Indianapolis Colts
John Hammonds

2020 schedule complaint

Maybe this doesn't go in the Colts group.

However.

Colts finish 7-9.  Add QB Phillip Rivers.  2020 schedule - They get only ONE Thursday night game.

Bucs finish 7-9.  Add QB Tom Brady.  2020 schedule - They get TWO Monday night games, TWO Sunday night games, and a Thursday night game.

Seriously.

I actually like it. I don’t like having to wait all day to watch my team. Plus win or lose I’m too fired up to fall asleep so usually end up being up until after midnight. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

However.

Colts finish 7-9.  Add QB Phillip Rivers.  2020 schedule - They get only ONE Thursday night game.

Bucs finish 7-9.  Add QB Tom Brady.  2020 schedule - They get TWO Monday night games, TWO Sunday night games, and a Thursday night game.

Seriously.

Bucs will be a joke next yeae

12 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

However.

Seriously.

Look around this website.   There’s very little activity going on.    We are the Colts own website and very few fans are here.    If we’re not talking about the Colts, why should we expect other teams will?

When we are clearly relevant again, we’ll be back on National TV again.

Put another way, if you were in charge of making out the schedule that was in the best interest of the NFL and it’s TV partners, you’d do the exact same thing.

Seriously.    Honestly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There’s already a thread with people complaining about this very thing, post this there

Yeah, usually I like to at least see two primitive games. We could always have one flexed I imagine, if we're in playoff contention.

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look around this website.   There’s very little activity going on.    We are the Colts own website and very few fans are here.    If we’re not talking about the Colts, why should we expect other teams will?

Put another way, if you were in charge of making out the schedule that was in the best interest of the NFL and it’s TV partners, you’d do the exact same thing.

Seriously.    Honestly. 

Ok well explain then who wants to watch the Bear or Eagles 4 times, Giants 3 times, Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, Browns and Jets all twice?? Plus that not to mention the Cowboys 6X!!!! A Pats team with no QB 5X. I personally think the NFL should lower the limit to 4 Primetime games to open up a few more slots so teams dont get screwed to only one primetime appearance all year. Make the minimum 1 primetime on the road and 1 at home.  And what's up with TNF its always a snooze fest selection of games it seems like

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously.    Honestly. 

Check out the Colts groups on Facebook.  All kinds of activity going on there.  I can’t keep up with it at all.  Plenty of interest in the Colts.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

However.

Seriously.

Sorry to tell you but the nation isn’t dying to see Phillip frigin Rivers man.  Most think he is washed and he has the rep of never winning the big game.  Hardly a recipe for prime time viewing.  

• Like 2

At this point in my life I don't give a damn what the media thinks of us or their usually wrong predictions about us lol. I am used to it, we are a small market team that gets overlooked a lot - why should that shock anyone? They had us ranked 32 in 2012 and 2018 we ended up being a playoff team lmao . We do our talking on the field = 2nd most wins out of all teams since the 2000 season, 4 AFC Title Game apps - 1 was even with Luck it wasn't all Peyton, a SB win and 2 SB apps. We can have all 1PM games, doesn't bother me. We just win early in the day and can relax the rest of Sunday :thmup:

• Like 1

You have to have stars that people want to see beyond your fanbase to get big time prime slots.  Most of the Colts stars are on the oline which other than diehard football fans most people don’t care about and not general viewing audience they are going for with prime time football.  The Colts have two guys currently who fit that mold Hilton and Leonard and a lot of casual football fans don’t know who Leonard is.  Rivers isn’t that type of QB anymore at this point in his career.  

This isn’t the Colts with Manning or even Luck that had two guys who were among the biggest stars in the game.  This is a young team that has to prove it belongs on prime time.  If they make the playoffs this year they will be back on in prime time next year.

I know that’s probably hard to hear for super hardcore Colts fans but it’s the truth right now.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You have to have stars that people want to see beyond your fanbase to get big time prime slots.  Most of the Colts stars are on the oline which other than diehard football fans most people don’t care about and not general viewing audience they are going for with prime time football.  The Colts have two guys currently who fit that mold Hilton and Leonard and a lot of casual football fans don’t know who Leonard is.  Rivers isn’t that type of QB anymore at this point in his career.  

