Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Playoff Chances: Playoff Machine Calculator

EastStreet

Pats usually let us down when we actually have a reason to root for them to win to help us out.  They are good for nothing in the eyes of a Colts fan.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose to Houston next week. 

To be honest...the Colts don’t deserve to make the playoffs with the way they have played. 

• Thanks 2

Prior to the game...I read that this game would have a 43% swing for IND and a 38% swing for HOU. It was about as must-win as a Week 12 game can be. But who knows what will happen. I just hate that the Colts don't have any tiebreakers over the teams still in the hunt...except for KC.

46 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Prior to the game...I read that this game would have a 43% swing for IND and a 38% swing for HOU. It was about as must-win as a Week 12 game can be. But who knows what will happen. I just hate that the Colts don't have any tiebreakers over the teams still in the hunt...except for KC.

ESPN just said we have roughly a 40% chance to still get in. They show us currently the 7th team lol, with the Raiders 6th.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

ESPN just said we have roughly a 40% chance to still get in. They show us currently the 7th team lol, with the Raiders 6th.

It's definitely possible...even if they lose to NO. OAK has six games left...and three are very losable. Of course they would have to lose all 3...but it's possible.

BUF also has three very losable games left. I am guessing they would have any tiebreaker over the Colts though. 

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

It's definitely possible...even if they lose to NO. OAK has six games left...and three are very losable. Of course they would have to lose all 3...but it's possible.

BUF also has three very losable games left. I am guessing they would have any tiebreaker over the Colts though. 

While I love the intrigue and chase to try and get in, short of a planets aligning moment or moments, we'd likely get boat raced playing either of the top 2 teams.... 

It pains me to say it, but I either hope we make the playoffs, or lose the rest lol.... If we're not going to go to the post season, I want the best draft position available. 

very tough one to swallow, better years ahead.  having to scoreboard watch is just the worst, absolutely the worst.  it's bad enough knowing that you can't get a playoff game at home, but even worse knowing what could have been with a single victory even after all the bad losses and that outside of their home game with the Pats, that the Texans have a cake-walk the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

While I love the intrigue and chase to try and get in, short of a planets aligning moment or moments, we'd likely get boat raced playing either of the top 2 teams.... 

It pains me to say it, but I either hope we make the playoffs, or lose the rest lol.... If we're not going to go to the post season, I want the best draft position available. 

Mediocrity is far worse than being terrible. 

26 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

We essentially need to win out. Even finishing with one more loss at 10-6, we will likely miss the playoffs to the Steelers or Bills.

A lot of If's but if we win the rest of our division games = Titans and at Jags and the Texans lose to the Pats and lose 1 to the Titans we could still win the division. I think we will lose to the Saints, but it is possible that the Colts and Texans finish 10-6 but the Colts have the better division record. That isn't even a stretch.

I am very disappointed with the play calling tonight, when we were up 17-10, Reich should've went for the kill and he didn't. We kept handing off after hand off, etc.. JB played bad but he never got a real chance to put the game away. Reich needs to let JB control the play calling more, I don't think JB is allowed to change plays because at one point we handed the ball off 19 out of 20 times in a row. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of If's but if we win the rest of our division games = Titans and at Jags and the Texans lose to the Pats and lose 1 to the Titans we could still win the division. I think we will lose to the Saints, but it is possible that the Colts and Texans finish 10-6 but the Colts have the better division record. That isn't even a stretch.

I am very disappointed with the play calling tonight, when we were up 17-10, Reich should've went for the kill and he didn't. We kept handing off after hand off, etc.. JB played bad but he never got a real chance to put the game away. Reich needs to let JB control the play calling more, I don't think JB is allowed to change plays because at one point we handed the ball off 19 out of 20 times in a row. 

It's an interesting question, how much freedom does he have at the line of scrimmage? You'd be able to get some idea from watching back the film and seeing if there are adjustments being made at the line. 

Oddly I'm still quite weirdly positive about our chances to make the playoffs, mainly because the rest of the AFC is just as inconsistent. I'm not so sure making the playoffs would be the best thing to happen though :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

It's an interesting question, how much freedom does he have at the line of scrimmage? You'd be able to get some idea from watching back the film and seeing if there are adjustments being made at the line. 

