Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Latest Mocks - Colts, plus look at QBs drafted + Poll

Latest Mocks - Colts, plus look at QBs drafted + Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest need for the Colts

2. 2. Do you want to draft a QB in the first two rounds (we have 3 picks)

• Yes, and I'd move up to do so
    • Yes, best available at our 1st pick
    • Yes, but with our 2nd round pick
    • No, I'm more than happy with Brissett and have full confidence in him as our franchise QB
    • No, I think Brissett needs another year to learn, and I'm willing to risk another year of struggle
    • Maybe, but I'd like to see Kelly get some time this season so we know what we have
    • I just don't know right now
  3. 3. Would you spend a draft pick on a kicker (assuming we don't have our future kicker by the draft)

• Yes, we need a good one, and would be willing to use a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick.
    • Yes, but only late rounds (5th, 6th, or 7th)
    • No, we need to look at UDFAs and FAs

latest CBS mock 

1 - Burrow (Bengals)

4. - Tua (Miami)

12 - Herbert (LAC)

18 - Colts taking a CB Kristian Fulton (I don't see that happening)

19 - Love (Panthers)

Latest Sporting News

1 - Burrow (Bengals)

4. - Tua (Miami)

9 - Herbert (Broncos)

15 -  Hurts (TN)

21 - Colts taking a RB Jonathan Taylor (less likely than a CB LOL)

Latest Draft Wire

1 - Burrow (Bengals)

2. - Tua (Miami)

10 - Herbert (LAC)

17 - Eason (TN)

26 - Colts taking DL Neville Gallimore (realistic)

36 - Colts taking an Edge Yetur Gross-Matos (realistic)

40 - Hurts (TB)

44 - Love (Bears)

57 - Colts taking a WR Jalen Reagor (not likely if we don't take a QB at 26/36)

90 - Colts taking a S Kyle Dugger (maybe)

94 - Fromm (Saints)

latest Fantasy Pros

1 - Tua (Bengals)

8 - Herbert (TB)

12 - Burrow (Tenn)

17 - Eason (LAC)

22 - Colts taking an OT Austin Jackson (more plausible than a CB and RB lol)

27 - Hurts (Saints)

36 - Colts taking Edge K’Lavon Chaisson

45 - Fromm (Bears)

47 - Love (Panthers)

54 - Colts taking WR Justin Jefferson

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm open to a QB next year as early as 1st round if available all depends on who is available honestly.

I'd love Burrow or Herbert in the 1st, the rest don't excite me. I'd take Love in the 2nd in a heartbeat. 

9 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Some of these mocks blow my mind. Seems some have no clue what our needs are.

Yes, but did you think CB would be our first pick last year? However it shakes out, I just hope we upgrade the DL either by draft and/or FA

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I'd love Burrow or Herbert in the 1st, the rest don't excite me. I'd take Love in the 2nd in a heartbeat. 

Yes, but did you think CB would be our first pick last year? However it shakes out, I just hope we upgrade the DL either by draft and/or FA

I'd also love Burrow but I'm not even gonna think about that cause I'm 99% sure it's not gonna happen lol

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

No, not going to happen. If the Bengals don't take him, they are totally missing the boat.

like I've said before I want a QB but I honestly dont think it will happen I believe our record will be too good to have a shot at someone good.

JB looks just like a QB that will keep you just out of range of good picks but not good enough to win titles. 

• Like 2

QB for sure, JB just doesn't appear to be the QB of the future for the team....Need to draft a QB for sure trade up if necessary and get someone you can start right off the gate so will be ready for 2021, especially with the young players being developed, like the WRs, DLine and hopefully also get a decent RB.

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

like I've said before I want a QB but I honestly dont think it will happen I believe our record will be too good to have a shot at someone good.

JB looks just like a QB that will keep you just out of range of good picks but not good enough to win titles. 

I think there's a decent chance Herbert drops close to the middle of round 1. If so, we could move up without mortgaging our future. These last 7 games could be very tough, so honestly not so sure we'll be drafting all that late.