This isn’t the Colts with Manning or even Luck that had two guys who were among the biggest stars in the game.  This is a young team that has to prove it belongs on prime time.  If they make the playoffs this year they will be back on in prime time next year.

Rivers is so disrespected because he doesn't have a ring but your point is well taken. I am ok with 1pm games all year lmao to be honest.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is so disrespected because he doesn't have a ring but your point is well taken. I am ok with 1pm games all year lmao to be honest.

Yes he is.  However as we all know from Peyton if you don’t get that ring the yeah but... always remains.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yes he is.  However as we all know from Peyton if you don’t get that ring the yeah but... always remains.

This is Phillip's last shot, he has the team and the line. Can't wait to see how it goes??

28 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

Ok well explain then who wants to watch the Bear or Eagles 4 times, Giants 3 times, Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, Browns and Jets all twice?? Plus that not to mention the Cowboys 6X!!!! A Pats team with no QB 5X. I personally think the NFL should lower the limit to 4 Primetime games to open up a few more slots so teams dont get screwed to only one primetime appearance all year. Make the minimum 1 primetime on the road and 1 at home.  And what's up with TNF its always a snooze fest selection of games it seems like

I don’t expect you to like this answer...  but here goes...

As you listed them...  Bears represent Chicago...  Eagles represent Philadelphia and just won the Super Bowl a few years ago.  Giants and Jets represent New York.

Cardinals have Kyler Murray former  number one pick.   Falcons have Atlanta, Matt Ryan and a recent Super Bowl appearance.  Bengals have Joe Burrow and the Browns have Baker Mayfield and a boatload of talent.

Dallas is America’s Team, gets huge ratings, and have had an incredible off-season featuring a great draft.   The Pats are the most successful team if the last 20 years and, like Dallas, are a huge ratings draw — even without a name quarterback. 

I mostly agree with your view of limitations on appearances...  but in this season — which is very much up in the air — the NFL is trying to create as much buzz as fast as possible.

Indianapolis simply doesn’t move the needle.   This is the cold hard truth. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, chrisbeldridge said:

Check out the Colts groups on Facebook.  All kinds of activity going on there.  I can’t keep up with it at all.  Plenty of interest in the Colts.

Compared to other teams we’re a very small quiet group.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you listed them...  Bears represent Chicago...  Eagles represent Philadelphia and just won the Super Bowl a few years ago.  Giants and Jets represent New York.

Cardinals have Kyler Murray former  number one pick.   Falcons have Atlanta, Matt Ryan and a recent Super Bowl appearance.  Bengals have Joe Burrow and the Browns have Baker Mayfield and a boatload of talent.

Dallas is America’s Team, gets huge ratings, and have had an incredible off-season featuring a great draft.   The Pats are the most successful team if the last 20 years and, like Dallas, are a huge ratings draw — even without a name quarterback. 

I mostly agree with your view of limitations on appearances...  but in this season — which is very much up in the air — the NFL is trying to create as much buzz as fast as possible.

I’d only add that the Pats are also footballs bad guy and everyone wants to see the bad guy get beat so when they are on they draw a huge audience of people hoping to see them lose.  The fact they are based out of Boston doesn’t hurt either.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

TRUTH!

• Thanks 1

Twist my arm......Sunday ticket for the 23rd straight year i guess.  Or is it 24th?   Shoulda bought stock either way.

Wait til they see the Offense make that thunderous noise to the house once Taylor gets going and his comrades, Pittman, Rivers, et all. Then we're prime to go!!

Good. Cant wait to see Ugg boy struggle on primetime. 

:popcorn:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Good. Cant wait to see Ugg boy struggle on primetime. 

:popcorn:

And that is why Brady gets so many primetime games because tune in to see him get beat.  Nothing wrong with that for the record you just proved what we were talking about earlier about those wondering why he got some many primetime games.