Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Class

Too early?  Hey it's NEVER too early.  Who are some of the guys we should be looking at for next year?  One guy I'm intrigued by and will be watching closely is Trey Lance from NDSU.  I know we drafted Eason, but you never know and I just can't see Brissett staying and making all that money to be a backup.

Who are some top guys we should be watching this season?

The OT position is pretty deep next year. Penei Sewell is a generational tackle that is better than anybody in the 2020 draft class.

I'm keeping an eye on Walker Little, Sam Cosmi, Alex Leatherwood, and Jalen Mayfield at the position as well.

OT

-I forget his name but there is some huge OT from Oregon who I’ve heard is a 1st round lock.

-Walker Little from Stanford. Could’ve came out but had a knee injury.

At DB:

-Paulson Adebo from Stanford. He was in 1st round mocks before he decided to stay. Good decision as some of the WRs that just got drafted had some wins against him.

-Hamsah Nasirldeen, SS from Florida State. Loved this guy. Physical downhill player who I also liked in coverage. I think he would have been the top safety in this years class had he come out.

At DT:

-Marvin Wilson from Florida State. Just go watch the tape.

Thats all I have for guys we should be watching, seeing as how we probably shouldn’t have needs at WR and RB now. Plus we already know about the QBs if you still think that’ll be a need.

QB - I posted in the Qb thread about Trey Lance. Also will be watching Jamie Newman, Brock Purdy, Kj Costello. As a Canes fan very excited to see D’Eriq King. 

TE - really good class at the top - Brevin Jordan Miami, Pat Freirmuth Penn st, Kyle Pitts FL

OT - Looks like a strong class. Top Gus like Sewell will be gone. OT Trey Smith TN is one to watch

Wr  - Devonta Smith. There a ton of wrs again but really like his game

RB - not really a need but Travis Etiene & Chuba hubbard

DT Marvin Wilson

DE Greg Rousseau Miami - played Wr/S in HS. 6’6 260 and extremely long. Finished strong last year with 15.5 sacks

LB - Micah Parsons Penn st - super talented and athletic

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

OT

-I forget his name but there is some huge OT from Oregon who I’ve heard is a 1st round lock.

-Walker Little from Stanford. Could’ve came out but had a knee injury.

At DB:

-Paulson Adebo from Stanford. He was in 1st round mocks before he decided to stay. Good decision as some of the WRs that just got drafted had some wins against him.

-Hamsah Nasirldeen, SS from Florida State. Loved this guy. Physical downhill player who I also liked in coverage. I think he would have been the top safety in this years class had he come out.

At DT:

-Marvin Wilson from Florida State. Just go watch the tape.

Thats all I have for guys we should be watching, seeing as how we probably shouldn’t have needs at WR and RB now. Plus we already know about the QBs if you still think that’ll be a need.

Ya unless im mistake Pittman destroyed him in that USC Stanford game last year. In talking about Adebo he was horrible against Pittman.

I continue to reiterate that mantra and I apologize if it becomes tiring at some point - until we have a long-term franchise QB on the roster, acquiring one should be priority no. 1 and thus this will be my priority next season unless Eason is forced to play and looks awesome.

Secondary positions we might need to watch

-OT(successor to AC to get in the building and develop before he has to play in 2022)

-CB - I still think we are not set enough at the position unless some(actually most) of the youngsters show good play this coming season

-TE... 

-OC? It's kind of interesting that Kelly has not yet been extended and he will play on his 5th year option this coming season. I'm not sure Ballard wants to pay him long-term?

-WR - Depending on what happens with TY and the youth at the position, we might need to invest yet again at WR. I also hear the draft is pretty good at WR again.

19 hours ago, stitches said:

-OC? It's kind of interesting that Kelly has not yet been extended and he will play on his 5th year option this coming season. I'm not sure Ballard wants to pay him long-term?

This is a good point. I think Ballard wants to make sure he can stay healthy before paying him. I think Ballard sees that Kelly is solid and wants to keep the OL together but you have to make sure he can stay healthy first. 

Alex Leatherwood (OT Alabama) - Could've came out and declared but returned for his senior season. This is going to be another good offensive lineman class in 2021. 

Gregory Rousseau  (DE Miami) - Only trailed Chase Young with 15.5 sacks in 2019. Had he'd been eligible, he would've been a top 10 pick. 

Israel Mukuamu (CB South Carolina) - Dude is listed at 6"4 205 and is a CB. With that height and size, I'm going to say he's going to be an Isaiah Simmons prototype player who can play all over the defense. 

Then you have guys like Little, Sewell, and Jamar Chase, who are projected to be top 10 picks. Micah Parsons, Joe Tyron, Devonte Smith, Cosmi, Mays, and Trey Smith all possibilities. 

On 4/27/2020 at 1:36 PM, coltsfan40 said:

I like Marvin Wilson ! I going say right now the OT we took from Alberta in udfa is going make team and will be a steal.

Getting another dominant DT next to Buckner for the future sure would be nice! Ballard wants a DL similar to the 49ers!

As far as my Buckeyes go, if you want interior offensive linemen, both Josh Myers and Wyatt Davis will be eligible. I don't know if either or both will declare, but I've been watching my Bucks for over 45 years now, and that is THE BEST center-guard combo I've ever seen line up together in all that time. And yes, I know EXACTLY what that is saying.

Those guys absolutely MAUL every defender they face. Doesn't matter who it is, either. It's almost comical most of the time watching defenders try to get past either one of them. I'm going to be banging the drum loudly for those two super-studs come this time next year should they declare.

Most of the talent in the 2021 draft class will be offensive. There are some great blue chip offensive linemen, WR’s, and arguably the best TE to come out of college since Gronk. 

OT Penei Sewell, 6’6 325 Top 3 pick

OT Walker Little, 6’7 315 lbs Top 5 pick

OT Samuel Cosmi, 6’7 310 lbs Top 10 

WR Ja’marr Chase, 6’1 200 lbs Top 5

WR Justyn Ross, 6’4 205 lbs Top 10

WR Jaylen Waddle 5’11, 185 lbs Top 15

WR Devonta Smith 6’ 1 185 lbs Top 20

TE Pat Freiermuth, 6’5 260 lbs Top 25

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, BProland85 said:

Getting another dominant DT next to Buckner for the future sure would be nice! Ballard wants a DL similar to the 49ers!

Well, he will have to b picking in the top 10 or lower for a couple more years if that's  his goal. Just being a smart ...!

On 4/28/2020 at 9:54 PM, coltsfanatic24 said:

Most of the talent in the 2021 draft class will be offensive. There are some great blue chip offensive linemen, WR’s, and arguably the best TE to come out of college since Gronk. 

OT Penei Sewell, 6’6 325 Top 3 pick

OT Walker Little, 6’7 315 lbs Top 5 pick

OT Samuel Cosmi, 6’7 310 lbs Top 10 

WR Ja’marr Chase, 6’1 200 lbs Top 5

WR Justyn Ross, 6’4 205 lbs Top 10

WR Jaylen Waddle 5’11, 185 lbs Top 15

WR Devonta Smith 6’ 1 185 lbs Top 20

TE Pat Freiermuth, 6’5 260 lbs Top 25

Loaded WR group again...might as well add one more.

Archived