Indianapolis Colts
John Waylon

Hilton Misses Practice Again, May Miss Sunday

There's no real way to sugar coat TY being out. You can find some small silver linings but that really hurts us, especially against a very solid pass D in Steelers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Zach Pascal, Chester Rodgers, Parris Campbell, and Deon Cain do not instill much confidence. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

There's no real way to sugar coat TY being out. 

Marlon Mack is on my fantasy team. 

:applause:

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Doesn't sound good...at least for this week. That rumor about it being long-term has not been debunked, has it?

Mike Chapell did say he called his sources and said it was nothing. We will find out soon.

for what it is worth, he wore a boot all week long for several weeks last year and still played on Sunday.  My thing with TY is until they rule him out, I'm assuming he's playing. based on history for him alone.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Mike Chapell did say he called his sources and said it was nothing. We will find out soon.

I doubt Chappy would be in the know. Ballard runs a very tight ship...and the only chance that rumor is true...is if it had a rare leak. But that leak probably woudn't be anyone that Holder or Chappy or Keefer would know...and probably isn't even a reliable source. 

Just one of those things...that is nothing until it's something...but at the same time...Ty isn't practicing.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

for what it is worth, he wore a boot all week long for several weeks last year and still played on Sunday.  My thing with TY is until they rule him out, I'm assuming he's playing. based on history for him alone.

Agree...though I don't know what his history with actually being present at practice has been like. Not being present for two days and hearing things like "not insignificant" are at least somewhat concerning.

Just now, csmopar said:

That was an ankle, this is being termed a calf. A walking boot for an ankle is mostly precautionary. For a calf issue... probably more than precautionary. 

Also, let’s not forget what the last calf injury we dealt with cost us...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sucks but like I been saying this is a perfect opportunity to get some things going with Cain and Campbell.   They need the reps and this is a great time to get in sync with Brissett.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

That was an ankle, this is being termed a calf. A walking boot for an ankle is mostly precautionary. For a calf issue... probably more than precautionary. 

Also, let’s not forget what the last calf injury we dealt with cost us...

giphy.gif

well very true.

Let’s calm down guys. We can still win this game, the Steelers aren’t exactly world beaters.

if Ben was playing I’d feel less optimistic. I still think we beat them.

TY has been struggling to stay healthy all year.  Even if he can somehow go it doesn't take away the fact that we took a big chance by standing pat and doing nothing at the trade deadline.  The 49's and Pats made the moves for WR's to strengthen their teams for the SB run. We did not.   I hope we don't regret it. 

Good thing we have Miami coming up. I don’t feel good with max defense. If he isn’t back by the Houston game we are done.

Just now, richard pallo said:

TY has been struggling to stay healthy all year.  Even if he can somehow go it doesn't take away the fact that we took a big chance by standing pat and doing nothing at the trade deadline.  The 49's and Pats made the moves for WR's to strengthen their teams for the SB run. We did not.   I hope we don't regret it. 

Dare I say this... Josh Gordon anyone?  As much as I can't stand the thought, we could use the depth...

3 weeks? Steelers, Miami, Jacksonville (Funchess should be back).... We might be okay till then but get healthy ghost!

• Like 1

Just now, csmopar said:

Dare I say this... Josh Gordon anyone?  As much as I can't stand the thought, we could use the depth...

Ballard has until 4PM today to put in a claim.  

1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

3 weeks? Steelers, Miami, Jacksonville (Funchess should be back).... We might be okay till then but get healthy ghost!

Yeah we kind of have a lucky break with DF hopefully coming back and the schedule.  Jax game could be hard with their defense.

Yeah, I get the whole "next man up" stuff but we've gotta prove we can win without TY. We haven't been able to do so in the past. We'll see how it goes though, guys are really gonna have to step up.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he isn’t back by the Houston game we are done.

So rare of you to overreact...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There was a guy in the NFL 2018 as a rookie had 63 catches ………….His name ?????? >>>>> Nyheim Hines ………..GO COLTS !!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard has until 4PM today to put in a claim.  

yeah i doubt anyone claims him, but we'll see

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

We barely had a passing game *with* Hilton.

Dang.

True!!!!

Im sure our 6th round pick, and multiple undrafted WRs, we chose to ride the season out with a the deadline with will be enough 

• Like 1

Great opportunity for Cain and Campbell and whoever else to step it up a notch.  I might would even look at calling Marcus Johnson up from the PS also.

Just get through the next two games and hopefully Funchess gets back. That Houston game is a short week so I doubt Hilton plays by then.

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

From “may miss Sunday” to “3-4 weeks”. 

That escalated quickly... 

I thought it went from nothing to may miss Sunday to now 3-4 weeks.  

If they are saying 3-4 weeks it's probably much longer than that.  

Like east street said maybe this finally gets Jacoby going with Cain and Campbell. If we can pull through this stretch it could benefit for this team in the long run.  But 0-5 without Hilton is not good.