Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DIvisional Round Discussion Thread and Scores

danlhart87

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Not gonna lie, Chiefs didn’t seem to miss much of a beat with Henne in.

Edit* To clarify there was a drop off to be sure in production but nowhere near what other teams would experience.

Give the Bills a week to prepare for Henne with Mahomes unavailable, and I think they will demonstrate to everyone the difference between having to face Chad for an entire game that starts 0-0, not just the final quarter and protecting a 2 score lead.

7 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Give the Bills a week to prepare for Henne with Mahomes unavailable, and I think they will demonstrate to everyone the difference between having to face Chad for an entire game that starts 0-0, not just the final quarter and protecting a 2 score lead.

I don’t doubt it. I was merely offering an observation on the level of play of one Chad Henne

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I don’t doubt it. I was merely offering an observation on the level of play of one Chad Henne

He did play better than I expected him to, with a clutch run & a pass to seal the game but it's different than trying to generate offense over an entire game, like he'll have to if he's the guy next week but hey, he did beat out Colin Kaepernick in the latter's final NFL season.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has a lot of weapons though. 

So did Matt Cassell when he took over the Pats starting job in the wake of Brady's Week 1 injury - he won 11 games with a team that had won 18 the year prior, but failed to make the playoffs that year.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Oh No, that means listening to Romo :yuk:

Of course if Brady's in I won't watch which means no Romo.  Lol

I don't think you'll  have to worry about that - whomever wins tonite's "Battle of the Ages" will most likely lose next weekend at Green Bay.

1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

I wish because Romo is nauseating to me.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Oh No, that means listening to Romo :yuk:

Of course if Brady's in I won't watch which means no Romo.  Lol

Yeah I was just thinking about Romo being crazy during Rams vs patriots which was two years ago.. why they skipping NBC? Lol

18 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

https://www.liveabout.com/about-football-glossary-crackback-1333841

The call was a little delayed, but it appeared to me that what is described as a crackback did occur, especially hitting the lineman low.

It really doesn't matter now, we can agree to disagree. 

From your link though.

Crackback is a block by an offensive player who is usually positioned away from the main body of the formation and runs back in towards the ball at the snap, blocking an opponent back toward the original position of the ball at the snap.

That is not what happened. He blocked him away from the original position of snap.

It was questionable at best, and being late made it worse. Like I said though it doesn't matter anyway.

Appreciate the answer.

The brownies showed why their still the Brownies. The moment was TOO BIG for them, wasting time outs when your behind in the second half...Bad offensive & Defensive play calls. 

Down by only 5 they had the ball with 5 mins left. A TD drive probably puts them in the Championship game. They wound up with a 4th & long and had to punt!!!

THEY CHOCKED.

16 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

How do you not pull for the Bills? They’re the absolutely best sports story we’ve had in years. 

What is so great about their story? That they were losers for over two decades? 

Steffon Diggs has a punchable face. Jerry Hughes is annoying when he said the Colts never gave him a chance years ago, and ignored the fact that he played like garbage for us. They beat the Colts in a travesty (Colts should have won), and they're over hyped. 

I like Mahomes, I think he is the best QB in the league. Never seen a QB enter the league and dominate like him. I like Andy Reid; I think he is one of the best coaches in the league and I want to want to see them win another ring. I love how their team plays the game. Haha, and my favorite color is red. 

For some reason people love rooting for losers or (ahem) the underdog. 

Want to know someone with an amazing story? Tom Brady. Would be amazing if he made it to another Super Bowl and won it. 

Edit: on second thought, maybe I should root for the Bills, because the story of them going all the way to the Super Bowl and losing it for the 5th time is hilarious. It would make it all the more hilarious if Brady made it to the Super Bowl and they lost their 5th to to him. So maybe I should root for the Bills AND the Bucs. 

Just now, teganslaw said:

I like Tony Romo, but he was too excited about the Chiefs' winning. Maybe he likes Chad Henne or is a Chiefs fan. 

Now hoping New Orleans can take Brady and co. down. 

I personally thought he sounded like he was rooting for the Browns the whole game.

I just think he was surprised at Andy Reid's call.

Archived