Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots involved in another Spygate?

PeterBowman

12 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

But since you brought up "innocuous event," 6 super bowl wins asterisked by either Spygate 1 or Spygate 2. 0 super bowl wins without cheating. Whatever the benefit derived, Bill obviously needed it to get over the hump.

Let's not forget about Deflategate either https://slate.com/culture/2015/01/stats-show-the-new-england-patriots-became-nearly-fumble-proof-after-a-2006-rule-change-pushed-by-tom-brady.html

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

After all these episodes, the NFL should follow what the NCAA does, and have the Patriots vacate those championships. All banners and records would be expunged completely. 

7 hours ago, Gramz said:

If only....

49 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

and the collective Pats fan uproar would be glorious......but there won't be any sympathy given by fans of the other 31 teams. 

The NFL could even have some fun with it.  Vacate only the last 3 super bowls.  Then we can have the arguement:

Pats Fan:  Bleep Goodell, we're the greatest and we won 6 no matter what the NFL says!

Everyone else:  Bleep you and Goodell, he should have taken away all 6 super bowls!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 6:10 PM, jvan1973 said:

It's against the rules,   what part of that do Patriots fans have a hard time understanding?    Whether or not it helped them is irrelevant.    It's against the rules.      There will be a huge fine.   Not that it matters,   Kraft has super deep pockets.    The fine should be taken from their salary cap

Who were they contracted by?  

I think it's a waste of time to try to reason with some folks, don't you?

And the really sad thing is,  I am not even surprised or shocked anymore by anything they do.   

I've come to expect (not accept)  but expect there is always something sneaky going on with them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The NFL could even have some fun with it.  Vacate only the last 3 super bowls.  Then we can have the arguement:

What do you mean?! Malcolm Butler plays with good instinct..

"New England expected Seattle to run a pick play if they made it down to the goal line. The Patriots truly leave no stone unturned, as even the fifth-string cornerback was practicing that route."

Also erasing a 25 point deficit just in 4th quarter to win the superbowl was also an easy task for any team in the league.. okay I'm gonna leave now.. my salt has spilled out ....:peek:..

Ok can someone please explain what you can learn from taping the sidelines anymore? Everything is called in via headset so no signals to steal.. (I am asking it seems like it is useless to do now..) but I love the over reaction of other fan bases.. of the Pats had notified the Bengals it be a non issue.. 

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

What do you mean?! Malcolm Butler plays with good instinct..

Also erasing a 25 point deficit just in 4th quarter to win the superbowl was also an easy task for any team in the league.. okay I'm gonna leave now.. my salt has spilled out ....:peek:..

It was a well known play from game film.. they ran it a lot 

41 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Ok can someone please explain what you can learn from taping the sidelines anymore? Everything is called in via headset so no signals to steal.. (I am asking it seems like it is useless to do now..) but I love the over reaction of other fan bases.. of the Pats had notified the Bengals it be a non issue.. 

I think we know enough about Ernie Adams to know that he is able to see things that others don't. 

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Everyone else loves laughing at Pats fans mischaracterize the issue and defend themselves by saying, "it's only a little cheat" and "your team cheats, too."  It's hilarious watching Pats fans delude themselves to the point they have to legitimize their accomplishments....all six of them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Everyone else loves laughing at Pats fans mischaracterize the issue and defend themselves by saying, "it's only a little cheat" and "your team cheats, too."  It's hilarious watching Pats fans delude themselves to the point they have to legitimize their accomplishments....all six of them.

What I notice is you couldn’t answer the question. I don’t have to defend them on anything unlike some it just a game to me.

Unfortunately, here is the rock bottom line. In 2007, the Patriots were heavily fined and lost a first round draft pick for the first infraction. Teams are not permitted to film other teams signals on the sidelines, period , whether it’s outdated or not. The Patriots have already acknowledged that members of its content team did not inform the Bengals of their presence.  So please forgive us for not being suspicious of the Patriots after many other Shennanigans. It merits investigation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JimJaime said:

What I notice is you couldn’t answer the question. I don’t have to defend them on anything unlike some it just a game to me.

I don't need to answer the question because, again, it mischaraterizes the issue and is irrelevant. 

But since you're asking again, I'll answer anyway.  Some teams still signal audibles from the sideline.  McVay was known to do that which helped in Goff's sophmore season tremendously.  The headset communications between McVay and Goff cutoff with 15 seconds pre-snap (by NFL rule).  McVay would signal in presnap reads and audibles by hand.  Adds even more weight to the argument that the Patriots have done this against more teams than just the Bengals. The information sought after was not readily available for the Bengals since they have a new HC.  

NESN Holiday TV Schedule :

7-8 PM Shifty the Plowman

A delightful winter tale of a New England stumble bum who becomes a hero by illegally plowing a circle in the snow , for a Patriots ill gotten field goal. 

8-9 PM I Spy 

Two blunderers from Boston cause havoc by pointing cameras on the Bengal’s sidelines, in this wonderful comic romp. 

9-11 PM It’s a Wonderful Life 

In this classic holiday favorite ,  a crafty NFL owner is transported from Foxborough to Pottersville by his guardian angel Rodger. In Pottersville , he is pursued by Bert and Ernie while escaping out of the Orchid Lounge with Violet Bick. 

12-1 AM Tuck Everlasting 

A sad and melancholy tale of a football team conned out of a championship , for the sake of better ratings and favoritism. 

1-2 AM The Brady Bunch ( Rerun) 

Bobby attempts you get Joe Namath to go to his birthday party, but Gronk shows up instead, gets hammered , and nails Marcia in the face with a football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

The NFL isn't going to do squat. Their last squabble with the Patriots over the deflategate went on way too long and it was the shield that suffered, even though it was all at the fault of Tom Brady's destroyed phones & the Patriots

Wasn’t it amazing how those pirates turned it all against the Colts and the Ravens , when they were the guilty party ? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Wasn’t it amazing how those pirates turned it all against the Colts and the Ravens , when they were the guilty party ? 

The NFL cares more about money than right & wrong. If the NFL really cared about these issues they would stop the entire investigation where it's shown Brady destroyed his phone and simply rule against the Patriots right then & there

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

The NFL cares more about money than right & wrong. If the NFL really cared about these issues they would stop the entire investigation where it's shown Brady destroyed his phone and simply rule against the Patriots right then & there

Idk if any of you guys have seen 8 men out, but it makes you wonder how the NFL would handle the Patriots after something like that. Would they do anything at all? 

Those guys got banned from baseball. The patriots would get fined.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NFLUp said:

Oh, what’s that?  Exactly what I predicted and what all signs pointed to except for those who are addicted to hate?  
Hopefully all of you predicting guilt will issue “mea culpas”.

Haha the NFL not finding any evidence just shows that they have covered up the tracks back to BB. 

54 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Haha the NFL not finding any evidence just shows that they have covered up the tracks back to BB. 

Right, because the specious DeflateGate idiocy, which was overruled both in court and by science, showed how much the NFL loves the Patriots.