Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans, Nov. 12, 2020, 8:20pm EST

NFLfan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• To be clear, I have no issue with anyone trying to read into what Ballard says.   None.    My comment is ONLY regarding the Behind the Pick video series.  Thats all, only that.   Otherwise, I join with everyone here trying to figure what Ballard is saying and is there anything to read between the lines.  
    • even with another injury, you think they are going to scrap AR and spend next years 1st on a new qb? I don’t… Ballard could be fired, but Steichen wouldn’t be, and a new gm isn’t going to rush it when they have a talented qb on roster. I think he’s going to get 3 years minimum, good chance of his entire rookie deal to show he is the future. Hope he holds up. 
    • its not a very strong safety class, so I don’t doubt that he’s viewed as the top safety prospect, but there have been plenty of talk that several teams view him more as a corner. And he fits the corner mold here. His tackling is far better than what we had last year at the position. If anything he’s rated high as a versatile defender that can be moved around depending on circumstances (injuries, personnel, etc). I just don’t think they are going to view him as a safety, when he fits the defense as a corner. The biggest reason teams are calling him a safety is because of his man coverage struggles. They think he would fit better at safety in certain defenses. That doesn’t apply in Indy. He can play multiple spots here. And Chris Ballard loves versatility. 
    • Cubs defeat Astros 7-2. Now only .5 out of 1st place.   NL Central Standings as of April 23rd: 1. Brewers 14-8 2. Cubs 14-9 3. Reds 13-10 4. Pirates 13-11 5. Cards 10-14
    • I guess media could be saying stuff that I don't hear, I should acknowledge that. I just don't think anyone sourced or serious is saying it. It doesn't seem like those opinions are based on anything reputable.    I was personally concerned that the way things went with Reich and Saturday could undermine the coaching search. It doesn't seem like that happened. The Colts interviewed a ton of good candidates, and wound up getting one of the more sought after guys. They got a highly sought after GM in 2017. There was the McDaniels treachery, but I think he was just a slimeball.    The Colts are not a big free agent destination, I don't think that has anything to do with Irsay. I think free agents sign with the team that offers the most money, almost all the time. We've seen the Colts attract QBs like Rivers, Ryan, etc. Even Baker Mayfield listed the Colts as a desired landing spot in 2022. Maybe there's a player here or there who's turned off by Irsay, but I don't think anything like that has ever been reported. Like you said, the players only say good things. Anyone who goes on the record says good things. Former players call on him to introduce them to the HOF.    I just wanted to throw out there that despite the whispers and stuff, it doesn't seem like there's any substance to the idea that the Colts operation is negatively affected by Irsay.
  • Members