Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Playoff Chances: Playoff Machine Calculator

EastStreet

17 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I’m sticking with my 10-6 and winning the Division. 
   It’s not like the Colts have never had a deep passing game with Brissett.

The concerns? Can Hilton, Campbell and Funchess make a difference? Can they get healthy and develop timing with Brissett?

We’ll see. If they can, the Colts can make the playoffs. A lot is going to depend Reich’s play calling as well.

Same here..... I think we’ll rally to a 10-6 record and take the division.

19 hours ago, FRW said:

If Jacoby had played every game this season he would be at least 8-3, and with a kicker 9-2. So not much difference.

i dont just assume we would have won those games, the dolphins actually showed up on defense and shut down the running game.  im not convinced JB would have done enough to win 

On 11/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, EastStreet said:

If you like playing around with simulators, this one is pretty fun.

Allows you to easily pick all the games each week.

If we lose tonight, tough road to a WC....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Colts went from 3 seed to 7 seed fast, and on the short end of most tie breakers.

But we still have a chance, at division or wild card.  I'm keeping the faith.  And that Frank will figure out the pass game.

I think it is fair to also ask if CK being on the 53 has been prepared for any spot duty assignments?

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Colts went from 3 seed to 7 seed fast, and on the short end of most tie breakers.

But we still have a chance, at division or wild card.  I'm keeping the faith.  And that Frank will figure out the pass game.

I think it is fair to also ask if CK being on the 53 has been prepared for any spot duty assignments?

I don't really want to see CK at all until we are squarely out of the hunt. If that happens, I want to see as much swag as possible.

I'm keeping faith too, but my confidence has taken a major hit. We have some challenging games ahead of us. I'd love to see Frank just go uber aggressive and wide open to be honest. If we roll conservative the rest of the way, it may work, may not, but also negates or limits the chance of growth. 

I think the Raiders loss will end up being the dagger.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Texans lose to the Pats and at Tennessee and we lose 1 more, both teams will finish 10-6. We would get the tiebreaker as long as we beat the Titans and win at Jax.

Oh, i thought they had all tiebreakers if we have same record.  Good to know.  Im hoping the Raiders take division too. I’ll take ANY help

I say if we get some guys back healthy this team could run off 5 out of 6 easily. I remember last year at 2 and 5 did you think we could run off those wins? I say no , lets just let the season unfold , we all know we don't have enough to win it all just yet , Frank you are getting outcoached man. The play calling has been not too good , You use Hines in the first half on short passes and then none in the second half. Give this team a chance .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Which 3 games will the Texans lose? 

Patriots.... at Tennessee..... and a loss to Tampa Bay in a crazy shootout.

In fact.... by my ever so subtle kool-aid guzzling, blue-tinted glass, homer bias-driven input into this wonderful machine.... we win the AFC South and the Texans don't even make the playoffs. :lol:

3 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

In fact.... by my ever so subtle kool-aid guzzling, blue-tinted glass, homer bias-driven input into this wonderful machine.... we win the AFC South and the Texans don't even make the playoffs. :lol:

I can actually see them losing to the Pats and at Tennessee which would mean we would have to go 4-1 the rest of the way to win the division. It is doable if we can get back to winning the close one's. At Saints is really the only real tough game we have left. Having said that, it is hard to predict how we will play game to game. We need to sweep Tennessee 1st and worry about the other stuff later. I don't think the Texans will sweep Tennessee.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I can buy the first two, but Tampa?  I like the way you think though.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can actually see them losing to the Pats and at Tennessee which would mean we would have to go 4-1 the rest of the way to win the division. It is doable if we can get back to winning the close one's. At Saints is really the only real tough game we have left. Having said that, it is hard to predict how we will play game to game. We need to sweep Tennessee 1st and worry about the other stuff later. I don't think the Texans will sweep Tennessee.

The whole parity aspect of the AFC, and the NFL in general... is crazy right now.... nothing can be ruled in or out.

That 3rd loss I see for the Texans at Tampa Bay could be a lot of fun to watch, given Arians and his Top 10 offense versus the Texans pass defense....and vice-versa with Watson and his WR corps.  Hopefully... Tampa Bay can help us out.

I think we can go 4-1 to close out the season and win the division at 10-6.

I look at it this way.... 2 weeks before the season a good number of people were giving up.... I ain't giving up until W-L column says we're through. :thmup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TN game is now "must win" lol.... I have no idea what to expect now. Whatever it turns out to be, will be interesting. This season has turned into the "As the World Turns" type stuff.

If we lose, I might be in the lose for Love, bomb for Burrow, tank for Tua, or horrible for Herbert, crowd...... 

If we win, I'll fight another day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

I can buy the first two, but Tampa?  I like the way you think though.

