Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton Misses Practice Again, May Miss Sunday


John Waylon

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, John Waylon said:


That was an ankle, this is being termed a calf. A walking boot for an ankle is mostly precautionary. For a calf issue... probably more than precautionary. 
 

Also, let’s not forget what the last calf injury we dealt with cost us...

 

giphy.gif

At this point when it comes to injuries I do not know what to believe anymore homer simpson GIFstepping out homer GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I don’t know why we didn’t trade for Emmanuel Sanders

 

Because Ballard does not believe in giving up draft picks. After a while, he will realize you have to give up some to get something valuable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Because Ballard does not believe in giving up draft picks. After a while, he will realize you have to give up some to get something valuable. 

True. We do have weapons in Ebron, Campbell, Cain, Hines and Pascal. I just think we needed an extra WR because none of them are exactly lighting the league up...and now Hilton is hurt. Either they step their game up or Ballard makes himself look foolish for once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, colt18 said:

True. We do have weapons in Ebron, Campbell, Cain, Hines and Pascal. I just think we needed an extra WR because none of them are exactly lighting the league up...and now Hilton is hurt. Either they step their game up or Ballard makes himself look foolish for once.

 

It's still gonna be tough.  TY is what Rick Venturi would call and Ambien player.  Steelers won't have to worry about double teaming TY so now they can focus on other area.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colt18 said:

True. We do have weapons in Ebron, Campbell, Cain, Hines and Pascal. I just think we needed an extra WR because none of them are exactly lighting the league up...and now Hilton is hurt. Either they step their game up or Ballard makes himself look foolish for once.

 

Ballard was bailed out by his Inman pickup last year, but this year, we have to expect Funchess' return plus our young guns to bail us out. I am not going to shake pom-poms for Ballard on this front, to be honest!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems like a curse but if Brissett can get in sync with Campbell and Cain before TY  and Funch get back into the swing of things it will be a big blessing.  I'm looking forward to seeing how we take on this challenge .

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, colt18 said:

True. We do have weapons in Ebron, Campbell, Cain, Hines and Pascal. I just think we needed an extra WR because none of them are exactly lighting the league up...and now Hilton is hurt. Either they step their game up or Ballard makes himself look foolish for once.

The coaches work with the talent they have and are provided.  The loss of TY is major.  Ebron is the only guy you mentioned who has had multiple good games in the past.  That puts a lot of pressure on the others to perform and so far they have been nothing special.  You are right.  They need to step up big.  Ballard had a chance to add one proven receiver and he didn't do it.  He took a gamble and it might come back to haunt him if we don't make the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The coaches work with the talent they have and are provided.  The loss of TY is major.  Ebron is the only guy you mentioned who has had multiple good games in the past.  That puts a lot of pressure on the others to perform and so far they have been nothing special.  You are right.  They need to step up big.  Ballard had a chance to add one proven receiver and he didn't do it.  He took a gamble and it might come back to haunt him if we don't make the playoffs.

What proven reciever was on the trading block?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, egg said:

 

I for one think this is kind of fun.

 

I'm interested in seeing if the Colts can overcome this.

 

 

 

IT will be interesting. Defense needs to step up. Saw a tweet Jacoby addressed the team about Hilton being out. If we pull off the Steelers with our Hilton we are sitting pretty good. There is no excuse to lose to Miami. Then if get Funchess back for the jags game we might be ok.

Ir will be fun to see how we use Campbell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Suppose we can add that JB can quiet his doubters as well.

Yep. This was a point east street made earlier. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and will help JB develop some chemistry with Cain and Campbell.  Then when funchess comes back and Hilton comes back that actually makes this team that much better. Of course though we might end up falling flat on our faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

If its any consolation....RB James Conner is doubtful, RB Benny Snell is out and so is G Ramon Foster.

 

I'm sticking with my prediction....

 

Colts       24

Steelers 16

I think this might be a game hooker has some INT. Rudolph was just throwing passes  up last week. The RB for the Steelers who is active is still pretty good though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

People are talking about which WR will step up but I think Hines is about to get a lot of play now. He's second on the team in receptions and, along with Doyle, seem to be Brissett's security blanket.

 

I was just getting ready to post that Hines will probably be on the field more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, colt18 said:

True. We do have weapons in Ebron, Campbell, Cain, Hines and Pascal. I just think we needed an extra WR because none of them are exactly lighting the league up...and now Hilton is hurt. Either they step their game up or Ballard makes himself look foolish for once.

Why?   Because his crystal ball didn't work?   Campbell is back.   Funchess is due back soon.  Trading for a WR wasn't a huge priority.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What proven reciever was on the trading block?

Robbie Anderson of the Jets for sure and Agholor was reportedly available.  Sanu and Sanders as well.  I think Sanu went for a 2nd.  Sanders a 3rd and 5th.  Both to contenders and they are already paying off.  The Jets were reportedly offered a 3rd for Anderson and they were holding out for a 2nd which we could have paid and still have a 2nd in the bank.   The consensus on Agholor was a 4th.  The two unbeaten contenders stepped up.  We rolled the dice.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

Why?   Because his crystal ball didn't work?   Campbell is back.   Funchess is due back soon.  Trading for a WR wasn't a huge priority.  

Hopefully he is not using a crystal ball.  Campbell hasn't shown a thing yet. Funchess has to show he has recovered from an injury.  At 2-5 I can see waiting to see if the young guys can do it.  At 5-2 and in 1st place in the middle of a SB run it would have been prudent to make a move to try and improve the team and at the same time to improve an important position group that has only one proven player you can count on.  TY's big catch last week on the sideline speaks for itself.  Ballard took the gamble. Time will tell if it he was right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Hopefully he is not using a crystal ball.  Campbell hasn't shown a thing yet. Funchess has to show he has recovered from an injury.  At 2-5 I can see waiting to see if the young guys can do it.  At 5-2 and in 1st place in the middle of a SB run it would have been prudent to make a move to try and improve the team and at the same time to improve an important position group that has only one proven player you can count on.  TY's big catch last week on the sideline speaks for itself.  Ballard took the gamble. Time will tell if it he was right.

Ballard  trusts the young guys I don't  atleast  not yet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...