Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spoiled Fansbase

BleedBlue4Shoe86

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ok Leonard has nothing to do with the offense.

i don’t care if he brings Love in or not.  Frankly he’s not a guy I am high on.  Still I don’t have a problem if they bring another QB in.  While Jacoby isn’t as bad as some want him to be he’s not Andrew Luck either and never will be.  If you can upgrade the position that’s a good thing.  At the same time it’s not a must do like it was after 2011 either.

Now this is sensible. I can’t argue with always improving. I also agree that Jacoby isn’t luck, but honestly who is, lol. But QB is by no means the top need. 

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ok Leonard has nothing to do with the offense.

i don’t care if he brings Love in or not.  Frankly he’s not a guy I am high on.  Still I don’t have a problem if they bring another QB in.  While Jacoby isn’t as bad as some want him to be he’s not Andrew Luck either and never will be.  If you can upgrade the position that’s a good thing.  At the same time it’s not a must do like it was after 2011 either.

At this point the Colts might not get the option to draft a QB

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Playing with unexpected starters is the definition of being undermanned

Desir missed multiple gamesthe position after.

Yes, upon  further review he missed multiple games but he plays defense so doesn't effect JBs game directly.

I think extremely undermanned is extreme for our situation and I don't think we are in any worse shape than most teams in the NFL. Unexpected starters I would argue is not the definition of being undermanned. Some guys come off the bench and play better than some starters and the extremely undermanned is extreme. Tom Brady for exampled replaced a starter and never relinquished the position from that point on.  

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

They will have the option it just probably won’t be one of the top ones in the draft.  They could still draft a kid in the second or a later round and try to develop him while they have Jacoby as well.  If both workout you flip one for a draft pick.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

They will have the option it just probably won’t be one of the top ones in the draft.  They could still draft a kid in the second or a later round and try to develop him while they have Jacoby as well.  If both workout you flip one for a draft pick.

I haven’t had a chance to look at the whole list of QBs that could be available but outside of the cream of the crop it will take a few years if ever for guys to be NFL ready

I have heard a lot of talk of using the high #2 on Tua or Love

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I haven’t had a chance to look at the whole list of QBs that could be available but outside of the cream of the crop it will take a few years if ever for guys to be NFL ready

I have heard a lot of talk of using the high #2 on Tua or Love

Think Tua has elected to stay in school due to his injury.

Who cares if we are spoiled?

As a fan bad we should not be okay with just being in the hunt for the playoffs. We shouldn’t have to accept below average QB play and shouldn’t have to accept losing to the Raiders, Dolphins, and Steelers.

Why is everyone sticking up for a mediocre QB so much. Just because he is a nice guy doesn’t mean he is the answer. AL played with WAY worse and still carried this team to playoff victories.

This fan base just expects the best product possible on the field every Sunday and hasn’t been getting it. 

A spoiled fan base is not an issue. We just continuously have high expectations.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Now this is sensible. I can’t argue with always improving. I also agree that Jacoby isn’t luck, but honestly who is, lol. But QB is by no means the top need. 

If JB doesn't make significant improvements QB is definitely a top need. 

• Thanks 2

I'm not surprised the fanbase is not satisfied with mediocracy. Most fan bases aren't. What I will be surprise with is if the FO and especially Jim Irsay is satisfied with mediocracy. Mr. Irsay I am sure is aware that we rank very low in attendance in the league. I heard a few weeks ago like 26th in the league. I think we all agree that the NFL is big business and if you don't put the best possible entertainment on the field people will not waant to spend upwards of $250 to come watch a boring team who is just ok.

JB, from everything I have heard and read is a great guy and a wonderful locker room presences.  But he has to lead an exciting and highly successful team and that is what he will be judged on and that is what will fill the seats. He's got 5 games to do it yet this year. Needs more than 6 yd passes to do it.

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The crybabies should realize that our elite QB retired.   We're lucky we had Jacoby.    Literally.  Jacoby is the 4th best QB we have had since the colts moved to indy.     The Manning era fans have no idea how bad things can be.    Jacoby would have been a God send in the 80s

You were crying with the rest of us when Luck retired. Also, we are not lucky to have Jacoby. It has been the worst-case scenario. He managed to get us to a mediocre record before fizzling out. Not only is he not the answer at QB, but we have too good a record to get Burrow or Herbert. Wish Brissett would of busted from the beginning. 

