Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
John Hammonds

2020 schedule complaint

Recommended Posts

Maybe this doesn't go in the Colts group.

However.

 

Colts finish 7-9.  Add QB Phillip Rivers.  2020 schedule - They get only ONE Thursday night game.

 

Bucs finish 7-9.  Add QB Tom Brady.  2020 schedule - They get TWO Monday night games, TWO Sunday night games, and a Thursday night game.

 

Seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like it. I don’t like having to wait all day to watch my team. Plus win or lose I’m too fired up to fall asleep so usually end up being up until after midnight. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Maybe this doesn't go in the Colts group.

However.

 

Colts finish 7-9.  Add QB Phillip Rivers.  2020 schedule - They get only ONE Thursday night game.

 

Bucs finish 7-9.  Add QB Tom Brady.  2020 schedule - They get TWO Monday night games, TWO Sunday night games, and a Thursday night game.

 

Seriously.

Bucs will be a joke next yeae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Maybe this doesn't go in the Colts group.

However.

 

Colts finish 7-9.  Add QB Phillip Rivers.  2020 schedule - They get only ONE Thursday night game.

 

Bucs finish 7-9.  Add QB Tom Brady.  2020 schedule - They get TWO Monday night games, TWO Sunday night games, and a Thursday night game.

 

Seriously.

Look around this website.   There’s very little activity going on.    We are the Colts own website and very few fans are here.    If we’re not talking about the Colts, why should we expect other teams will?

 

When we are clearly relevant again, we’ll be back on National TV again.

 

Put another way, if you were in charge of making out the schedule that was in the best interest of the NFL and it’s TV partners, you’d do the exact same thing.

 

Seriously.    Honestly. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s already a thread with people complaining about this very thing, post this there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, usually I like to at least see two primitive games. We could always have one flexed I imagine, if we're in playoff contention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look around this website.   There’s very little activity going on.    We are the Colts own website and very few fans are here.    If we’re not talking about the Colts, why should we expect other teams will?

 

When we are clearly relevant again, we’ll be back on National TV again.

 

Put another way, if you were in charge of making out the schedule that was in the best interest of the NFL and it’s TV partners, you’d do the exact same thing.

 

Seriously.    Honestly. 

Ok well explain then who wants to watch the Bear or Eagles 4 times, Giants 3 times, Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, Browns and Jets all twice?? Plus that not to mention the Cowboys 6X!!!! A Pats team with no QB 5X. I personally think the NFL should lower the limit to 4 Primetime games to open up a few more slots so teams dont get screwed to only one primetime appearance all year. Make the minimum 1 primetime on the road and 1 at home.  And what's up with TNF its always a snooze fest selection of games it seems like

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look around this website.   There’s very little activity going on.    We are the Colts own website and very few fans are here.    If we’re not talking about the Colts, why should we expect other teams will?

 

When we are clearly relevant again, we’ll be back on National TV again.

 

Put another way, if you were in charge of making out the schedule that was in the best interest of the NFL and it’s TV partners, you’d do the exact same thing.

 

Seriously.    Honestly. 

Check out the Colts groups on Facebook.  All kinds of activity going on there.  I can’t keep up with it at all.  Plenty of interest in the Colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Maybe this doesn't go in the Colts group.

However.

 

Colts finish 7-9.  Add QB Phillip Rivers.  2020 schedule - They get only ONE Thursday night game.

 

Bucs finish 7-9.  Add QB Tom Brady.  2020 schedule - They get TWO Monday night games, TWO Sunday night games, and a Thursday night game.

 

Seriously.

Sorry to tell you but the nation isn’t dying to see Phillip frigin Rivers man.  Most think he is washed and he has the rep of never winning the big game.  Hardly a recipe for prime time viewing.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in my life I don't give a damn what the media thinks of us or their usually wrong predictions about us lol. I am used to it, we are a small market team that gets overlooked a lot - why should that shock anyone? They had us ranked 32 in 2012 and 2018 we ended up being a playoff team lmao . We do our talking on the field = 2nd most wins out of all teams since the 2000 season, 4 AFC Title Game apps - 1 was even with Luck it wasn't all Peyton, a SB win and 2 SB apps. We can have all 1PM games, doesn't bother me. We just win early in the day and can relax the rest of Sunday :thmup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to have stars that people want to see beyond your fanbase to get big time prime slots.  Most of the Colts stars are on the oline which other than diehard football fans most people don’t care about and not general viewing audience they are going for with prime time football.  The Colts have two guys currently who fit that mold Hilton and Leonard and a lot of casual football fans don’t know who Leonard is.  Rivers isn’t that type of QB anymore at this point in his career.  
 

This isn’t the Colts with Manning or even Luck that had two guys who were among the biggest stars in the game.  This is a young team that has to prove it belongs on prime time.  If they make the playoffs this year they will be back on in prime time next year.

 

I know that’s probably hard to hear for super hardcore Colts fans but it’s the truth right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You have to have stars that people want to see beyond your fanbase to get big time prime slots.  Most of the Colts stars are on the oline which other than diehard football fans most people don’t care about and not general viewing audience they are going for with prime time football.  The Colts have two guys currently who fit that mold Hilton and Leonard and a lot of casual football fans don’t know who Leonard is.  Rivers isn’t that type of QB anymore at this point in his career.  
 

This isn’t the Colts with Manning or even Luck that had two guys who were among the biggest stars in the game.  This is a young team that has to prove it belongs on prime time.  If they make the playoffs this year they will be back on in prime time next year.

Rivers is so disrespected because he doesn't have a ring but your point is well taken. I am ok with 1pm games all year lmao to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is so disrespected because he doesn't have a ring but your point is well taken. I am ok with 1pm games all year lmao to be honest.