I think it’s entirely plausible that we don’t select a QB next year, and I really don’t expect one in the first two rounds (though it wouldn’t shock me if we grabbed one in Round 2).  I really think Brissett has done nothing to dispel the notion that he’s our franchise QB going forward, and a good GM doesn’t fix what ain’t broke.  However, Ballard can’t be overly comfortable with Hoyer either.  Depending what he thinks of Kelly (with much better intel than we have), I think this is on our mid- to late-round radar, with the realistic possibility of just adding a priority UCFA for TC...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think there's a decent chance Herbert drops close to the middle of round 1. If so, we could move up without mortgaging our future. These last 7 games could be very tough, so honestly not so sure we'll be drafting all that late.

I don't think he makes it past Denver..

I’m not sure what Jacoby has done to make people loose faith in him. The guy had a 15:3 TD to INT rating. And that’s with a poor receiving core.

Plus what QB is going to be available towards the end of the 1st round or the rounds after that will have the same ceiling as Brissett, or be better right off the bat? I want no parts of Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, or Jalen Hurts. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Colts have to come away with a #2 WR as well as a great DT prospect in this draft. Those are our 2 biggest needs right now. 

My dream scenario would be the Colts landing WR CeeDee Lamb in the 1st round and then DT Javon Kinlaw in the very early 2nd. 

The Colts have been searching for a number 2 receiver opposite TY for almost 8 years now. I think we’re long overdue. Campbell can’t seem to get on the field.

Kinlaw looks like a 1st round lock.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Archer said:

I think it’s entirely plausible that we don’t select a QB next year, and I really don’t expect one in the first two rounds (though it wouldn’t shock me if we grabbed one in Round 2).  I really think Brissett has done nothing to dispel the notion that he’s our franchise QB going forward, and a good GM doesn’t fix what ain’t broke.  However, Ballard can’t be overly comfortable with Hoyer either.  Depending what he thinks of Kelly (with much better intel than we have), I think this is on our mid- to late-round radar, with the realistic possibility of just adding a priority UCFA for TC...

Our poor offensive passing rank is arguably enough to dispel the notion. Not saying he can't improve, but he's only had decent (decent, not good) QBRs in 2 or 3 games, and 2 of those games were against some of the worse passing Ds in the league (Houston, Atlanta), and had a very bad QBR (33ish) vs the 3rd worst passing D in the league.

Currently he's very average to below average in most metrics even in the ultra conservative game plans and soft schedule we've played.

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. They took a QB (Lock) in the 2nd that I though Elway liked. I think he's been injured.

Well it has been publicly stated that Elway has been enamored with Herbert, well before this year. I don't think drafting Lock last year will stop Elway from pulling the trigger on Herbert if he's there. Denver is already pretty solid as a team, but would you put that team in the hands of Lock or Herbert, if given the opportunity?

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Well it has been publicly stated that Elway has been enamored with Herbert, well before this year. I don't think drafting Lock last year will stop Elway from pulling the trigger on Herbert if he's there. Denver is already pretty solid as a team, but would you put that team in the hands of Lock or Herbert, if given the opportunity?

A Von Miller quote came out today saying he thinks Lock is going to be special. Miller gets to see him in practice everyday but I guess we won't know until we see it ourselves.

4 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

A Von Miller quote came out today saying he thinks Lock is going to be special. Miller gets to see him in practice everyday but I guess we won't know until we see it ourselves.

And that's fine, but Miller isn't turning in the draft cards when they are making their picks. Lock was a late second rounder for a reason last year, and I'm not so sure how far into the 3rd he goes if Denver doesn't take him. Again, all I'm aware of is Elway does like Herbert, and if he's there when it's Denver's call, I'd put a decent wager on Elway taking him. 

6 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If we look at last year and compare Lock and Herbert, Lock had a better PR, more yards, and a lot better QBR. And that was playing in the SEC vs tough Ds as opposed to the Pac... 

I agree though, if he's enamored, might happen. I just think it's silly to throw away that 2018 pick. Why make it in the first place if you think you're going to go after Herbert. Elway has sheet the bed at QB decisions. The Manning decision was the only good call he's made. 

