Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spoiled Fansbase

BleedBlue4Shoe86

22 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I liked JT

Had a very good supporting cast too

Chandler was fine as a QB. Better than Trudeau. Trudeau was a below average QB while Chandler started for years and led a team to the SB.  42 td -68 int  , 63 rating for Jack. He was not good. 

2 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

I really hate this nonsensical spoiled fanbase narrative every time the team isn't getting it done.  Colts fans should expect winning , there is  nothing wrong  with it. 

It’s not that we shouldn’t  expect winning. We do expect winning...

But it is insane to expect every quarterback we get to be a generational one. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:50 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

With all these comments you’d expect an uproar if Ballard drafts a QB early. If he doesn’t, so be it, but with how closely he and the scouts have followed Jordan Love, it definitely seems like he’s looking to bring in a potential/eventual replacement. Or at the very least, he doesn’t seem so content with JB as the clear cut long term QB.

That was apparent when Ballard only signed a two year contract with Brissett. 

3 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

I really hate this nonsensical spoiled fanbase narrative every time the team isn't getting it done.  Colts fans should expect winning , there is  nothing wrong  with it. 

Colts fans should expect win no doubt but this constant whining crap gets old. 

23 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Seriously, the idea that we are...or aren't settling for mediocrity is comical. 

Each one of us, chooses how we experience following the Colts. I could give a rats behind when a fan chooses to live in a continuous state of disappointment because their team doesn't do/accomplish what they want. However, it does make me chuckle. I have been a fan since 70'. One SB. One. Why in the hell would I want to experience following this team by basing my happiness on how well they do?

I want a team that is run by men with conviction, and a clear direction. I want team that treats each other like family. I want a team that I can be proud to root for. Frankly...I got all that. Wins are just gravy.

Here is a good test of how good of a time you are having. Ask yourself...

How much of the time you spend thinking of, talking about posting about the Colts, are you happy? I mean really happy? Just let that sink in. Again....it's our own personal choice to experience this journey. Here is a hint.....if you are blaming the Colts on the quality of your experience, open your mind. Each one of us can change our experience to whatever we choose. 

If a fan is not having a good time, it is not a Colt issue, it's a fan issue. 

I would argue the “spoiled” narrative is just as comical. They are both misrepresentations of this debate.

Every fan has their own value system...and some will align with others and some won’t...so I do get what you are saying about the fan experience...but I would be willing to bet the team places a very high value on winning AND the fan experience. So I don’t think it’s unfair for fans to do the same. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

That is a straw man argument though. There is a wide gap between wanting a better QB/passing offense and expecting the Colts QB to be a generational talent.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:10 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

We might be the most spoiled fan base. I love my Colts Burton here we are pretty spoiled and the sky is always falling. This is very true when it come to Jacoby Brissett 

Best example that we are a spoiled fan base. From 1998- 2011 we had Peyton Manning, probably top 5 quarterback in the history of the NFL. Then we get Andrew Luck from 2012- 2018. Labeled as the next John Elway and was considered the next elite quarterback. We have have two of the best quarterbacks/prospects of probably the 20 years. 

We aren’t used to having just a good quarterback. Pretty sure Bengals, Dolphins, Jets, Bucs, Titans, Jags, Browns would kills to have a good quarterback. To believe that we would just stumble into three generational QBs in 30 years is almost disrespectful. 

Jacoby is a good quarterback who can win games. We have a talented roster and they love him and would run through a brick wall for him. There is nothing wrong with having a good stable QB. They can get you to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl: Foles, Ryan, Newton, Flacco, Kaepernick, Grossman, Dilfer. 

Yes, he had a horrible game last week but every quarterback does, even Luck and Manning. 

We are 6-5 and fighting for a playoff spot. Jacoby is 6-3 in games he starts and finishes and is OUR Quarterback. Get behind him. 

Except We are noticing Brissett isn't very good.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Except We are noticing Brissett isn't very good.

He is better than you want to admit. 

No he is not Manning or Luck but he is not Hoyer either. 

The fact he is a game manager is not good enough for you thus you feel the need to cut him at every opportunity. 

13 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

It's also "insane" to expect Brissett to change who he is.  

College:

2014 - 200 yards per game

2015 - 204 yards per game

NFL:

2017 - 193 yards per game

2019 - 192 yards per game

He was what he is and he hasn't changed.  

• Like 1