Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Target player you'd realistically love for Colts

BProland85

Mine is TE Dallas Goedert. He has ties to our coaching staff, and he is about to become a budding star in the league. So this is the time to deal for him, before his price becomes too high. Indy needs a longterm answer at TE, and Goedert would be just that. 

Just read where Jamal Adams and the Jets are at an impasse over contract negotiations.  I thought this was over but apparently not.  Adams wants a new deal before the season starts and the Jets want to wait.  Since we are up in the air on Hooker maybe a trade for Adams could solve things.  Safety for safety.  Jets get Hooker and a 3rd and we give an all pro safety a new contract.  

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where Jamal Adams and the Jets are at an impasse over contract negotiations.  I thought this was over but apparently not.  Adams wants a new deal before the season starts and the Jets want to wait.  Since we are up in the air on Hooker maybe a trade for Adams could solve things.  Safety for safety.  Jets get Hooker and a 3rd and we give an all pro safety a new contract.  

If they hadn’t drafted Blackmon then maybe , but it would cost more than Hooker and a third to get Adams. 

16 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

If they hadn’t drafted Blackmon then maybe , but it would cost more than Hooker and a third to get Adams. 

Blackmon and Hooker are both FS. Adams is a SS. He would be replacing Willis.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Blackmon and Hooker are both FS. Adams is a SS. He would be replacing Willis.

I still don’t see that trade happening, Willis has played well enough that they didn’t bring back Geathers. I mean Adams would be an immediate upgrade but I just don’t see the Front Office wanting to lock him in to such a expensive contract that he will want. Especially with our own current guys needing to get paid. 

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Mine is TE Dallas Goedert. He has ties to our coaching staff, and he is about to become a budding star in the league. So this is the time to deal for him, before his price becomes too high. Indy needs a longterm answer at TE, and Goedert would be just that. 

Why would the team that runs 1-2 sets 54% of the time...trade their budding superstar TE?

I mean hypothetically...I love the idea of getting Goedert...but no way he’s available.

I’ll go with OBJ.

If the Browns start slowly he could probably be had for pennies on the dollar, and he has all the talent to be a top WR in the league. 

On D.. give me Von Miller. Again, if Denver loses a bunch of games, maybe they sell. Imagine him and Buck coming to get ya!

From a realistic standpoint...I would stick with TE though. It’s the one position that really lacks long-term stability. So I would love to get Howard or Henry...IMO two potential top 5 TEs that (I believe) have been held back for one reason or another. You could add Njoku as a buy-low TE trade as well.

Outside of that...I guess you could look at CB or S. But I can’t really think of any available...that Ballard would be willing to pony up for.

21 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I still don’t see that trade happening, Willis has played well enough that they didn’t bring back Geathers. I mean Adams would be an immediate upgrade but I just don’t see the Front Office wanting to lock him in to such a expensive contract that he will want. Especially with our own current guys needing to get paid. 

Not sure what the Jets would want in return, but we could afford it with the cap being 120+ next year. 

I will be the anti trade voice.   Some of those mentioned need new contracts.  The Colts have their own to sign soon, so I'm not sure it makes sense to give up more draft capital for a good player who we have to give a bunch of money to.   Buckner was an exception because D-line was the most needed position by the team.

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He is a Great player. And can play great at all 3 levels of the D.

O.J.Howard - For an offense that has not typically featured TEs, Arians, no matter what he says after the addition of Gronk, has way too many mouths to feed, IMO.

Howard could probably be had for a 4th or 5th rounder now. 

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

O.J.Howard - For an offense that has not typically featured TEs, Arians, no matter what he says after the addition of Gronk, has way too many mouths to feed, IMO.

This. Here is a player who needs a new start and would upgrade the TE corps immediately. And it needs upgrading. I see it as the one remaining weakness on the offense. 

I'm a big Doyle fan, but we all know he has some limitations. Cox is still an unknown commodity; I like Burton but he's coming off injury and a lackluster year. 

The Colts lack a modern, pass catching TE; Howard would be that guy and I suspect he would come pretty cheap. 

So......Howard for a 4th round pick anyone?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

With Gronks injury history and the pressure on the Bucks to do well, I'm not sure they would trade him for a mid round pick. 

I would say nobody.  They just made their elite trade for Buckner and payed him all that money, and deservedly so IMHO.  That will be the extent of it for a while.  They could still bring someone in but it won't be an elite caliber player.

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

Not sure what the Jets would want in return, but we could afford it with the cap being 120+ next year. 

Isn't the salary cap for 2020 about $198 million.  I've read that the cap may go down depending on how Covid-19 affects attendance, concessions, etc.  However, dropping to $120+ million seems a little too steep of a drop.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

Isn't the salary cap for 2020 about $198 million.  I've read that the cap may go down depending on how Covid-19 affects attendance, concessions, etc.  However, dropping to $120+ million seems a little too steep of a drop.

He is saying Colts will have $120m in cap space. Not that the cap is $120m.

6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I'm saying that's the colts cap space in 2021

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

I figured the Colts would be using lots of that space for their own players.  

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I figured the Colts would be using lots of that space for their own players.  

Well so far only Kelly and Hilton have mentioned contract extensions so I'm not sure the colts will be bringing a lot of their guys back.

Archived