Without looking I voted and agree with the forum with what the votes show except I would draft a kicker in round 4 if a great one is there. DT is definitely the #1 need and I would give JB one more year as of now. He had us at 5-2 and has a 14 TD's to 3 INT's ratio. He may not be a franchise QB but he is far from our main problem. He is above average. We need a DT, WR, and a new young Kicker badly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If we look at last year and compare Lock and Herbert, Lock had a better PR, more yards, and a lot better QBR. And that was playing in the SEC vs tough Ds as opposed to the Pac... 

I agree though, if he's enamored, might happen. I just think it's silly to throw away that 2018 pick. Why make it in the first place if you think you're going to go after Herbert. Elway has sheet the bed at QB decisions. The Manning decision was the only good call he's made. 

He played Bama, LSU, and Auburn, once in 4 years. Was ok against Georgia and Florida. Look at his "big games".. E. Mich, Delaware State, Missouri State, Kentucky, Idaho, Connecticut, Arkansas, Wyoming, Purdue, Memphis, Tennessee, Oklahoma State.. world beaters on defense there..

Nice try at using one of my arguments against me, but a simple search would show you he wasn't good against the upper SEC teams. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/drew-lock-1/gamelog/

I don't think the Lock pick is a throw away pick, yet. Who knows, he's still young and could develop into something that he can eventually get something out of either as a player or draft pick. I don't think its the fact he's going after Herbert, it's more that Herbert is likely to fall in his lap. There were rumblings that he liked Daniel Jones this year too. 

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

And that's fine, but Miller isn't turning in the draft cards when they are making their picks. Lock was a late second rounder for a reason last year, and I'm not so sure how far into the 3rd he goes if Denver doesn't take him. Again, all I'm aware of is Elway does like Herbert, and if he's there when it's Denver's call, I'd put a decent wager on Elway taking him. 

If VM is saying it, it's likely because he's parroting what management is saying. Not saying it's not true, or true, just saying there's always a narrative. 

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He played Bama, LSU, and Auburn, once in 4 years. Was ok against Georgia and Florida. Look at his "big games".. E. Mich, Delaware State, Missouri State, Kentucky, Idaho, Connecticut, Arkansas, Wyoming, Purdue, Memphis, Tennessee, Oklahoma State.. world beaters on defense there..

Nice try at using one of my arguments against me, but a simple search would show you he wasn't good against the upper SEC teams. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/drew-lock-1/gamelog/

I don't think the Lock pick is a throw away pick, yet. Who knows, he's still young and could develop into something that he can eventually get something out of either as a player or draft pick. I don't think its the fact he's going after Herbert, it's more that Herbert is likely to fall in his lap. There were rumblings that he liked Daniel Jones this year too. 

The Pac is awful in terms of D. Outside of Utah this year, and Washington some years, very bad overall. And they play chumps too. How many top Ds has Herbert played against? And what is the talent level surrounding him.

The answer is not many at all, and they have on average top 10/15 national recruiting classes surrounding him. Lock on the other hand plays UGA and FL (both top 25 Ds) every year, and rotating SECW opponents (Bama, Auburn, LSU and MissSt was ranked when they played). UTen was also ranked in 16. And Missouri's supporting cast doesn't have recruiting class inside the top 30 the last 4 years.

In short, Herbert is playing vs weak Ds almost every week, and has a top 10ish roster. Lock played against some chumps, but overall the conference was much stronger on D, and his roster was a steaming pile. 

I like Herbert and he's my second fav of the 2020 QBs. I also think Lock is much more battle tested, and think he has potential as well.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The Pac is awful in terms of D. Outside of Utah this year, and Washington some years, very bad overall. And they play chumps too. How many top Ds has Herbert played against? And what is the talent level surrounding him.

The answer is not many at all, and they have on average top 10/15 national recruiting classes surrounding him. Lock on the other hand plays UGA and FL (both top 25 Ds) every year, and rotating SECW opponents (Bama, Auburn, LSU and MissSt was ranked when they played). UTen was also ranked in 16. And Missouri's supporting cast doesn't have recruiting class inside the top 30 the last 4 years.

In short, Herbert is playing vs weak Ds almost every week, and has a top 10ish roster. Lock played against some chumps, but overall the conference was much stronger on D, and his roster was a steaming pile. 

