Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots involved in another Spygate?

PeterBowman

6 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

This is next level and suggests that it is systematic. Well done to the Bengals. Now, let's see what the NFL will do...It will probably be under the pillow money for Kraft. 

So less money for Kraft to spend for "Massages?"

• Like 1

"A cameraman who identified himself as a Robert Kraft employee was asked if he could 'just delete the footage' when a Bengals employee caught him."

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-cameraman-reportedly-asked-to-just-delete-the-footage-bill-belichick-denies-any-involvement-235522269.html

This confirms the Patriots cameraman did not ask for permission to be on the sidelines. This reminds me of what my photography professor said once back in college: "It's better to get caught with something than to ask permission and get nothing at all."

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

The fans who believe this is a misunderstanding, or a mistake....are playing checkers, and BB is playing three level chess. 

The Patriots are a cheating franchise. They are also very well run, and no one can deny that. However, When the filming evidence was destroyed, it was nail in the coffin proof that their practices....revealed, would have struck a blow to the integrity of the NFL. 

Cheaters. Period. 

BB and the Pats remind me of Putin and his lying regime. It's like Putin is BB's idol, without the murders of course.

Sad thing is that we will never know the truth. Why do u think Goodell burned all the tapes in the original spygate? I believe the evidence would have shown that the Pats were up to more than just stealing signals. With the new allegations it would test the legitimacy of their 6 super bowls if they were found to b cheating. It will b swept under the rug much like Craft's rub and tug incident. Goodell has done a lot financially for the NFL but I find him to be both fake and sleazy.  He does not want these new allegations gaining traction.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I am pretty sure I saw a quote out there that this "Do Your Job" series has been going on for several years.

Knowing their history of cheating, why would the NFL or other ball clubs allow the Patriots to do that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

"A cameraman who identified himself as a Robert Kraft employee was asked if he could 'just delete the footage' when a Bengals employee caught him."

"Just delete the footage" = "destroy Brady's cell phone"

They cheat and get rid of the evidence when they get caught. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Knowing their history of cheating, why would the NFL or other ball clubs allow the Patriots to do that?

I've been wondering the same thing myself.  Seems like this was inevitable.  I saw it started in 2014, which it would have been 6 years - you ready for this coincidence?

2007 season - spygate broke and lost super bowl that season.

2008 season - missed playoffs (Brady injury)

2009 season - lost wild card

2010 season - lost divisional round

2011 season - lost super bowl

2012 season - lost conference championship

2013 season - lost conference championship

-----    2014 Do Your Job Films Covers 2014 Season    -----

2014 season - Win Super Bowl

2015 season - Lost CFCG to Peyton Manning and the Broncos

2016 season - Won SB

2017 season - Lost SB

2018 season - Won SB

Do we really think that the those scouts were for documentary purposes only?

So lets get this straight.  They're punished for spygate, which covers pretty much proves they recorded opponents starting from their first super bowl win through their third.  Spygate breaks in 2007 and not a single super bowl appearance in the years after spygate broke and before Do Your Job.  Then, filming for Do Your Job begins, and 4 SB appearances in 5 years, winning 3 of them.  

dr-evil-right.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The real question is when do the other 31 owners get sick of it and tell Goodell to stand up to Kraft or they will find someone who will.

Goodell has fined and suspended the Patriots more than any other team in the league since he took over being the commish. 

We're kind of at an impasse until we see that film (which I hope gets made public eventually). No doubt Goodell has knowledgeable personnel who work as scouts who can determine if the video actually makes sense in the context of what the Patriots video crew said it was intended for.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Goodell has fined and suspended the Patriots more than any other team in the league since he took over being the commish. 

And tried to brush spygate under the rug.  He did stand up to him over deflate gate.  I hope he does the same here.  This is the third time clearly the message hasn’t gotten home.  It’s time to drop a hammer in my opinion.  Yes he’s punished the Pats more than any other commish but the real issue is that he’s had too.  He’s not just picking on them.  He’s also been questionable at times like his handling of the first spy gate.  I hope that doesn’t happen here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

and there lies the problem. Obviously the Patriots haven't gotten the message. Time for some serious punishments, at the minimum, post season ban. Send a message that this crap ends now.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

We're kind of at an impasse until we see that film (which I hope gets made public eventually). No doubt Goodell has knowledgeable personnel who work as scouts who can determine if the video actually makes sense in the context of what the Patriots video crew said it was intended for.

So there was a documentary after the first spygate where these video crews are told to say they are filming for some team documentaries and stuff. It’s all a lie. Plus why would a patriots film crew want to interview bengals personel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So there was a documentary after the first spygate where these video crews are told to say they are filming for some team documentaries and stuff. It’s all a lie. Plus why would a patriots film crew want to interview bengals personel. 

i'd love to see their superbowls stripped

• Like 2

Make them ineligible for the playoffs this year, since they are facing the Bengals this week, and that videotaping would have huge implications on playoff seedings. Strip them of their next 5 first round picks, and don't allow them to trade draft picks for the next 5 years.

That would be laying down the hammer.