I know....Tampa at 3-7 aren't exactly awe-inspiring.... but looking at their scores and the teams they played... offensively they really don't suck all THAT bad.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bucs+schedule+2019&oq=bucs&aqs=chrome.1.69i59l2j69i57j0l3.3919j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/07l24;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TN game is now "must win" lol.... I have no idea what to expect now. Whatever it turns out to be, will be interesting. This season has turned into the "As the World Turns" type stuff.

If we lose, I might be in the lose for Love, bomb for Burrow, tank for Tua, or horrible for Herbert, crowd...... 

If we win, I'll fight another day.

Yeah if we lose to Tennessee the season is in jeopardy that is for sure. That would really be bad. As of now we still have a decent shot at getting in but need help too unfortunately.

Bomb for Burrow lmao , that is a good one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I know....Tampa at 3-7 aren't exactly awe-inspiring.... but looking at their scores and the teams they played... offensively they really don't suck all THAT bad.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bucs+schedule+2019&oq=bucs&aqs=chrome.1.69i59l2j69i57j0l3.3919j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/07l24;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;

Tampa is a capable team. Top 5 passing, mediocre running on O. 

On D, lousy vs the pass, good vs the run.

They could absolutely beat us if we're afraid to pass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if we lose to Tennessee the season is in jeopardy that is for sure. That would really be bad. As of now we still have a decent shot at getting in but need help too unfortunately.

Bomb for Burrow lmao , that is a good one.

It's really hard for me to give up. I want to see post season play when I'm back in Indy over Christmas. Even if it's just watching on TV with my family and friends. While our chances are less than 50% to make the playoffs, I think we're still at 40ish, so not totally bad. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Tampa is a capable team. Top 5 passing, mediocre running on O. 

On D, lousy vs the pass, good vs the run.

They could absolutely beat us if we're afraid to pass.

And that's the other side of the coin to my reply to WoolMagnet.

I'm hoping they beat the Texans in what could easily be a high-scoring track meet.... and somehow we can play solid enough D to beat them ourselves.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:24 AM, SteelCityColt said:

Mediocrity is far worse than being terrible. 

I'll disagree there. Look at the Cleveland Browns. When a team has a losing culture, it's harder to attract players and put fans in the seats. At least when a team is entering the season as mediocre, there's a glimmer of playoff hope. Yes, the worst team gets the 1st overall pick, but if the team they're surrounding him with is awful, it won't matter.

33 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

And that's the other side of the coin to my reply to WoolMagnet.

I'm hoping they beat the Texans in what could easily be a high-scoring track meet.... and somehow we can play solid enough D to beat them ourselves.

It should be a track meet as long as Houston's OC doesn't pull a Reich.

• Like 1

I think every game with the exception of the Jags game has been decided by 7 points or less.  The Jags games was a dominant win 20 pts. to our favor.

Close games will more than likely continue, and hopefully they'll go in our favor. 

I still see us in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I'll disagree there. Look at the Cleveland Browns. When a team has a losing culture, it's harder to attract players and put fans in the seats. At least when a team is entering the season as mediocre, there's a glimmer of playoff hope. Yes, the worst team gets the 1st overall pick, but if the team they're surrounding him with is awful, it won't matter.

The Browns have had pretty terrible ownership. 

Would you prefer to be the Bengals (although they’re blowing it up this year), the Titans, the Lions at a push. Teams that have had a QB good enough to get them to around 8-8 each year. Maybe a WC appearance, but that’s it. 

1 minute ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

That could work.

The easiest thing there is picking which one of our games we’d probably lose lol

At Saints is probably a loss but then again we won at KC. The Colts are unpredictable right now. We have to win those 2 division games though to have any chance of winning the division IMO.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At Saints is probably a loss but then again we won at KC. The Colts are unpredictable right now. We have to win those 2 division games though to have any chance of winning the division IMO.

I’d love for us to make the playoffs even though I don’t think it will happen.

If we can’t make the playoffs, maybe God will at least give me the satisfaction of watching the deflaters, the cows, and the bumblebees get crushed the rest of the year. If I could erase three teams from all of sports I’d start with those three, right there with that abomination of a Cowboys ripoff.

I’m a little angry tonight, I’ve moved on to the next stage of grief in my Colts loss process

7 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

I’d love for us to make the playoffs even though I don’t think it will happen.

If we can’t make the playoffs, maybe God will at least give me the satisfaction of watching the deflaters, the cows, and the bumblebees get crushed the rest of the year. If I could erase three teams from all of sports I’d start with those three, right there with that abomination of a Cowboys ripoff.

I’m a little angry tonight, I’ve moved on to the next stage of grief in my Colts loss process

Thursday was a real tough loss. We were up 17-10 and couldn't put it away. Now we need help and really need to go 4-1 to get in.

I don't think the AFC South has a playoff contender among them this year. Sure, one of the teams makes the playoffs, but whichever one it is will go one and done. At least that's the current situation. 

A team could theoretically get their * together for December and roll into the playoffs strong. It's happened before. I don't anticipate that happening in this division. Poor execution and too much inconsistency all around. I'll still watch, root, and enjoy the rest of the games tho!