Then as the proverbial cherry on top, we pay him a decent amount of money and hurt our salary cap next year. 

• Like 1

Seriously, the idea that we are...or aren't settling for mediocrity is comical. 

Each one of us, chooses how we experience following the Colts. I could give a rats behind when a fan chooses to live in a continuous state of disappointment because their team doesn't do/accomplish what they want. However, it does make me chuckle. I have been a fan since 70'. One SB. One. Why in the hell would I want to experience following this team by basing my happiness on how well they do?

I want a team that is run by men with conviction, and a clear direction. I want team that treats each other like family. I want a team that I can be proud to root for. Frankly...I got all that. Wins are just gravy.

Here is a good test of how good of a time you are having. Ask yourself...

How much of the time you spend thinking of, talking about posting about the Colts, are you happy? I mean really happy? Just let that sink in. Again....it's our own personal choice to experience this journey. Here is a hint.....if you are blaming the Colts on the quality of your experience, open your mind. Each one of us can change our experience to whatever we choose. 

If a fan is not having a good time, it is not a Colt issue, it's a fan issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

But he is gone. We must move on. 

serious question. If Brissett leads this extremely undermanned team to playoffs, will everyone accept him?

This is NOT an extremely undermanned team. It's a team that was projected to be superbowl contender before Luck retired. It's a team that has had some bad luck with with WR injuries, but overall the team has been relatively healthy and well rounded - it has had great OLine play, very good RB play, good defensive play. In fact if you separate the units of this team you can argue the QB has been the worst part of this team, which is reflected in the passing stats of the team. 

So if this team makes the playoffs chances are it will not be because of Brissett 'leading' them to the playoffs but rather the team dragging extremely mediocre QB to the playoffs. Brissett should be evaluated on his own merits, because a lot of the short-to-medium term future of this team depends on it. You cannot afford to fanboy Brissett for no other reason than he was the one handing the ball to the RBs and the one cheering on the sidelines for the defensive stops, and end up giving him long-term contract that will hinder you for the next 5 years. 

If he doesn't improve his game significantly, he's not the answer and we should act accordingly. 

• Like 4

Sadly every football fan thinks they know the formula to win. Throw out some stats and obviously there's your answer. Circumstances and reality don't matter.

It's like people who think their life story is original. It's all been said and done before.

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We will have the option. The option will entail giving up serious draft capital to move up and get one. 

I just don't see it. I think we are more apt to see Ballard and co. scout a great deal of qb's this year and see if one they like falls to them in the 1st or more likely, the 2nd. I just cannot see this front office giving up draft picks.b

10 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

Can you imagine the Colts had never left the AFC east. Would the Colts have ever won the division or been in the playoffs? 

I’ve thought about this before.    I think the opposit is true.  I think we would have split the division and home field advantage in the play offs and also taken some of the super bowls away from the pats.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

We might be the most spoiled fan base. I love my Colts Burton here we are pretty spoiled and the sky is always falling. This is very true when it come to Jacoby Brissett 

Best example that we are a spoiled fan base. From 1998- 2011 we had Peyton Manning, probably top 5 quarterback in the history of the NFL. Then we get Andrew Luck from 2012- 2018. Labeled as the next John Elway and was considered the next elite quarterback. We have have two of the best quarterbacks/prospects of probably the 20 years. 

We aren’t used to having just a good quarterback. Pretty sure Bengals, Dolphins, Jets, Bucs, Titans, Jags, Browns would kills to have a good quarterback. To believe that we would just stumble into three generational QBs in 30 years is almost disrespectful. 

Spoiled, maybe, but also knowledgeable in what it takes to win in this league.  We can see that Brissett isn't going to get us to the promised land.   You mentioned - Bengals, Dolphins, Jets, Bucs, Titans, Jags - The thing is, each of those teams settled for and went long term with a mediocre (at best) QB and what did it get them.   Some .500 season, a couple playoff births for a couple, but mostly 4-7 wins a season.   Can't fault us fans for seeing the writing on the wall.   

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Spoiled, maybe, but also knowledgeable in what it takes to win in this league.  We can see that Brissett isn't going to get us to the promised land.   You mentioned - Bengals, Dolphins, Jets, Bucs, Titans, Jags - The thing is, each of those teams settled for and went long term with a mediocre (at best) QB and what did it get them.   Some .500 season, a couple playoff births for a couple, but mostly 4-7 wins a season.   Can't fault us fans for seeing the writing on the wall.   

