Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spoiled Fansbase

BleedBlue4Shoe86

We are spoiled, that I agree with. Since the 2000 season started we have the 2nd most wins of any franchise (Pats only have more). We also have been too a couple of SB's and won one. Manning spoiled us rotten for years. Then Luck took mediocre rosters to the playoffs in his first 3 seasons even making an AFC Title Game. Brissett isn't either of those guys but not many are. I have Manning as a top 3 QB of all-time.

• Like 1

Can you imagine the Colts had never left the AFC east. Would the Colts have ever won the division or been in the playoffs? Imagine being a bills, dolphin or jets fan. All three of these teams have one thing in common. The QB play has been bad for years. Buffalo finally found them a keeper. Jets are on the right track, maybe. Dolphins..... they beat the Colts. Moral to the story. Colts have been blessed at the qb position. Unitas,Jones,Harbaugh,Manning and Luck.

I'm not going to settle for Brisset because the bar is high.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

We are ,we hooked on winning bro .mediocre quarterback play.The frustration is we know If luck was the quarterback we would be a championship threat .

But he is gone. We must move on. 

serious question. If Brissett leads this extremely undermanned team to playoffs, will everyone accept him?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

serious question. If Brissett leads this extremely undermanned team to playoffs, will everyone accept him?

If he "leads" the Colts to the playoffs with phenomenal QB play, then, yes, I would assume people would accept and praise Brissett, but if the Colts make the playoffs with the same way Brissett has been playing, then, uh, no....

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

If the Colts make the playoffs, it won't be because of Brissett. If you run the ball and stop the run you can win games. If one of those fall short, you get down two scores, Is brissett going to dig you out? I don't feel good about the odds of success.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@2006Coltsbestever

Here are a few one hit wonders

Rusty Hilger

Ricky Turner

Terry Nugent

Matt Kofler

Damn! I do not remember any of these guys. I guess when we threw rocks at the mayflower trucks as they left I stopped watching for a while.

47 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

If he doesn't will you except that we need to move on from him.

You must  be a seriously informed Colt fan if you think this is an extremely undermanned team. That only comes from an extremely uninformed person.

57 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Those crybabies unhappy with a bottom 5 passing attack should all suck it up and be more accepting like Jets and Redskin fans. 

While we're at it, we should give AV a ten year extension. 

The crybabies should realize that our elite QB retired.   We're lucky we had Jacoby.    Literally.  Jacoby is the 4th best QB we have had since the colts moved to indy.     The Manning era fans have no idea how bad things can be.    Jacoby would have been a God send in the 80s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

If he doesn't will you except that we need to move on from him.

You must  be a seriously informed Colt fan if you think this is an extremely undermanned team. That only comes from an extremely uninformed person.

I like to think I’m pretty informed. Please tell me definition of undermanned?  Mine is the following:

playing without: Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Ebron, Mack, Kelly, Hooker, Leonard, Turay, Rock, Desir. 

sounds pretty undermanned to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I like to think I’m pretty informed. Please tell me definition of undermanned?  Mine is the following:

playing without: Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Ebron, Mack, Kelly, Hooker, Leonard, Turay, Rock, Desir. 

sounds pretty undermanned to me. 

Inform yourself about what's going on in the rest of the league. Heard on NFL radio today for example Chicago left 5 starters from last game home for tomorrows game do to injuries plus I believe they have some guys on IR. New England had 18 guys on their injury report today,8 DNP. Texans had 10 on injury report today. Both times we played the Texans their defensive backfield was way undermanned due to injury. That is the nature of the beast this time of the year in the NFL.

And by the way, Ebron never missed a game this year, Kelly I believe only missed a few plays, Leonard missed one game as did Desir I believe and YaSin is supposedly back this week after being out one game.

I certainly am not happy that we have injuries but I am not surprised or do I think we are an exception as I think most teams are in similar shape. When you said an extremely undermanned team you it sounded like we were an extremely undermanned team, not a team with a lot of injuries.

5 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Inform yourself about what's going on in the rest of the league. Heard on NFL radio today for example Chicago left 5 starters from last game home for tomorrows game do to injuries plus I believe they have some guys on IR. New England had 18 guys on their injury report today,8 DNP. Texans had 10 on injury report today. Both times we played the Texans their defensive backfield was way undermanned due to injury. That is the nature of the beast this time of the year in the NFL.

And by the way, Ebron never missed a game this year, Kelly I believe only missed a few plays, Leonard missed one game as did Desir I believe and YaSin is supposedly back this week after being out one game.

I certainly am not happy that we have injuries but I am not surprised or do I think we are an exception as I think most teams are in similar shape. When you said an extremely undermanned team you it sounded like we were an extremely undermanned team, not a team with a lot of injuries.

Playing with unexpected starters is the definition of being undermanned

Desir missed multiple games

With all these comments you’d expect an uproar if Ballard drafts a QB early. If he doesn’t, so be it, but with how closely he and the scouts have followed Jordan Love, it definitely seems like he’s looking to bring in a potential/eventual replacement. Or at the very least, he doesn’t seem so content with JB as the clear cut long term QB.

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The crybabies should realize that our elite QB retired.   We're lucky we had Jacoby.    Literally.  Jacoby is the 4th best QB we have had since the colts moved to indy.     The Manning era fans have no idea how bad things can be.    Jacoby would have been a God send in the 80s

I remember the 80s and 90s well. May family had tix much of the awful years. I enjoyed the Hairball/Faulk years, but overall the team has been much better shaped offensively since Jim took over.

Anyway, glad JB was here to jump in, but he simply did his job. He was also blessed to have a top 5 OL, top 5 running game, and top 10ish D. Let's not treat him like a savior. He has been given a pretty good opportunity with a very strong core. 

Wanting better is not being spoiled IMO, and I've been a fan since they pulled their rigs into Indy during my HS years (so save the Manning era stuff).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

With all these comments you’d expect an uproar of Ballard drafted a QB early. If he doesn’t, so be it, but with how closely he and the scouts have followed Jordan Love, it definitely seems like he’s looking to bring in a potential/eventual replacement.

Nothing wrong with bringing in another QB.  Competition is a good thing.  If they both pan out you flip one for a draft pick down the road.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Nothing wrong with bringing in another QB.  Competition is a good thing.  If they both pan out you flip one for a draft pick down the road.

I will say this real quick. 

1. Leonard missed three games. 
2. I believe I read in the forum that the rumors of Ballard going to Utah state to scout Oive were not true. He was credentialed but was not there. Not sure if this is true. 

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I will say this real quick. 

1. Leonard missed three games. 
2. I believe I read in the forum that the rumors of Ballard going to Utah state to scout Oive were not true. He was credentialed but was not there. Not sure if this is true. 

Ok Leonard has nothing to do with the offense.

i don’t care if he brings Love in or not.  Frankly he’s not a guy I am high on.  Still I don’t have a problem if they bring another QB in.  While Jacoby isn’t as bad as some want him to be he’s not Andrew Luck either and never will be.  If you can upgrade the position that’s a good thing.  At the same time it’s not a must do like it was after 2011 either.

26 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Playing with unexpected starters is the definition of being undermanned

Desir missed multiple games

FYI, Indy isn't even the top 10 most injured by either man-game, or AV this year. We were top 5 last year though.

Below is a good plot through week 12. Left to right is pure man games missed, while size of bubble is the amount of AV lost. 

@Chloe6124 this is a good one to follow and will help keep it real in regards to injury and team impact.

Note that:

NE has more pure injuries, and more lost AV

SF has more pure injuries and about the same lost AV

• Thanks 1