Chris Williams, Wagner, DT

DeMichael Harris, Southern Mississippi, WR

Donald Rutledge Jr., Georgia Southern, S

Farrod Green, Mississippi State, TE

Kameron Cline, South Dakota, DE

Kendall Coleman, Syracuse, DE

Rodrigo Blankenship, Georgia, PK

Travis Reed, South Alabama, CB

I'd give the edge to O'Donnell or Hot Rod, if any make it. Coleman also has a chance imo.

7 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

Carter O'Donnell

Yep... the theme with the UDFAs in the last several years has been - look at the ones that get the biggest signing bonuses. Rigoberto got the biggest bonus in his UDFA class and made the team. Hale Hentges surprisingly got the biggest signing bonus last year and made the team too. This year it's O'Donnell and Rodrigo Blankenship. So yeah... it will probably be between them... maybe both? 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

My darkhorse is Demichael Harris. Kid is dangerous with the ball in his hand.

I think Harris will end up on the PS. Could develop into a nice slot or satellite guy with return capabilities. Tried to find a 40 on him but didn't see anything. 

I always like to look at who has to be cut for one of those guys to make the team.

Except for K, I don't see much hope for any of them. 

I'd love it if O'Donnell makes it, the O Line depth isn't great.  But I've been fooled by those Canadian players before...

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think Harris will end up on the PS. Could develop into a nice slot or satellite guy with return capabilities. Tried to find a 40 on him but didn't see anything. 

This place has him at 4.52, and this one has him at 4.57, which (if either is true) would be fairly average speed. My guess is neither is correct because:

This place, however, has Harris quoted a couple years ago as saying, "Going into my senior year (of high school), which was the last time I was officially timed, I ran a 4.37 (40-yard dash) at Mississippi State's camp," he said. "But I'm feeling like I can go in the high 4.2s, low 4.3s right now."

I'm thinking the quote is much more likely to be accurate. 

7 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

This place has him at 4.52, and this one has him at 4.57, which (if either is true) would be fairly average speed. My guess is neither is correct because:

This place, however, has Harris quoted a couple years ago as saying, "Going into my senior year (of high school), which was the last time I was officially timed, I ran a 4.37 (40-yard dash) at Mississippi State's camp," he said. "But I'm feeling like I can go in the high 4.2s, low 4.3s right now."

Probably.  He was a track guy in HS.  For his size, he better be fast.  

They increased the PS size this year, right?  I think that's his best chance.

I'm thinking O'Donnell makes it because our OL depth is suspect.  Especially if he can play tackle.  I think Rodrigo makes it and Chase gets traded before the start of the season.  I'm giving Coleman a chance because you can't have enough ER's.  Although I would prefer they sign Clowney and let Coleman develop on the PS. 

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

If he is that fast...then it's a real shame his Pro Day was canceled. A 40 like that would have gotten him drafted no doubt.

Harris looks real fast...but also really agile...want to see what he can do in PS.

Signing with the Colts was a good call though...Reich likes that type of skillset...and there could be a spot in the RB rotation at some point in the future. 

4 minutes ago, joecolts said:

I believe Hot Rod stands a REALLY good chance of continuing the streak.  

I agree with this mainly because of the uncertainty the organization has had with AV. It reflects their lack of total confidence in Chase (not sure why), and that could open the door for Hot Rod.

8 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

I don't trust Draftscout #s at all, but Playerprofiler has been pretty accurate. 

Not sure what to make of his own quote. If MissSt is hand timed, they tend to be generous (in general at camps). If electronic, I'd have more confidence (on the 4.37 aspect).  Hard for me to buy the 4.2 and low 4.3 part, as he'd likely be on a big D1 scholarship at minimum for track and field. I follow a lot of the camps and college recruiting in general. Harris looks to have gone the Juco route prior the SMiss, so perhaps he just didn't have the grades. Still,  with that speed, seems he would have gotten notice from bigger schools coming out of Juco (he was only rated at 2 star Juco).

Need to watch some tape I guess.

I'm with the majority with Rico beating out McLaughlin  and O'Donnell I think also makes it, Coleman has a shot. Farrod Green hasnt been discussed much but he really showed a lot last year at Miss State and our TE depth is spotty IMO as M.A.C. didnt really improve as much as many thought.  Brandon Wellington had a hell of a season last year at UW can he join college teammate Jacob Eason ? Its possible he may have to beat out E.J. Speed,Skai Moore , Zaire Franklin and/or Matthew Adams as I expect Glascow to join Leonard,Okereke,Walker as the top 4 backers.

Archived