Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Lions, Sunday, Nov. 1st, 2020, 1:00pm ET

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope you're all having a restful weekend. Coming off their bye week, your Indianapolis Colts (4-2) are rested and ready to go. They are traveling to Detroit for a meeting against the Lions who sit at

Darius Leonard changed the game

Ryan Kelly and Mo Allie-Cox both ACTIVE!! Let’s goooo!!

Just now, Turftoe said:

Thus far the defense are the only ones who came to play.

Like most weeks this year, unfortunately. Eberflus annoys me sometimes, but the guys on D ALWAYS look pumped and ready to play. The O looks like they’re falling asleep half the time

1 minute ago, SR711 said:

In fairness to Rivers, the effectiveness and potency of the passing game was predicated on having a top 5-10 rushing attack.  So far, have nothing close to it.

Puts a lot more on Rivers than was designed.

Yeah, our OL run-blocking scheme this year is bad. It needs to change

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I wouldn't be shocked if we picked up a LB later in the draft or a cheaper FA for depth reasons... but TBH, I think we'll see EJ Speed get more reps at LB this year.  The coaching staff says he has as good of physical traits as any LB on the team, but coming from Tarleton State he needed a bit of NFL coaching refinement.     I also tend to think with our secondary we'll see a lot of plays with 4 DL, 2 LBs and 5 DBs.  Meaning Leonard and Oke likely get the bulk of the LB work if Walker walks (which seems inevitable).  With Leonard, Oke, Speed, Franklin, Adams I think we're OK at LB without adding another one (with Glasgow being a 6th man unlikely to see LB snaps, but on the roster for ST work).  We also have the potential of Skai Moore coming back from covid opt-out.     Ballard has said in numerous press conferences that he likes Walker but the price would have to be right for Walker and the Colts.  I see Walker demanding high dollar and Ballard letting him go try to get that $ elsewhere.  As I noted above, I think the coaching staff is pretty high on EJ Speed and we have pretty solid LBs (well a stud in Leonard) with Oke, Adams, Franklin already on the team.  Like you said, I won't be shocked to see Ballard go after a later round LB in the draft or bring in a cheaper vet for depth purposes, but I don't think we'll miss Walker all that much if he leaves (we especially won't miss him if he is demanding a huge contract as we have other areas where we can/need to spend $).
    • I don’t have a specific number.  But I’m doing some basic math.      Enough money was lost this year that the salary cap number could’ve been much lower.  But it would’ve blown things up for all 32 teams, so it was agreed that the absolute floor would be $175m.   A few revenue streams came in a little better than expected so the current number is $180.5.   It may go up another 1-2 mill, but that’s reportedly it.    The agreement between management and players called for a gradual increase as things returned to normal.  Neither side wanted a sharp increase like — you know — $40m in one year.   Makes things too volatile for everyone.  The goal was to return things to normal in 3-4 years depending on how long the Covid issue remains.   That’s what I know.    Im not saying you’re 100 percent wrong about the figure just yet.   Only that it’s (A) too soon to know, the decision is a ways off.   No one knows if, or how many tickets will be sold for the ‘21 season?   And (B) it’s likely a wrong figure because the talk of gradual and manageable figures to return to normal for the betterment of both sides.   Thats what I remember reading when things got settled last year.   I’m guessing we won’t know for quite some time until revenue figures for ‘21 are better understood. 
    • That sounds good.    I would be fine with 6-8 pm and 9-11 pm ET with a 5 minute window for picks, so 16 picks should be done in 120 minutes. It would be like the real draft starting Day 3, where they get only 5 minutes between picks.     Would you have time around the beginning of April to help moderate this along with me? If it is a small window of time, it is a smaller time commitment on my front and yours, so I like this idea.   I can ask @NFLfan @csmopar and @danlhart87 again if they would be willing to make themselves available for those small windows of time thus giving us plenty of options. Let us bring this thread back up then.
  • Members

• ThePowerslave

ThePowerslave 37

• C0LT5

C0LT5 64

• jskinnz

jskinnz 1,819

• Fisticuffs111

Fisticuffs111 1,988

• Jeremy Waldon

Jeremy Waldon 184

• DaColts85