I definitely understand and I agree that guys like Herbert or Jordan love could be special. But we don’t know. Right now we know we can win with Brissett. Keep him until something better comes along. I am fine with upgrading. But instead of knocking him down l, support him and this team. 

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I definitely understand and I agree that guys like Herbert or Jordan love could be special. But we don’t know. Right now we know we can win with Brissett. Keep him until something better comes along. I am fine with upgrading. But instead of knocking him down l, support him and this team. 

I'm kind of on the same page, as long as we don't settle for Brissett and not pursue other options.   We know what Brissett is.  I have to use the term "game manager".   I had hoped he would have improved because I was totally in his corner earlier.   It's just that he is the same now as at the start of the season.  Same as he was in 2017.   Same as he was in college.   He is what he is.   Sure he can win some games, that is when the defense keeps the score low and they are almost all close games which could lead to a .500 record.     

My wish (although far fetched) would be to draft a QB and sign Rivers to a one or two year contract.   He's on the downside of course, but still head and shoulders above Brissett and behind this O-line could provide what we are lacking.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

d) would be to draft a QB and sign Rivers to a one or two year contract.   He's on the downside of course, but still head and shoulders above Brissett and behind this O-line could provide what we are lacking.   

This is the only part I disagree with. 

my ideal would be to see Jacoby flourish this next 5 weeks and ball out. 

plan b for me would be to keep him next year and draft a QB like Jordan Love. Someone who needs to sit for a year and learn. 

i dont think we are spoiled, you dont see many QBs winning super bowls that are 25th or worse in passing 

Jacoby isnt terrible but i dont think hes particularly good either, he has not changed that much since 2017.

he wins when we have a great running game and good defense, but doesnt do enough to keep up with the top tier teams 

12 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I haven’t had a chance to look at the whole list of QBs that could be available

there are several in this class, they may not all be day one starters but we might find one outside of the top 10

jacoby was a late third round pick himself and is playing like one too

9 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Here is a good test of how good of a time you are having. Ask yourself...

ive had better tbh.  this year would rank low for me just because we lost Luck 

the good news is the team is third in rushing and has a better defense than we are used to.  i feel thats going to waste due to the passing game though 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

This is the only part I disagree with. 

my ideal would be to see Jacoby flourish this next 5 weeks and ball out. 

plan b for me would be to keep him next year and draft a QB like Jordan Love. Someone who needs to sit for a year and learn. 

Your plan A would be great but a long shot.

Your plan B would mean wasting another season of a great O line and good defense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Your plan A would be great but a long shot.

Your plan B would mean wasting another season of a great O line and good defense.

The bottom line is if we start a rookie next year we will still have wasted the season. Unless Luck comes back we most likely will be starting Jacoby and sitting a rookie for a year. With what we have Jacoby at least gives us a chance to win next year while we wait for a QB to mature.  By starting a rookie there is zero chance next year. The best option is getting Luck to come back for a year or two and help develop a QB. I doubt that happens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

ive had better tbh.  this year would rank low for me just because we lost Luck 

the good news is the team is third in rushing and has a better defense than we are used to.  i feel thats going to waste due to the passing game though 

What really makes me nervous is I think Eberflus might have a good chance of a head coaching job next season. I wonder if he would be considered for the cowboys since he has been there before. Our defense is young and losing Eberflus would be a huge loss.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

We might be the most spoiled fan base. I love my Colts Burton here we are pretty spoiled and the sky is always falling. This is very true when it come to Jacoby Brissett 

Best example that we are a spoiled fan base. From 1998- 2011 we had Peyton Manning, probably top 5 quarterback in the history of the NFL. Then we get Andrew Luck from 2012- 2018. Labeled as the next John Elway and was considered the next elite quarterback. We have have two of the best quarterbacks/prospects of probably the 20 years. 

We aren’t used to having just a good quarterback. Pretty sure Bengals, Dolphins, Jets, Bucs, Titans, Jags, Browns would kills to have a good quarterback. To believe that we would just stumble into three generational QBs in 30 years is almost disrespectful. 