I like Herbert and he's my second fav of the 2020 QBs. I also think Lock is much more battle tested, and think he has potential as well.

Honest question, why is Herbert a top 10-15 pick compared to Lock being a fringe 2nd rounder?

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Honest question, why is Herbert a top 10-15 pick compared to Lock being a fringe 2nd rounder?

Lock was actually the #2 QB taken in a lot of mocks. In one of NFL.com (Reuter's) MD, Lock was the second overall pick. The draft network had him going at 11. CBS had him going 10th. 

Honestly not sure why he dropped to the 2nd round. If I had to guess, I'd say it was his inconsistent play vs Bama and UGA his last year. Most QBs that faced them had bad games though lol... 

On Herbert, he's slid a bit in several of the latest MDs. I've seen anywhere from 8th, to 19th. I see him gong between 10 and 20. Some are starting to like Fromm and Hurts, and they're moving up in some. I also saw a few with Jordan Love jumping up a bunch.

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I think it is very possible Tua will be off the top of the draft, unfortunately.

A major/sever hip fracture injury.  depends on the remedy necessary... hip replacement will pretty much end it all for him though.

Such a shame. I hate Bama, but he's a great kid. My Bama buddies are all in shock.

up 4 scores, and kept in to practice the 2 min drill after being banged up for two weeks. Horrible... 

On 11/14/2019 at 1:33 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not sure what Jacoby has done to make people loose faith in him. The guy had a 15:3 TD to INT rating. And that’s with a poor receiving core.

Plus what QB is going to be available towards the end of the 1st round or the rounds after that will have the same ceiling as Brissett, or be better right off the bat? I want no parts of Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, or Jalen Hurts. 

What ceiling? Jacoby has hit his ceiling. We know what he is and what he isnt

19 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Jacoby has hit his ceiling. We know what he is and what he isnt

Wow

Cmon...... You dont know that.......   He is still learning

I personally have no idea what we have with JB.  

He is somewhere between 10-20

Can he be a top 10 QB?  MAYBE

IF he is .... THAT and an improved defense and OL, may all we need to win SBs

We had Manning, one of the top ten QBs OF ALL TIME...for many years, and won     JUST 

ONE SB

Will he be Mahomes..... Nope

Will he be the worst...... Nope

Give him two of his three missing WRs.........   You may just see some significant improvement

On 11/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, hoosierhawk said:

Some of these mocks blow my mind. Seems some have no clue what our needs are.

I don’t mind seeing different opinions and the diverse mocks from fans. The annoying thing with the mocks here, is a lot trades to accumulate more picks. Stick to the just the picks, because predicting trades is harder and probably less realistic than the selections themselves. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Please. If you think he's more than the game managers he's shown us your being blinded by your blue colored glasses

Please, he’s in the infancy of his career. 

Brissett will be better next year.   And possibly even the year after that.   Not sure how little football Jacoby has actually played.   No reason to make judgements now.    

I don’t make judgements here based on being a Colts fan.  I make judgements based on following football for more than 50 years including 30 years in the media.    By the way, some teams do just fine with a game manager. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Please, he’s in the infancy of his career. 

Brissett will be better next year.   And possibly even the year after that.   Not sure how little football Jacoby has actually played.   No reason to make judgements now.    

I don’t make judgements here based on being a Colts fan.  I make judgements based on following football for more than 50 years including 30 years in the media.    By the way, some teams do just fine with a game manager. 

I'm not sure "doing just fine" is what we should be aiming at... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not sure "doing just fine" is what we should be aiming at... 

I’m not saying that’s what we’re aiming for.   But there’s only a handful of great QBs and we don’t have one right now.   So until we get one, we go with what we have and do the best we can..

Is that unreasonable?   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not saying that’s what we’re aiming for.   But there’s only a handful of great QBs and we don’t have one right now.   So until we get one, we go with what we have and do the best we can..

Is that unreasonable?   

No, it's not unreasonable, but you cannot get a great QB unless you try to get one(probably through the draft)... choosing to not pick a QB is a choice in itself. You choose to have Brissett as your QB. 

• Like 1