Yes he is.  However as we all know from Peyton if you don’t get that ring the yeah but... always remains.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yes he is.  However as we all know from Peyton if you don’t get that ring the yeah but... always remains.

This is Phillip's last shot, he has the team and the line. Can't wait to see how it goes??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

Ok well explain then who wants to watch the Bear or Eagles 4 times, Giants 3 times, Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, Browns and Jets all twice?? Plus that not to mention the Cowboys 6X!!!! A Pats team with no QB 5X. I personally think the NFL should lower the limit to 4 Primetime games to open up a few more slots so teams dont get screwed to only one primetime appearance all year. Make the minimum 1 primetime on the road and 1 at home.  And what's up with TNF its always a snooze fest selection of games it seems like

I don’t expect you to like this answer...  but here goes...

 

As you listed them...  Bears represent Chicago...  Eagles represent Philadelphia and just won the Super Bowl a few years ago.  Giants and Jets represent New York.
 

Cardinals have Kyler Murray former  number one pick.   Falcons have Atlanta, Matt Ryan and a recent Super Bowl appearance.  Bengals have Joe Burrow and the Browns have Baker Mayfield and a boatload of talent.

 

Dallas is America’s Team, gets huge ratings, and have had an incredible off-season featuring a great draft.   The Pats are the most successful team if the last 20 years and, like Dallas, are a huge ratings draw — even without a name quarterback. 
 

I mostly agree with your view of limitations on appearances...  but in this season — which is very much up in the air — the NFL is trying to create as much buzz as fast as possible.

 

Indianapolis simply doesn’t move the needle.   This is the cold hard truth. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chrisbeldridge said:

Check out the Colts groups on Facebook.  All kinds of activity going on there.  I can’t keep up with it at all.  Plenty of interest in the Colts.

Compared to other teams we’re a very small quiet group.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t expect you to like this answer...  but here goes...

 

As you listed them...  Bears represent Chicago...  Eagles represent Philadelphia and just won the Super Bowl a few years ago.  Giants and Jets represent New York.
 

Cardinals have Kyler Murray former  number one pick.   Falcons have Atlanta, Matt Ryan and a recent Super Bowl appearance.  Bengals have Joe Burrow and the Browns have Baker Mayfield and a boatload of talent.

 

Dallas is America’s Team, gets huge ratings, and have had an incredible off-season featuring a great draft.   The Pats are the most successful team if the last 20 years and, like Dallas, are a huge ratings draw — even without a name quarterback. 
 

I mostly agree with your view of limitations on appearances...  but in this season — which is very much up in the air — the NFL is trying to create as much buzz as fast as possible.

 

Indianapolis simply doesn’t move the needle.   This is the cold hard truth. 

I’d only add that the Pats are also footballs bad guy and everyone wants to see the bad guy get beat so when they are on they draw a huge audience of people hoping to see them lose.  The fact they are based out of Boston doesn’t hurt either.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t expect you to like this answer...  but here goes...

 

As you listed them...  Bears represent Chicago...  Eagles represent Philadelphia and just won the Super Bowl a few years ago.  Giants and Jets represent New York.
 

Cardinals have Kyler Murray former  number one pick.   Falcons have Atlanta, Matt Ryan and a recent Super Bowl appearance.  Bengals have Joe Burrow and the Browns have Baker Mayfield and a boatload of talent.

 

Dallas is America’s Team, gets huge ratings, and have had an incredible off-season featuring a great draft.   The Pats are the most successful team if the last 20 years and, like Dallas, are a huge ratings draw — even without a name quarterback. 
 

I mostly agree with your view of limitations on appearances...  but in this season — which is very much up in the air — the NFL is trying to create as much buzz as fast as possible.

 

Indianapolis simply doesn’t move the needle.   This is the cold hard truth. 

TRUTH!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twist my arm......Sunday ticket for the 23rd straight year i guess.  Or is it 24th?   Shoulda bought stock either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait til they see the Offense make that thunderous noise to the house once Taylor gets going and his comrades, Pittman, Rivers, et all. Then we're prime to go!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. Cant wait to see Ugg boy struggle on primetime. 

 

:popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Good. Cant wait to see Ugg boy struggle on primetime. 

 

:popcorn:

And that is why Brady gets so many primetime games because tune in to see him get beat.  Nothing wrong with that for the record you just proved what we were talking about earlier about those wondering why he got some many primetime games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That is how I became a Cub fan as well. I got cable tv in 1984 and the Cubs were always on WGN with Harry calling games and I got addicted. The 1984 team was great too (fun year) and should've been in the WS but blew a 2-0 nothing lead in the NLCS. I loved Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe. In 1987 the Cubs were mediocre but Andre Dawson won NL MVP and once again the Cubs were fun to watch. I just stayed a fan since then even through the lean years and there have been many. Finally in 2015 the Cubs became a powerhouse and have been since then winning a WS in 2016. Off year last year but 84-78 was still a winning season. So far this season, the Cubs look great again.
    • Here is where I sit. Which is a safer situation to be in. A controlled environment that is constantly testing and taking measures to limit contact, sanitize, and limit  the spread of the disease and because you are being tested so often could likely notify you that you caught it sooner and help protect you from spreading it to your family and allow you quicker treatment all the while making millions of dollars well i think that would be a better option. Staying at home isn’t exactly safe...and I’d be surprised these guys aren’t at more risk by opting out then opting in. That said it’s a free country and if they are worried about their health that is respectable....I mean sure they play the most violent and harmful sport/activity that one could so obviously worrying about their health goes so far but it’s their right to choose. Just know you while you are sitting someone is taking your job and that money you pass up there is no other job after football that you can make up that money in.
    • Football as a blood sport?
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...