Jacoby is a good quarterback who can win games. We have a talented roster and they love him and would run through a brick wall for him. There is nothing wrong with having a good stable QB. They can get you to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl: Foles, Ryan, Newton, Flacco, Kaepernick, Grossman, Dilfer. 

Yes, he had a horrible game last week but every quarterback does, even Luck and Manning. 

We are 6-5 and fighting for a playoff spot. Jacoby is 6-3 in games he starts and finishes and is OUR Quarterback. Get behind him. 

Brissett is indequate to be a starting NFL QB.

Name 3 other teams who would take him and start him for 16 games....nobody.

I knew bad quarterbacking.....and I'm not spoiled in the least bit....

Pagel

Hogeboom

Trudeau

Hermann

Schlicter

Chandler

Kiel

Nagle

George

And one decent one in Harbaugh prior to Manning and Luck.....

Now we're back in the Franchise QB search purgatory....

Let's see how quickly Ballard et al gets us out of it....

49 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Bengals, Dolphins, lions now, Bears

Jacoby would really struggle in Miami, they need play makers which RF is, he just turns it over some too.  pff has him rated a good bit higher.  they are obviously going to draft someone and maybe keep RF around too.  they are dead last in rushing a conservative QB would do nothing for them

Matt Stafford is not done either, big reach to say they would prefer brissett as their starter 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Jacoby would really struggle in Miami, they need play makers which RF is, he just turns it over some too.  pff has him rated a good bit higher.  they are obviously going to draft someone and maybe keep RF around too.  they are dead last in rushing a conservative QB would do nothing for them

Matt Stafford is not done either, big reach to say they would prefer brissett as their starter 

I doubt JB would start in Miami. Without a running game, and with a bad OL, his high time to throw would be an awful recipe. IMO, Fitzmagic would likely still be the starter.

Im...  confused at all the hate on the forum. 

Andrew Luck retired during the preseason. We had Brissett, a more than capable starter and backup for Luck; who stepped into the starting role. 

He hasnt been awful, even leading the league in TD passes at a few points during the season. Don't forget 1.5 of our losses arent even on Brissett. That's on Hoyer. 

TY gets hurt

Ebron has been struggling with injuries

Funchess gets hurt

Mack gets hurt

Its gotta be tough working with a receiving corps without your projected top 3 pass catchers. I mean, we have been trotting Rogers, Pascal and co out there for a few weeks now. 

I'd much rather, and this is just me: a fan and nothing else; continue building the defense as we have been, acquire a few new offensive weapons and give Jacoby a chance as the starter for at least two more years. 

I mean, look at our losses this year. 

Chargers- AV makes one kick, we win.

Raiders- Brissett pick six killed us.

Steelers/Dolphins- Hoyer

Texans- really bad calls, the no call holding on the texans td, the botched fumble, the garbage hold on us, and the no call helmet to helmet on Jacoby early.

In reality, Brissett has lost us one game, and in every game we have been competitive, even with some top teams in the league. I'm not willing to just cut bait and run. I think that the opposite is true. I think we are on the cusp of a breakthrough. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Im...  confused at all the hate on the forum. 

Andrew Luck retired during the preseason. We had Brissett, a more than capable starter and backup for Luck; who stepped into the starting role. 

He hasnt been awful, even leading the league in TD passes at a few points during the season. Don't forget 1.5 of our losses arent even on Brissett. That's on Hoyer. 

TY gets hurt

Ebron has been struggling with injuries

Funchess gets hurt

Mack gets hurt

Its gotta be tough working with a receiving corps without your projected top 3 pass catchers. I mean, we have been trotting Rogers, Pascal and co out there for a few weeks now. 

I'd much rather, and this is just me: a fan and nothing else; continue building the defense as we have been, acquire a few new offensive weapons and give Jacoby a chance as the starter for at least two more years. 

I mean, look at our losses this year. 

Chargers- AV makes one kick, we win.

Raiders- Brissett pick six killed us.

Steelers/Dolphins- Hoyer

Texans- really bad calls, the no call holding on the texans td, the botched fumble, the garbage hold on us, and the no call helmet to helmet on Jacoby early.

In reality, Brissett has lost us one game, and in every game we have been competitive, even with some top teams in the league. I'm not willing to just cut bait and run. I think that the opposite is true. I think we are on the cusp of a breakthrough. 

source.gif

• Like 1