Oddly I'm still quite weirdly positive about our chances to make the playoffs, mainly because the rest of the AFC is just as inconsistent. I'm not so sure making the playoffs would be the best thing to happen though :P

I love the ground and pound game but it got to a point where when we kept running it, I was like WTH lmao . Honestly I do not think JB is allowed to change plays at the line after watching tonight. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With Andrew Luck we would be 9-2 right now IMO, I hope he is happy and watching. He ruined any chance we had of winning the SB when he left us/his teammates more importantly. 

Perhaps we would, perhaps not. 

If it was anyone else I'd think we'd get a fuller story somewhere down the line, it never smelt right, but as he's so private I do wonder if we'll ever know what really happened behind the scenes. The timing was beyond strange. 

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love the ground and pound game but it got to a point where when we kept running it, I was like WTH lmao . Honestly I do not think JB is allowed to change plays at the line after watching tonight. 

Maybe it's time people realised that JB just isn't that good

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Perhaps we would, perhaps not. 

If it was anyone else I'd think we'd get a fuller story somewhere down the line, it never smelt right, but as he's so private I do wonder if we'll ever know what really happened behind the scenes. The timing was beyond strange. 

Probably 10-1 haha . We would be 7-4 with JB had he played vs Miami. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Win divisional games, take 2/3 from NFC south, Colts will be in at 10-6.

7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I ran through this and if the Texans lose to NE and at Tenn and the Colts lose only to NO, Colts will be Division winner.

Both will be 10-6 and the Colts will be 5-1 in the Division while the Texans will be 4-2.

What gets lost after a game like last night, are the great plays we have made in the passing game this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I ran through this and if the Texans lose to NE and at Tenn and the Colts lose only to NO, Colts will be Division winner.

Both will be 10-6 and the Colts will be 5-1 in the Division while the Texans will be 4-2.

What gets lost after a game like last night, are the great plays we have made in the passing game this year.

I posted this earlier, see above. That is why it is far from over :thmup:

Let's be realistic, JB is not the QB that is capable of taking this team to the playoffs. He's too predictable, other teams have already caught on, the Texans with their make shift secondary shut down the passing game. Team got out coach, out played so playoff hopes is just dust in the wind.  Be lucky to win another game with JB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I think if the Texans lose any other games (in addition to the NE game)...and the Colts run the table...the Colts will have the tiebreaker...either through division record or common games. But barring that...the Colts will be playing for the WC.

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Mediocrity is far worse than being terrible. 

Bingo SCC. And mediocrity can actually impact a locker room and fan base as much as "terrible". 

My biggest fear is that mediocrity might be excused or even embraced to an extent by some (fans, players, FO).  

We have to root for the Steelers and Raiders to lose more games because of the head-to-head we have lost against them. Steelers, I am confident, will end up with at least 7 losses. Raiders, we have to cheer for 3 more losses because it will give us the margin of error for 1 more loss, which I think is the best we can do, 10-6.

I’m sticking with my 10-6 and winning the Division. 
   It’s not like the Colts have never had a deep passing game with Brissett.

The concerns? Can Hilton, Campbell and Funchess make a difference? Can they get healthy and develop timing with Brissett?

We’ll see. If they can, the Colts can make the playoffs. A lot is going to depend Reich’s play calling as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I posted this earlier, see above. That is why it is far from over :thmup:

I Don't  see the texans losing to the titans. The bottom  line is all we had to do is show up on offense and stomp on the Texans throats. Instead we let them  hang around  like chargers,  dolphins,  and Steelers. Infact other than the jags we have let everyone  hang around.  Now we will probably  watch playoffs from home unless the raiders win the division  and the chiefs finish with the same record  as us.

• Like 1

With Andrew Luck we would be 9-2 right now IMO, I hope he is happy and watching. He ruined any chance we had of winning the SB when he left us/his teammates more importantly. 

If Jacoby had played every game this season he would be at least 8-3, and with a kicker 9-2. So not much difference.