlhart87

Very impressive for Brady to get this team to the champ game in season one. Their defense completely humiliated Brees. What a performance by White. Brady scored on every short field. Hard to believe he will be playing next week to get to his 10th SB. Unreal. I am very happy for Arians and Mike Evans and David. All good guys that deserve this.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Very impressive for Brady to get this team to the champ game in season one. Their defense completely humiliated Brees. What a performance by White. Brady scored on every short field. Hard to believe he will be playing next week to get to his 10th SB. Unreal. I am very happy for Arians and Mike Evans and David. All good guys that deserve this.

I mean Brady had a good regular season (huge improvement from last season), but what exactly has he done in the playoffs so far to get the Bucs to the NFCCG?  He was pretty solid last week against an 7-9, "Here by Default" Washington team.  And tonight, the Bucs defense completely carried them to a win.

Case in point to one of my earlier posts:

I mean, sure, let's not mention the defense setting them up at the Saints 3 yard line and at the Saints 20 yard line twice, make it sound like Brady was entirely the reason Tampa won that game.

It was borderline state-run TV when he played for the Patriots here.

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, StampedeBlue87 said:

I mean Brady had a good regular season (huge improvement from last season), but what exactly has he done in the playoffs so far to get the Bucs to the NFCCG?  He was pretty solid last week against an 7-9, "Here by Default" Washington team.  And tonight, the Bucs defense completely carried them to a win.

Brady is trying to pull a 2015 Peyton where Denver's D carried him off and on. I don't see them beating GB at GB but anything is possible with Tom lmao 

It helped that Brees threw three interceptions, and that Michael Thomas was held without a catch. The win was more on the defense than Brady. 

Aaron Rodgers had  his worst game of the season when he faced the Bucs a few months ago. That was in Tampa, so he'll most likely do better playing at Lambeau. 

17 hours ago, w87r said:

I just don't see how you make that call when 2 players are diving to the same spot. Of course their heads are going to hit.

Glad that was a no call 

The defender lowered his head to lead with the crown. I agree it's a good attempt at a tackle and bang bang play. But he choose to lower his helmet to lead with. That ball came out when the helmets collided. Should have been called in my opinion.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

It helped that Brees threw three interceptions, and that Michael Thomas was held without a catch. The win was more on the defense than Brady. 

Aaron Rodgers had  his worst game of the season when he faced the Bucs a few months ago. That was in Tampa, so he'll most likely do better playing at Lambeau. 

That always gives more ammunition for a team, playing a team a second time that they have lost to. We will see how it goes.

I promised my family I would spend time with them next Sunday, so I am going to have to choose which conference championship game I watch so that I don't take away about 7-8 hours from them. I might just invest in the late night AFCCG between the young QBs, my daughter has to get to bed for school anyways. :) 

11 hours ago, StampedeBlue87 said:

He converted over 50% of third and fourth downs for the game which kept all their drives alive. He also threw 2 Tds and rushed for the 3rd. He also scored TDs on every turnover, every short field which is what put the game away. He did quite a bit including audibling into multiple runs all night given the Saints were playing 2 safeties deep.

He absolutely roasted the WFT which was the second best pass defense in the leagued.

Just realized both championship games are rematches. Bills lost to Chiefs and Packers lost to Bucs earlier.

Only one of them gets to take revenge on home field, the other one would have to win on the road (the Bills). Bills' D is playing much better the last few games, and their main issue will be Kelce. If Mahomes plays, it is a toss up. If Henne plays, Bills win by 10+ on the road.

Archived