• Like 3

Haha, we are still here. Just hiding in shame. This is unbelievable...but of course totally believable. Ernie needs to open the locked desk drawer, and just tell the truth. The 6 trophies are stained, and the team needs to start over. There's no fixing this...they just gotta start being honest.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

i'd love to see their superbowls stripped

They've earned that much.  The NFL doesn't want to do that, but you can't really ignore the evidence.  All 6 SB trophies they have are asterisked in some way because of spygate 1 or 2.  If anything, it makes the argument against them even stronger.  Even if t hey say, "it's not a huge advantage," the fact of the matter is, whatever advantage it provided, was enough to win 6 super bowls.  And yet, without it, couldn't win any.

Their fault and no matter what the NFL does, thanks for giving the rest of the NFL an excuse to deny Bill and Brady as the best ever.   They still ought to be in a 5-10 year hellhole.  I prefer 20 since that's how long we've had to listen to Pats claim to be the greatest. 

Vacate SBs.  Ban from the HOF.  Forfeit 20 years of 1st Rounders.  Force Kraft to sell.  

Maybe that's overkill, but at this point, I don't care.  I'm scared from the Manning v. Brady arguments, and now I'm out for blood!  lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 12/10/2019 at 2:53 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I know it would never happen but this is the third time they have been caught openly cheating id give them a version of the death penalty.  

strip the titles, make the team disband sit out a year and start from scratch like an expansion team and kick BB out of the league,

again that will never happen.

Remove 'New' from their name. 

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

and there lies the problem. Obviously the Patriots haven't gotten the message. Time for some serious punishments, at the minimum, post season ban. Send a message that this crap ends now.

Goodell will only hand down what the other owners tell him to do.

Too many think Goodell has all this power when in reality he does as he is told to do by majority ownership. 

All Goodell is a face to show people so the owners don't have to face the media themselves. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Goodell will only hand down what the other owners tell him to do.

Too many think Goodell has all this power when in reality he does as he is told to do by majority ownership. 

All Goodell is a face to show people so the owners don't have to face the media themselves. 

Perhaps, but you watch, they'll take their time investigating, wait to see if New England makes it thru the playoffs and then take action.  Of course, by then, Ms Brady retires, the Hooded one as well and McDaniels is left to deal with all the aftermath, that would actually be hilarious to some degree.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:50 AM, Flash7 said:

Here's what's going to happen.

The rest of the NFL will cry and moan about it. A fine will be handed down to the Pats. The Pats will continue dominating the NFL until Brady and BB retire.

Continue dominating?  They aren't even dominating now, let alone continue dominating into the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Continue dominating?  They aren't even dominating now, let alone continue dominating into the future.

Current State: They're 10-3. They're a playoff team once again. 

Past State: "The New England Patriots hold the longest active consecutive playoff streak with 10 appearances, starting with the 2009–10 NFL playoffs, which is the longest of all-time. The Patriots have won three Super Bowls during this streak." 

Future: Remains to be seen. I hope they fall off of a cliff.

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Baltimore is going to cream them in the playoffs. They are done finally and I feel good about saying that. Most Pats know it too. Baltimore is the best team in the league and it's not even close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Past State: "The New England Patriots hold the longest active consecutive playoff streak with 10 appearances, starting with the 2009–10 NFL playoffs, which is the longest of all-time. The Patriots have won three Super Bowls during this streak." 

Usually I never write them off, I know what Tom is capable of but they aren't even better than KC haha , Baltimore will clean their clocks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Best 7 season run in NFL history is our own regarding regular season wins. From 2003-2009 the Colts went 89-23 and won a SB, most regular season wins ever in a 7 season span. 7 seasons is a huge sample size. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps, but you watch, they'll take their time investigating, wait to see if New England makes it thru the playoffs and then take action.  Of course, by then, Ms Brady retires, the Hooded one as well and McDaniels is left to deal with all the aftermath, that would actually be hilarious to some degree.

Unfortunately you are more than likely correct. 

Kraft needs to hold the bag for a while. 

5 hours ago, Flash7 said:

They've been beating up on bad teams.  Another way to look at the current Pats team:

1. The combined record of the teams they've beaten so far is 53-79, which is a 0.401 winning percentage (equivalent to a 6-10 team)

2. They have beaten just 1 team with a record over .500, and that was when the Steelers were an absolute mess back in week 1

3. The combined record of the teams they've lost to is 29-11 (0.725 winning percentage = 11.6 win team)

4. All of their losses have been to the other AFC division leaders, which doesn't bode well for their playoff hopes

5. They've lost 2 in a row, and 3 of the last 5

6. The last time they scored more than 25 points was Oct 27, and they've scored more than 20 points just once in the last 5 games

7. Their offense is ranked 15th overall, 21st in yards per pass (tied with Indy), and 28th in completion percentage

As for their continuous playoffs trips, it's easy to make the playoffs when you play in the worst division in football.  From 2009 to this year (taking current standings), the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills have combined for a total of 7 winning seasons out of a possible 33.  For comparison, the AFC South (which everyone always loved to say was the worst division in football) outside of the Colts in that same time span has had 14.

I understand their past years of dominance, so if that's what you were referring to, that's my mistake.  But if you're referring to this year, they're not dominating anyone by any means.